PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I is the deflator weight loss lesson. One weak thing (even if true) is what the haters will focus on
That would be my guess. They'll say that the PA went in depth about the flaws of the Report but fail to mention things they've latched onto for months.

"They didn't address 'the deflator' text"

Unless I missed it, the only thing that's not in here is the Mortensen leak and the NFL's failure to correct it (and reportedly barring NE from doing so).

I heard that over at Felgers house he kicked the wife unit out and they are having a NFLPA suit pajama party complete with juice boxes and crayons. A list of those attending are Bertrand, Cuff, Mazz, Jimmy Stewert, Volin, Tomase and others. Not invited with an express take your crayons and go home include Reiss, Curran and Giardi. They apparently asked Steph Stradley to join them, and she told them to f-off.
Felger won't read it on principle, Spazz will be confused by page 2.

Unless I missed it, the only thing that's not in here is the Mortensen leak and the NFL's failure to correct it (and reportedly barring NE from doing so).
I am catching up right now after being at the movies and it is in the Kraft quoted text on page 11. It seems to me Kraft is working hand in hand with Brady's legal folks and effectively an NFL owner/partner is in here trashing the NFL.

I am catching up right now after being at the movies and it is in the Kraft quoted text on page 11. It seems to me Kraft is working hand in hand with Brady's legal folks and effectively an NFL owner/partner is in here trashing the NFL.

It seems that Kraft saw the light. We shall see what his actions are, but I think he's gonna push to get the hypocrisy out into the light and in turn embarrass those other owners who have turned on him. I'm wondering if BB had a part in this too. He wants his pound of NFL office flesh as well.

McCann from SI had odds on Brady getting injunction at 60-40 before NFLPA brief. Wonder what he thinks now?

I think Brady has a good case for a preliminary injunction - they are not that difficult to get (despite what that ****** lester munson thinks). All Brady has to show is irreparable harm, which is easy considering that if he serves the suspension the pats could lose 4 games. Now, actually getting the suspension overturned (or a permanent injunction) is another story.

Oh it gets worse.
NFLPA asked to have Pash compelled to testify (precedent says every NFL employee can be compelled to testify in an appeal)
Goodell denied the request and did not allow Pash to be questioned.

I am speechless. I mean did Goodell and his hot shot staff not think Brady was going to take this to court and tear his "independent investigation" to shreads? Also, the owners are paying him 40MILLION DOLLARS and he can't interpret the CBA? I mean it is pretty clear according to this report that the maximum punishment, if found guilty of tampering with equipment, is a fine.

I'm surprised that Gostowski not being punished for not cooperating with handing over his phone wasn't in the brief. Seemed like a great point to bring up.

I think it also said that first time equipment violations is like a $8500 fine. That would be an amazing reduction.

Many great points in the brief but I must have missed the part of an immediate injunction against the suspension until a trial date has been set. Maybe that comes later?
It's right on the first or second page.

wonder if Kraft authorized his statement in the letter?

Wow that was awesome!

I, too, read all 54 pages. If this doesn't make vacating the suspension a slam dunk, I don't know what would.

Everything in the motion was solidly backed up with facts that make (almost?) every assertion impossible to deny. There can be no denying that the NFL committed all these procedural (and other) mistakes and that even committing one of these mistakes puts the punishment at risk.

Kessler has a colorful way with his writings....

Why isn't "Better call Kessler" a series yet?

Just remember that people will be looking for the holes in the NFLPA filing, too. Bertrand will probably be up all night trying to find every one of them.
#1 "Deflator"
#2 "Deflator"
#3 "Deflator"
#4 "Hurr durr wordz r hard."

I'm a little bit concerned about the Southern District NY filing.

I'm wondering if the fact that virtually every NFLPA case has been filed in Minnesota over the last 30 years or so, and the NFL has never done this before will even come up.

Likely not, but I can't see a Federal Judge in Manhattan is going to allow the case to be heard there.

On the off chance he does? The NFLPA could do worse than a Manhattan Clinton-Appointee Pro-Labor Judge.

Whenever he has a block, I'm sure he just unpauses whichever episode of the Three Stooges he has running in the background. Easy to compare Moe, Larry and Curly to Goodell, Pash and Wells. After watching for a minute, inspiration flows.

That would be my guess. They'll say that the PA went in depth about the flaws of the Report but fail to mention things they've latched onto for months.

"They didn't address 'the deflator' text"

It looks like the beauty of this filing is that the "deflator" text doesn't matter. They are arguing among other things that: 1. Brady was unaware so how would he know about the Deflator text 2. That he was unprecedentedly punished. 3. The process in which he was punished was flawed. i.e Roger was the arbitrator and punisher. 4. That the whole process did not follow the "Law of the shop" precedence. etc....

So even if it is proven that he knew about the deflation he or team should have been fined for an equipment violation and Brady could have been fined 50K for non cooperation as Favre was.

He put Kraft's announcement from this morning in the filing so although Mortenson's name is not in there the reported leaks are.

Favorite so far 108 "Vincent apparently chose not to apply the Player Policies to Brady because a fine would not have quenched other NFL owners' thirst for a more draconian penalty"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST