PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Way too early look at Pats Free Agents for 2023

I've posted before about how Chasen Hines drove the LSU coaches crazy by playing at 360 lbs when his ideal weight was 325.

I'm paraphrasing Charles Barkley's famous quote to Stanley Roberts: "Hey Chasen, you could be a great player if you learned just two words: I'm full."
They are high on him; I would expect him to be a major part of the team going forward.

So Meyers will in all likelihood be heading to Bears or falcons. Falcons already have a wr1 in drake London . So could afford Meyers with 14-15 million.

With Justin fields showing such progress and promise , giving him an dependable outlet in Meyers is going to quickly ignite that franchise.

Next year in my opinion the offense will go even worse with all deadwood on tight ends due to coaching inabilities .

Based on PFF Meyers is top 10 free agent for 2023

So Meyers will in all likelihood be heading to Bears or falcons. Falcons already have a wr1 in drake London . So could afford Meyers with 14-15 million.

With Justin fields showing such progress and promise , giving him an dependable outlet in Meyers is going to quickly ignite that franchise.

Next year in my opinion the offense will go even worse with all deadwood on tight ends due to coaching inabilities .

Based on PFF Meyers is top 10 free agent for 2023
The only way that the offense gets worse next season is if the offensive line gets even worse.

Even if they let Meyers walk, the Pats will probably still spend some of their available cap space and draft capital to improve the offense. If the offense is exactly the same next year without Meyers then I agree the offense could get worse, but I just don't think that is likely scenario.

BTW- there are 2 glaring hot takes about the JC Jackson fiasco signing that is not being mentioned is that he is not the first DB who has left the Pats and didn't find the same success with another team (see Malcolm Butler). Coaching and Scheme. Now BOTH Jackson and Butler were very good CB's just based on the individual physical skills. BUT evidently being in this defensive system AND the coaching they got, elevated those skills into being viewed as premier CB's worthy of a big contract.

Of course JC's injuries have also factored in his very disappointing season, but his play while healthy did not come close to what we were seeing here last year. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that good schemes and good coaching can definitely raise a player's image around the league
The system's name is Devin McCourty.

How about Elgton Jenkins? He's a guard...but can play tackle....could be very useful for our OL....

Interesting .. are you implying that huge factor in our cornerback success is mcCourty?
Yes. He has obviously started to decline the last two seasons but a great FS makes the whole secondary better. There's a reason why BB is such a nerd about a position that is largely boring to the layperson.

Yes. He has obviously started to decline the last two seasons but a great FS makes the whole secondary better. There's a reason why BB is such a nerd about a position that is largely boring to the layperson.
Never ever thought of McCourty as a great FS

BTW- there are 2 glaring hot takes about the JC Jackson fiasco signing that is not being mentioned is that he is not the first DB who has left the Pats and didn't find the same success with another team (see Malcolm Butler). Coaching and Scheme. Now BOTH Jackson and Butler were very good CB's just based on the individual physical skills. BUT evidently being in this defensive system AND the coaching they got, elevated those skills into being viewed as premier CB's worthy of a big contract.

Of course JC's injuries have also factored in his very disappointing season, but his play while healthy did not come close to what we were seeing here last year. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that good schemes and good coaching can definitely raise a player's image around the league

Wait.. WHAT? You're saying they coaching they got from the Belichick boys might actually be GOOD??? NO. That can't be. The EXPERTS <sic> herer on Patsfans tell me that Belichick boys only got their positions because of Nepotism. NOT because they are actually good positional coaches... I mean.. They're just riding Dad's coattails.. </sarcasm>

Sorry, Ken. I couldn't help it. The amount of hatred that both Steve and Brian get from certain people on here is just ridiculous. And that is despite guys like McCourty and Gilmore flat out saying that they are good coaches at different times. Unlike others, I appreciate your candid takes and pointing out stuff like this.

How about Elgton Jenkins? He's a guard...but can play tackle....could be very useful for our OL....
javon hargrave would be incredible

Never ever thought of McCourty as a great FS
It doesn't seem like it, but he's been pretty good at not allowing deep plays.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back