PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Tim Tebow wants out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he is. Did you ever hear him speak? It sounds like he has the brain of a five year old. Maybe that's why he can't learn the playbook.

You are confusing a north Florida rural accent with intelligence, and I have never heard the "can't learn a playbook" knock.

He was named the outstanding ACADEMIC STUDENT in the country as a senior.

Florida's Tebow wins Campbell Trophy, the academic Heisman - USATODAY.com

I have heard him speak, in person, to kids. He is not the simpleton he sounds like in sound bites.

Bill designed a strategy just to stop tebow...ThaT'S All you need to know about his football abilities.

Bill designs a strategy to stop everyone. He's a defensive coach. That's what he does. Again, do you watch football at all?

Last edited:
The threat he would throw instead of Brady? Ahhh...no.

FB/TE option not quarterback. There's so many many things you can do with tebow as a weapon for brady.

If the patriots could turn mike vrabel into a redzone threat, why not tim tebow?

FB/TE option not quarterback. There's so many many things you can do with tebow as a weapon for brady.

If the patriots could turn mike vrabel into a redzone threat, why not tim tebow?

Vrabel was good
Tebow is a media fabrication

Simple really.

There's no reason for him to be in New England...at all and I doubt BB would want that distraction anywhere near the locker room.

Bill designed a strategy just to stop tebow...ThaT'S All you need to know about his football abilities.

That doesn't mean Bill can't design a strategy to USE Tebow. Not as a passer, god forbid, but can you imagine him catching a little screen pass with a head of steam and Gronk, Solder, and another lineman out in front?

He'd have to learn to catch the ball and to use his blockers, but I don't think there is any doubt anymore about his ability to run through contact and get positive yards. Teams put 9 in the box last year and he still did that, to most teams anyway (but not to us, as you noted).

Tebow was a media fabrication

As a QB in the NFL, yes, I agree with you.

As a runner though I think you have to ignore a lot to say that. If you ignore every pass he ever threw, even in college, he scored more rushing touchdowns than any player in SEC history, for crying out loud, in the best, deepest, most talent-rich college conference in college football history.

Last edited:
Bill designs a strategy to stop everyone. That's what he does. Again, do you watch football at all?

Sigh :rolleyes2: do you list to analyst

'The key to the Patriots' sterling defensive effort was Belichick's uncharacteristic decision to attack. His defenses have usually been built on a read and react policy, founded on the principle of never surrendering the big play.

Against the Broncos, though, Belichick turned his much-maligned defense loose. The Patriots lined up in a variation of the 3-4.

Belichick and his staff tweaked the front to ensure that every member of the Denver offensive line was covered.

The three defensive linemen were aligned closer together, covering the center and guards, in a look reminiscent of the 46."

That doesn't mean Bill can't design a strategy to USE Tebow. Not as a passer, god forbid, but can you imagine him catching a little screen pass with a head of steam and Gronk, Solder, and another lineman out in front?

He would probably look confused, run into Solder and fumble the ball.

Have you seen him when people KNOW he's going to run? He looks totally lost.

Why do people even want him anywhere near this team never mind on it :bricks:

Jacksonville is his place. I don't know how the Jags didn't trade for him.

Sigh :rolleyes2: do you list to analyst

'The key to the Patriots' sterling defensive effort was Belichick's uncharacteristic decision to attack. His defenses have usually been built on a read and react policy, founded on the principle of never surrendering the big play.

Against the Broncos, though, Belichick turned his much-maligned defense loose. The Patriots lined up in a variation of the 3-4.

Belichick and his staff tweaked the front to ensure that every member of the Denver offensive line was covered.

The three defensive linemen were aligned closer together, covering the center and guards, in a look reminiscent of the 46."

You made an argument about Belichick designing a defense to stop Tebow. Belichick designs defenses to stop opponents all the time. He's usually successful enough to win games. You following your earlier post up with this one just emphasizes your lack of understanding of the game.

He'd have to learn to catch the ball and to use his blockers, but I don't think there is any doubt anymore about his ability to run through contact and get positive yards. Teams put 9 in the box last year and he still did that, to most teams anyway (but not to us, as you noted).

Exactly:rocker:

in the redzone
Brady could hand it off to tebow
brady could throw it tebow
And brady could use tebow as a pass blocker.

If you're looking for someone to catch screen passes, shouldn't you look for someone who already has those skills?

If you're looking for someone to catch screen passes, shouldn't you look for someone who already has those skills?

Maybe he does have them? We know he has the skills to gain yards on the ground once he has the ball.

No sane person wants him as a QB.

No sane person wants to pay him a lot of money, because there are huge unknowns.

No sane team would trade for him.

For years I have looked at this guy like a Mike Alstott, but stronger and maybe quite a bit faster.

If he were a free agent, if he signed on the cheap, and only if he gave up the QB dream would I ever consider it. But if all of those conditions were met, then why not?

You made an argument about Belichick designing a defense to stop Tebow. Belichick designs defenses to stop opponents all the time. He's usually successful enough to win games. You following your earlier post up with this one just emphasizes your lack of understanding of the game.

Did i even imply that? My point IS if tebow was such a horrible player like what bit-t thinks, bill would not have took the time to design something for him.

More to my point: Bill is known of taking away a teams best play maker...TEBOW was that that playmaker.

I just don't see his pro position. The only role in which he outperforms JAGs is rusher with an option to pass, and you have to redesign your whole offense to exploit that ability.

Not really... it is what it is. The guy went 8-5, including a playoff win. He can play at some level in the NFL. That argument was lost by the anti-Tebowites last season. Those who continue to try arguing it are just showing their bigotry.

At this point, the question is whether or not he could succeed long-term in a system designed to highlight his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. It's working so far for guys like RGIII, and Wilson, and it's having mixed results with Newton.

What's sad is that a thread about how bad things are in Jets land, which could have been a glorious addition to the "Jets Suck" thread, has become just another Tebow bashing thread, because the bigots here can't get past themselves.
Bull****. Tebow isn't a good QB. A good footballer with an iron will? Perhaps. It's been discussed at length.

You're forwarding a position to make yourself look above reproach and sit a top some moral high ground. You don't have any authority to make such a comment about Tebow detractors.

Last edited:
I just don't see his pro position. The only role in which he outperforms JAGs is rusher with an option to pass, and you have to redesign your whole offense to exploit that ability.

Edzachary.. he needs to be on the field all time to be effective. The Jests completely miss-used him, everybody knows when they bring him in it's a run. But they can't make him the starter now because of all the hoopla that will ensue if he wins the last two games. I have nothing against the guy, he is not a very good NFL player so far but he does help win games when he is the leader of the team. I hope he gets more of a fair shot than he did with the Jests... I just don't want to see him in a Pats uniform.

Bull****. Tebow isn't a good QB. A good footballer with an iron will? Perhaps. It's been discussed at length.

And the people who swore he couldn't play in the NFL were shown to be wrong.

You're forwarding a position to make yourself look above reproach and sit a top some moral high ground. You don't have any authority to make such a comment about Tebow detractors.

1.) I'm not forwarding to any position about Tebow, beyond the obvious, which is that he's clearly shown himself capable of winning football games in the NFL, and of taking his team to the playoffs, under the right circumstances.

2.) Of course I have the authority to make such a comment about the Tebow detractors I described. They're bigots, nothing more, and they've demonstrated that repeatedly.

Last edited:
Maybe he does have them? We know he has the skills to gain yards on the ground once he has the ball.

No sane person wants him as a QB.

No sane person wants to pay him a lot of money, because there are huge unknowns.

No sane team would trade for him.

For years I have looked at this guy like a Mike Alstott, but stronger and maybe quite a bit faster.

If he were a free agent, if he signed on the cheap, and only if he gave up the QB dream would I ever consider it. But if all of those conditions were met, then why not?

I couldn't disagree with this more.

Tebow led a team to the playoffs as a QB. You cannot do that by accident. This by no means makes him a HOFer, but it does mean he's probably better than half the QBs in the league. That the Jets coaching staff is unwilling to come up with a stable offense that suits him is by no means an indication that he "can't play quarterback." He obviously can, there's plenty of QBs that couldn't have led that team to a playoff birth... (As an obvious example, the QB he replaced!)

Tebow's image is a major problem, and that may be the ultimate problem he's not able to overcome. It's weird because the perception is he "can't play quarterback" while the evidence to this is to the contrary...

And the people who swore he couldn't play in the NFL were shown to be wrong.

1.) I'm not forwarding to any position about Tebow, beyond the obvious, which is that he's clearly shown himself capable of winning football games in the NFL, and of taking his team to the playoffs, under the right circumstances.

2.) Of course I have the authority to make such a comment about the Tebow detractors I described. They're bigots, nothing more, and they've demonstrated that repeatedly.
You really are full of yourself and blatantly wrong on many subjects. It ruins the very good material you do post.

Derek Anderson went 10-6 in 2007. Should I believe he is a proficient QB because of one season?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back