PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the Pats win the SB this year with Brady?

Not sure, I know Brady made players a whole lot better, so we could be watching a way better team. Superbowls are hard to win, but I watched 2006, I watched 2001 and I saw Brady take those teams far when he had no business doing so. With that, trting to compare what Brady would do with a team based on what Mac is doing is not really going to give much info because Mac is not a pimple on Brady's ass.

This OL would get Brady killed.
Brady makes olines better, always has. Here is facts.

Tom Brady has great offensive lines.”

That narrative ignores how pressure can be a quarterback’s fault.

Patriots:
2007: 21 sacks [5th]
2008: 48 sacks [28th]
2009: 18 sacks [3rd]

Buccaneers:
2019: 47 sacks [22nd]
2020: 21 sacks [4th]

Sacks more than doubled without Brady.

Peak Brady could bring these Pats to the conference finals but then lose.

46 year old Brady is like 45 and 42 year old Brady. He can't overcome a bad offensive line without a great tight end and a great receiving back. Could still make it to playoff but one and done.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: TBR
Peak Brady could bring these Pats to the conference finals but then lose.

46 year old Brady is like 45 and 42 year old Brady. He can't overcome a bad offensive line without a great tight end and a great receiving back. Could still make it to playoff but one and done.
Probably about right. I remember years when the receiving corp was full of undrafted rookies and things like that and he makes olines better, always has. I mean he would not be happy, but he would damn sure try and he would not throw the team under the bus.

Put Mac Jones in the 2011 Patriots and all of his sycophants would be saying “Tom couldn’t even bring this defense to a superbowl.” Put Mac Jones on the injury depleted 2013 Patriots and all of his sycophants would argue, “Not even Tom could bring this team to the AFC Championship game.”

I see an AFC Championship game loss to Chiefs this year followed by media/Pats “fans” saying Tom choked and it’s incredible how far Billz coaching carried them.

With 2016 Brady, I'd say 33% of winning.

In any given year even at Brady's peak it was 33% of winning, and although this group doesn't have the talent of 2003-2004 or 2014-2016, they are as talented as 2017-2018. Maybe not at the receiver spots but elsewhere they are more talented than they were back in those years (RB, DE, DT, LB, CB and S).

Those saying NOT WITH THIS OL should remember 2 of the guys on it were Brady's LT and Center. Onwenu at RG is an upgrade over Shaq (who couldn't pass block but was an excellent run blocker). The loss of Thuney would be massive though.

With 2016 Brady, I'd say 33% of winning.

In any given year even at Brady's peak it was 33% of winning, and although this group doesn't have the talent of 2003-2004 or 2014-2016, they are as talented as 2017-2018. Maybe not at the receiver spots but elsewhere they are more talented than they were back in those years (RB, DE, DT, LB, CB and S).

Those saying NOT WITH THIS OL should remember 2 of the guys on it were Brady's LT and Center. Onwenu at RG is an upgrade over Shaq (who couldn't pass block but was an excellent run blocker). The loss of Thuney would be massive though.
Were LT and C the players who were missing in 2019 due to injury, along with every FB on the roster? They didn't have any TEs either and Kraft dumped their best WR for PR. And the loss of Thuney IS massive.

A man that can rally his teammates to come back 28-3 with one quarter remaining in the Super Bowl can do anything.

Reactions: sb1
I know for sure that they beat Philadelphia, Miami, and the Raiders with him.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3