PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It mentioned in the brief they will be filing either an injunction shortly or a motion for a quick judgement.

I believe they filed for a quick ruling, as they may be saving the injunction attempt in case they need to appeal. After all, that seems to be in the rough timeframe which would occur at the end of the month.

It's possible that they are also trying to show a good faith attempt at working things out, which may hope to be viewed favorably by the judge. As we know, he strongly encouraged it.

I'm sure we'll have some attorneys chiming in with their thoughts on the matter.

That was a long read. I can't imagine a world where it doesn't get vacated. I can't see the NFL rebutting each and every point to get it to stick.

For example:

152. Further, prior to serving as hearing officer, the Commissioner publicly
lauded the reliability of the Wells Report-the issue at the very heart of Brady's appeal:
I want to express my appreciation to Ted Wells and his
colleagues for performing a thorough and independent
investigation, the findings and conclusions of which are set
forth in today's comprehensive report.
NFLPA Ex. 157 at 7 (citation omitted). Goodell's choice to make these public comments
locked him into supporting the Wells Report and rendered him incapable of reaching a
contrary conclusion in Brady's appeal" as doing so would undermine his own competency
as Commissioner. The Award itself proves this point-it is just a recycling of the
conclusions ofthe Wells Report as though the arbitration hearing never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST