PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

If not handing over your phone is "conduct detrimental" then why wasn't Roger Goodell suspended for not handing over his during the Mueller investigation into his incompetence?

Surely non-cooperation by the commissioner is a bigger slight to the image of the league than a QB protected by a CBA on the issue?

There's so many holes in the NFL's case here it'd make a good sieve.

How likely is it that a judge would vacate the punishment? Is this just an obligatory step like when a defendant asks a judge to dismiss charges (which they hardly ever do?)

I "read" all 54 pages.. looks good to me!

o_O

Reading through it.

Holy crap does Kessler pound the crap out of Peterson v. NFL.

I guess this is why sports mediots and disbarred private citizens are not lawyers.

Not only does Kessler cite Peterson a lot, he absolutely brings up the merits of the "Wells-Pash Investigation" (hee), along with the dozens of problems with the punishment to begin with.

It's worth it, it's a good read.

Wow that was awesome!

Reading through it.

Holy crap does Kessler pound the crap out of Peterson v. NFL.

I guess this is why sports mediots and disbarred private citizens are not lawyers.

Not only does Kessler cite Peterson a lot, he absolutely brings up the merits of the "Wells-Pash Investigation" (hee), along with the dozens of problems with the punishment to begin with.

It's worth it, it's a good read.
Can you provide condensed cliff notes. My brain can only handle so much legalese :D.

I thought petitions were supposed to be four pages, hastily filed by the neutral arbitrator who is independently over seeing the contested decision in order to ensure favorable jurisdiction, and without a signature.

Good read - I like the part where Goodell and Co. are exposed as true douche bags.

I know more about law of shop than I ever cared to know before ... ;)

Experts have said it will b e an uphill climb for the NFLPA ....

To me ... joe average fan ... looks like the NFLPA is just on the edge of the red zone ... 20 1/2 yard line.

lot of talk about not telling Brady the possible consequences(suspension) of not handing over his phone

Any "vindication-seekers" should bear in mind that this suit is about limiting Goodell*'s tyrannical reign of error vis a vis players.

However, since his arbitrary punishments, lack of notice, shifting penalties, and holding players responsible for rules that apply to clubs, are the focus.... and,

...since the suit also cites his mistakes in Peterson and Bounty...

A win in this case calls into question his behavior in all personnel cases. By nature, the NFLPA only calls into question the actions of the League* against its employees, that is, its players - not the actions vis a vis clubs.

A win for Brady, however, casts a shadow over other penalties handed out at the club level by the Goodell* gang.

We all believe that Kraft is an opportunist following his financial interests. Fine. We all believe the ship has sailed on the draft picks, because who else has standing to challenge the draft pick confiscations, given the antitrust exemption? The crime there is basically collusion to selectively take down a franchise but who can bring the charge?

Sorry, I don't know legal stuff. But it seems we'll get a steady drip drip drip of "Goodell* is full of ****" in this suit. If that's the case, and if the player demonstration of this thesis rests in large part on the "independence" and the content of the Wells-Pash "Report," and if the Wells-Pash Report gets roundly lambasted in the court...

How do the draft picks stay upheld? You'd think there'd be a remedy, but I suppose since Kraft had to make his move within a certain time frame... the recourse might have gone *poof* already.

lot of talk about not telling Brady the possible consequences(suspension) of not handing over his phone

I noticed this as well. There were several well thought out points like this throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots