PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFP: Pats possible in the market for backup QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound the panic alarm cause I think 12 is gonna be OK but anyone else think, given the moderate statistical success he had behind a horrid line in KC last year running the spread that Thigpen might be worth a look? I know they were 2-14 or whatever, but they lost a LOT of close games.

We can give Kansas City their #2 pick back for Thigpen.

We can give Kansas City their #2 pick back for Thigpen.

Umm.. the pats used the #2 to take Butler..

If the Pats were to go for someone, I'd go for Huard who is in San Fran.

that being said, I don't see the Pats looking for a QB.

No.........
That pick went for Chung

Not to sound the panic alarm cause I think 12 is gonna be OK but anyone else think, given the moderate statistical success he had behind a horrid line in KC last year running the spread that Thigpen might be worth a look? I know they were 2-14 or whatever, but they lost a LOT of close games.

The Chiefs picked up Gutierrez as competition for Thigpen. Cassel and Croyle are the #1 and 2,

pats arent looking for no QB! media just want something to blow out of proportion. brady will be back and playing next week for atleast a quarter.

For what it's worth, this from National Football Post today:

Biggs: Patriots could be in the market for a backup QB | National Football Post

Doesn't sound likely to me. I'm guessing we go with Walter as #2 and O'Connell as our #3 QB.
Mayo, Here is a thought. BB is always looking for players that have played well against the Pats. I think A.J. Feeley has performed well against us. How about A.J. Feeley from Philly? They have Vick and Kolb. They need a TE (Watson appears to be low man and last year of contract).

Just saying I think he is better than what we have right now.
DW Toys

Mayo, Here is a thought. BB is always looking for players that have played well against the Pats. I think A.J. Feeley has performed well against us. How about A.J. Feeley from Philly? They have Vick and Kolb. They need a TE (Watson appears to be low man and last year of contract).

Just saying I think he is better than what we have right now.
DW Toys

I personally like that thought. I like Feeley as a backup to Brady better than McCown or Thigpen, and better than either Walter or O'Connell (at this stage). How about we trade Alex Smith for him? :D

I was just being a pain in the butt suggesting the Patriots over pay

for Thigpen by giving Kansas City one of the 2010 #2s. K.C. wants

a #3 for Thigpen.

Last edited:
O'Con #2, Walter to shadow roster.
th_coffee.gif

I was just being a pain in the butt suggesting the Patriots over pay

for Thigpen by giving Kansas City one of the 2010 #2s. K.C. wants

a #3 for Thigpen.

Why would we trade for someone that's going to be beat out for the job by the guy we cut?

Why trade viable commodities like a draft pick, or a starting caliber player, for a back up QB that is likely to be waived anyway? One or a couple of the Guittuirez, Thigpen, Feeley, Huard, etc group is going to be released. Just wait and pick one up for nothing.

I'm not buying, especially this part:

Minnesota figures to unload a quarterback when it’s all settled there. . . . Both the Patriots and the Packers were linked to Michael Vick before he landed in Philadelphia.

(A) The Patriots would not use Vick as a "pure" QB, period.

(B) BB would sooner start Jake Ingram at QB than give Brad Childress a draft pick for one of his castoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back