PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little bit concerned about the Southern District NY filing.

I'm wondering if the fact that virtually every NFLPA case has been filed in Minnesota over the last 30 years or so, and the NFL has never done this before will even come up.

Likely not, but I can't see a Federal Judge in Manhattan is going to allow the case to be heard there.

On the off chance he does? The NFLPA could do worse than a Manhattan Clinton-Appointee Pro-Labor Judge.

It's a clear attempt at forum shopping, and there's a lot of anchoring to the Peterson case in the NFLPA suit, so common sense would indicate the case heads to Minnesota. Of course, this is the U.S. legal system, where common sense is routinely ignored.

#1 "Deflator"
#2 "Deflator"
#3 "Deflator"
#4 "Hurr durr wordz r hard."
Per the filing, even if Brady was aware, Law of the Shop precedent precludes NFL action.

I'm a little bit concerned about the Southern District NY filing.

I'm wondering if the fact that virtually every NFLPA case has been filed in Minnesota over the last 30 years or so, and the NFL has never done this before will even come up.

Likely not, but I can't see a Federal Judge in Manhattan is going to allow the case to be heard there.

On the off chance he does? The NFLPA could do worse than a Manhattan Clinton-Appointee Pro-Labor Judge.

I was wondering if that was why it was listed in the NFLPA filing they went into detail in the "Jurisdiction and Venue" section that the NFL headquarters is in NY etc etc...

I am speechless. I mean did Goodell and his hot shot staff not think Brady was going to take this to court and tear his "independent investigation" to shreads? Also, the owners are paying him 40MILLION DOLLARS and he can't interpret the CBA? I mean it is pretty clear according to this report that the maximum punishment, if found guilty of tampering with equipment, is a fine.

That is the sticking point. Roger Goodell if a goofball and was paid a ton of money to understand the cba as it was written and approved as well be able to understand both sides from the players,teams and himself. You know Nothing Roger. Kessler who is a full time lawyer that occasionally takes on NFL cases knows more about the cba then you do. You are full time commissioner
and committed at least 8 cba violations.

So even if it is proven that he knew about the deflation he or team should have been fined for an equipment violation and Brady could have been fined 50K for non cooperation as Favre was.
Not even.

He was never made aware that not turning over his physical phone could result in suspension, which violates the Law of the Shop. Troy Vincent wasn't allowed to hand out any punishment for non-cooperation, because that right is exclusive to Roger Goodell. This violates the CBA.

I was wondering if that was why it was listed in the NFLPA filing they went into detail in the "Jurisdiction and Venue" section that the NFL headquarters is in NY etc etc...
Well, that was to certify that the NFLPA had standing to file in Minnesota. Maybe it did.

He could have summed up his writing in one sentence:

The NFL **** all over the CBA, and wiped its ass with U.S. labor law.

That is what they wrote in a nut shell. haha

Well, that was to certify that the NFLPA had standing to file in Minnesota. Maybe it did.

I wondered if they listed all parties and locations as a foundation for an argument for an impartial venue.

I wondered if they listed all parties and locations as a foundation for an argument for an impartial venue.

Or, like I've been wondering. Does the NFL really have any standing to file in a labor case in Manhattan, when exactly 0 of their employees covered by the CBA work there?

This has not been about PSI for a long time. It's about power and corruption in the NFL office. I hope that Bob Kraft has some Micheal Corleone in him and, over time, takes out all of Goodell's underlings who seem to be running him.

WOW! What a read that was!

There is no way this will be thrown out, and if it goes before a federal judge there are 5 direct cases of previously set precedent that each individually warrant the "Award" by Goodell to be vacated.

The "destroying" of the phone headlines were 100% a red herring to whip the drooling masses into a frenzy to take focus off of the FACTS. After reading this, I feel very confident that they'll squash this ******** suspension and subsequent "arbitration" which was literally just a dog and pony show.

Not even.

He was never made aware that not turning over his physical phone could result in suspension, which violates the Law of the Shop. Troy Vincent wasn't allowed to hand out any punishment for non-cooperation, because that right is exclusive to Roger Goodell. This violates the CBA.

Haha, That's right. There are a lot of angles to this. Can't wait to see the NFL's response to this.

Just finished. Loved it.
Haha, That's right. There are a lot of angles to this. Can't wait to see the NFL's response to this.
We saw their response yesterday. In the courts now. Looking at even the NY judge he seems ok but it does belong in the other court as it hammers home so many points from the Peterson case. Both filed same day.

Just finished. Loved it.

We saw their response yesterday. In the courts now. Looking at even the NY judge he seems ok but it does belong in the other court as it hammers home so many points from the Peterson case. Both filed same day.

But do they have to respond to the Minnesota filing? And vice versa?

Text Messages!

-NFL

"Deflator! Destroyphone! Hurr Durr Wordz THEYDIDSOMETHING! Should give up because I don't wanna talk about it anymore!"

-Boston Sports Media

And today, we can add "Brady is a liar" to that group of fun.

I liked this from McCann:

Michael McCann ‏@McCannSportsLaw Jul 28
If NFL is wrong about Brady destroying his cell phone, it would likely be defamation per se. Even as public figure, Brady could win lawsuit.

"Deflator! Destroyphone! Hurr Durr Wordz THEYDIDSOMETHING! Should give up because I don't wanna talk about it anymore!"

-Boston Sports Media

And today, we can add "Brady is a liar" to that group of fun.

Felger wouldn't call Brady a liar even though he says doesn't believe what Brady says. Said he's not calling him a liar. Then what is he?

Loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand