PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Tim Tebow wants out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to have him in the FB/Jack of All Trades/Julian Edelman role to replace Fells.

He's actually insanely strong and would make a terrific blocker. Would love to have him pancake a passrusher and run out. The guy can play, someone just needs to use him.

He wants to be a QB though, so unless he gives that up he's headed to one of the many teams out there who fielded a defensive, running team.

I'm thinking Cards...

Last edited:
Tebow isn't a good QB. A good footballer with an iron will? Perhaps.

I agree 100%, well, except for the "perhaps".

I think he could be useful, if he's a free agent, if he signs cheap, if it's somewhere that he would be no distraction (NE?), if he's fine with never being asked to throw a pass again, and if he has a coach willing and able to make use of some very tangible football skills that he clearly has.

Lots of ifs I know, but I'm talking about a low risk Jeff Demps type signing of a street free agent. Not a trade. He'd be somewhere in the 40s on your roster. No savior talk, no heir-apparent talk, none of that. Can he beat out Hoo-Hoo?

Realistic? I don't know. Personally I think so, since I consider him both untradeable and even unsignable as a QB, but with a will to succeed. If a coach challenges him to be the best special teamer, tight end, H-back, or fullback he could be, do you think he would have an issue with that, as long as winning was the goal? I don't.

Hopefully the CFL.

The Tebow hype is ridiculous, boring and he can't play too on top of that.

I've never liked Tebow... he thinks he's better than me because of his fantasy friend. Can't stand that kind of arrogance.

I agree 100%, well, except for the "perhaps".

I think he could be useful, if he's a free agent, if he signs cheap, if it's somewhere that he would be no distraction (NE?), if he's fine with never being asked to throw a pass again, and if he has a coach willing and able to make use of some very tangible football skills that he clearly has.

Lots of ifs I know, but I'm talking about a low risk Jeff Demps type signing of a street free agent. Not a trade. He'd be somewhere in the 40s on your roster. No savior talk, no heir-apparent talk, none of that. Can he beat out Hoo-Hoo?

Realistic? I don't know. Personally I think so, since I consider him both untradeable and even unsignable as a QB, but with a will to succeed. If a coach challenges him to be the best special teamer, tight end, H-back, or fullback he could be, do you think he would have an issue with that, as long as winning was the goal? I don't.
The problem with Tebow is he doesn't appear capable of grasping his limitations and still wants to be a QB. If he stays at his current weight, he's a Full Back. If he slims down (back to his college weight) he could be a handy Peyton Hillis type of Running Back (I realise their weights are comparable now). The guy has the will to succeed. I'm not going to doubt that. What I object to is being called a bigot because I don't believe he has the necessary tools to sustain a long term and meaningful career as a QB.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Cards...

You know.. I hadn't thought of the Cards but that actually makes decent sense. Their QB play is horrible so there really would be no drop off.. may actually improve by up to 2% (stat's estimated). But he could be great with them.. Fitz would feast on broken play's where Tebow buys time.

I can imagine Minnesota or maybe Dallas, or Cleveland?!... might be other spots where if they went all in they could win with him.

The problem with Tebow is he doesn't appear capable of grasping his limitations and still wants to be a QB. If he stays at his current weight, he's a Full Back. If he slims down (back to his college weight) he could be a handy Peyton Hillis type of Running Back (I realise their weights are comparable now). The guy has the will to succeed. I'm not going to doubt that. What I object to is being called a bigot because I don't believe he has the necessary tools to sustain a long term and meaningful career as a QB.

If tebow truly thought he could be a qb he wouldn't have signed with the jets. Tebow thought he help a team that was a contender...which is why he ran more than he threw.

If tebow got a call from to come play fb/te he would come...Something tells me that's what bill wanted to draft him for.

I'd love to see what McDaniels could morph Tebow into.

Have to give him his due. He took like a pro all season long. He was signed by Jets to to sell PSLs and owner Johnson looooves front & back pages of NY Papers whether it's positive or negative just as long as he 's getting attention. Tebow's news conference when he was signed he was up there alone, no Ryan, no Tennanbaum & no Johnson. Fed him to wolves ( NY Mediots) Tebow should do one more QB sneak and run right outta NY/NJ.

Meet the new starting quarterback for the 2013 Saskatchewan Roughriders.

can he pass the rusher?

How about Safety next to McCourty?

B. why get a failed QB to play TE when there's Gronk, Hernandez, Fells, Ballard & Hoo-man?
The most ridiculous thing is to take on a project who never played the position and expect him to get through camp without being cut. How is he supposed to beat out a Fells or Ballard? Who says he can run a route, block or catch? I mean this is ridiculous to even be discussing something like this.

What I see is a guy who can run down hill with power but probably has little lateral ability and speed. Once defenses figured out his one trick last year he sported a pretty bad record while backing into the playoffs. Once in the playoffs he was the recipient of the WORST defensive game plan **** Lebow ever dreamed up. It's unfortunate that followers don't understand this. He's an illusion. John Elway didn't like him. Rex Ryan didn't like him. I think enough football minds have watched him practice enough to know that he can't play.

Awful QB, can't throw the ball. Even the Jets know this. We already have TEs. Next topic.

Gotta agree with Deus that blind irrational undeserved hatred of Tebow abounds.

If Sporano was worth minimum wage as a OC he'd have had a Tebow package developed in summer camp.

If Tebow, properly prepared and supported played that last half against the Tits, the Jets would still be in the playoff race. That game, that D was perfect for his capabilities to win that game.

Last edited:
Woody wanted Tebow...there's a major disconnect between the coaching staff and the owner with the GM putzing it up as the middleman who sits there wqith his thumb stuck in his azz...Tebow will land where he's wanted after this debacle...how he does is of no concern to me

The most ridiculous thing is to take on a project who never played the position and expect him to get through camp without being cut.

How'd you like drafting Edelman? ridiculous?

Gotta agree with Deus that blind irrational undeserved hatred of Tebow abounds.

If Sporano was worth minimum wage as a OC he'd have had a Tebow package developed in summer camp.

If Tebow, properly prepared and supported played that last half against the Tits, the Jets would still be in the playoff race. That game, that D was perfect for his capabilities to win that game.
I've seen nothing to suggest that the Jets would be a playoff team with Tim Tebow at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft