PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Observations on our NFLE players

Status
Not open for further replies.
p8ryts said:
Don't know why but it happens each year. Kory Chapman came close, Rod Trafford came close, but no real roster contributions come out of the NFLEL for the Pats.

Hmm.. I guess you consider Adam Vinatieri having offered no real roster contribution.

Didn't Bam Childress play there last year?

flutie2phelan said:
Dunno how that fits the thread ... but you bring back an ugly memory.
Preseason ... the year both Alexander and Greg Spires were rookies,
trying to make their rosters (Redskins and Pats, respectively).

Alexander targeting Spires on a kickoff. Instead of blocking, he delivers
a nice tight uppercut between Greg's legs. Knocks him out of the game.
Earns points for nastiness, i s'pose.

Worst bad sportsmanship i ever saw ... until UVA's Brad Butler tried to cripple
Kiwanuka this past autumn. Butler set the bar higher.

Anyway ... now it is clear why Alexander fits the Broncos' system so well.

What about VT's Vick trying to hurt Dumervil? That was just as bad.

DaBruinz said:
Hmm.. I guess you consider Adam Vinatieri having offered no real roster contribution.

Didn't Bam Childress play there last year?
Nope, Bam was a UDFA out of THE ohio State.

I believe p8ryts is taking note or the fact that the players allocated by the Pats don't usually get past the Practice Squad, I can't think of one who did. I have to agree with him, I'm skeptical of any NFLE player having a chance to make the team, but Roehl keeps turning up on Pioli's database so he may be the exception. I think Steitz may have a chance at the Practice Squad, but the others have to show me more, including Ventrone.

AV was a FA picked up by Parcells, I don't know if he was an NFLE allocation cut from another team, or one of the handful of unallocated players who go to NFLE as Free Agents.

Andruzzi played in Scotland, I'm not sure if he was allocated by Green Bay or if they picked him up as a FA, but he spent four years there as a back-up before the Pats picked him up.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Nope, Bam was a UDFA out of THE ohio State.

I believe p8ryts is taking note or the fact that the players allocated by the Pats don't usually get past the Practice Squad, I can't think of one who did. I have to agree with him, I'm skeptical of any NFLE player having a chance to make the team, but Roehl keeps turning up on Pioli's database so he may be the exception. I think Steitz may have a chance at the Practice Squad, but the others have to show me more, including Ventrone.

AV was a FA picked up by Parcells, I don't know if he was an NFLE allocation cut from another team, or one of the handful of unallocated players who go to NFLE as Free Agents.

Andruzzi played in Scotland, I'm not sure if he was allocated by Green Bay or if they picked him up as a FA, but he spent four years there as a back-up before the Pats picked him up.

True, usually they don't get past the practice squad. But only time will tell.

Its going to be interesting to see what the Pats do for a kicker.

flutie2phelan said:
Dunno how that fits the thread ... but you bring back an ugly memory.
Preseason ... the year both Alexander and Greg Spires were rookies,
trying to make their rosters (Redskins and Pats, respectively).

Alexander targeting Spires on a kickoff. Instead of blocking, he delivers
a nice tight uppercut between Greg's legs. Knocks him out of the game.
Earns points for nastiness, i s'pose.

Worst bad sportsmanship i ever saw ... until UVA's Brad Butler tried to cripple
Kiwanuka this past autumn. Butler set the bar higher.

Anyway ... now it is clear why Alexander fits the Broncos' system so well.
Alexander...has always been a cheap artist hit a Patriot player in a preseason game.. right between the legs..with an uppercut..he got kicked out..MUST have been an early year maybe a rookie...but I was just

Box_O_Rocks said:

I don't know that either..but both played in the NFLE...

I've re-watched the games:

Musinski looks much better then I originally thought, if he can play like this each week we may have a #3 or 4. He had one touchdown on a crossing pattern, and would have had another if the QB had lead him. 4 for 71 tds and a TD.

Roehl looked okay against a speed rusher, but the guy was a German national with three years in the league - I don't think he is a good Dwight Freeney measure. We'll have to keep watching, but I still like the kid.

Steitz was pretty good through the whole game, I still want to see more nastiness.

Ventrone's open field tackling looked better once I slowed it down to see what was happening, he didn't wrap up the way I'd prefer, but he was knocking the runners off their feet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call