PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Total Access: 5 Best Players in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did this insane Rats troll get permission to even post in threads here?

That's a great question- man, we've been outright overrun these past couple weeks. At least they'll all be gone by week 7.

Haloti Ngata, is a top 5 player in the whole NFL ? realy 180 tackels 6 sacks 1 pro bowl and 0 rings in 4 years in the NFL and he's top 5 lol

seymour, had 200 tackels 22 sacks 3 pro bowls and 3 rings he's first 4 years in the NFL and he was never talked about as being a top 5 player in the whole NFL

im i missing something did the talent level go down in the NFL or is the guy that made this list just off he's rocker.

Haloti Ngata, is a top 5 player in the whole NFL ? realy 180 tackels 6 sacks 1 pro bowl and 0 rings in 4 years in the NFL and he's top 5 lol

seymour, had 200 tackels 22 sacks 3 pro bowls and 3 rings he's first 4 years in the NFL and he was never talked about as being a top 5 player in the whole NFL

im i missing something did the talent level go down in the NFL or is the guy that made this list just off he's rocker.

Maybe they have learned from their mistakes? Ngata is a true beast. Has played 3-4 end and 3-4 NT at a true All pro level.

While i love Ngata, he wouldn't make my top 5. I'm basing this on what I've seen the last 2 seasons.

5. Brees
4. Revis
3. Polamalu
2. Manning
1. Ware

If this, were 2 years ago, replace Polamalu and Brees with Brady and Reed. And maybe change the order around.

Wes Welker isn't even a top 5 wide receiver.

Moss
Johnson
Fitzgerald
Marshall
V. Jackson

No? So great stats, a good work ethic, great at crunch time, and some of the most sure hands doesnt make you a top 5 wr? Weird.

I'd be a fool not to.

So if someone doesn't agree with you they're stupid? I guess we could compare how they each performed in the playoffs this season but nah, we can just chug Kool-Aid instead.

According to Brian Baldinger:

5. Haloti Ngata
4. Drew Brees
3. Chris Johnson
2. Peyton Manning
1. Darrelle Revis

I just saw it, no link. Thoughts?

Wow! Ngata, Brees, Johnson and Revis are all going to Canton with Peyton, Favre and Tommy! Better build a new wing!

Darrelle Revis is so good he should have his own list

Darrelle Revis should have his own Hall of Fame.
Darrelle Revis should have his own salary cap.
Darrelle Revis should have his own stadium.
The Jets D should be called Darrelle Revis and 10 other guys
Darrelle Revis won't just win the MVP, theMVP should be named after him.

The Jets are ripping Darrelle Revis off by paying him as if he is just another football player. They should do for him what Miami Heat is doing for their big 3 - give him the entire salary cap except what they need to sign 44 other guys to minimum salaries. Anything less is disrespectful to Darrelle Revis. The Commish should investigate. Congress should investigate. The UN should investigate as a human rights abuse case.

Would you seriously pick Brady over Brees if your life depended on your team winning?

Brady's career winning percentage is something like 76%. Anyone with a brain should pick Brady if their life depended on it.

So if someone doesn't agree with you they're stupid? I guess we could compare how they each performed in the playoffs this season but nah, we can just chug Kool-Aid instead.

We should also compare their two teams. Brees' was absolutely loaded with talent in the passing game. Brady's was not. Brees was fully healthy with no lingering injury the year before. Brady was not. Brees faced above average passing defense competition. Brady faced more of the best passing defenses in the league than anyone has in years.

I guess whoever was the quarterback on the last winning superbowl team should automatically be listed in the top 5 best players in the league. That's genius. :p

I'd probably throw Pat Willis on the list at #5. Dude's a hoss.

This list is stupid. How can you not have a QB as the best player in the league. Everyone agrees that they are the most important piece of the team.

I really don't think you can say who the best "player" in the league is since each position requires its own different skill set. You could make a list of best athlete, or postional player but trying to compare a DB to a QB for best player is kind of a stretch. Peyton isn't the best athlete but I'm sure the Jets would trade Revis straight up for him.

I guess if I had to give a best "player" award it'd have to go to Cromartie. I mean he's what 25, has 7 kids by 6 different women, in 5 different states. Now thats a "player".

I would keep Revis on my list. He outperformed the other CBs in the NFL by a greater margin than any other NFL player at any other position. There's a statistical analysis of it done by football outsiders (the link was up here a couple weeks ago). As far as I'm concerned, unless your a punter or a fullback, that gets you on the list.

Brees can't be argued either. He's been putting up the numbers for 6 years and now he has a ring and a Super Bowl MVP.

I'd pick Brady over Chris Johnson. Brady is simply of greater impact to his team than Johnson is. Johnson might be #6 or 7, but the league's great QBs have to come first.

I'm not sold on Ngata though, I'd go with a pass rusher, either Demarcus Ware or Jared Allen.

Woodson.jpg

If Revis was so uber awesome last year why did Charles Woodson take home the DPOY then? Probably because Woodson was adjudged the best defensive player in the league and by some distance. Given that Champ Bailey had a better year a few seasons back than Revis did in 2009, the fuss that is made over his talent is becoming spew worthy.

As good as Revis is some people need to take the blinkers off.. seriously. Woodson was awesome last year.

Last edited:
Woodson.jpg

If Revis was so uber awesome last year why did Charles Woodson take home the DPOY then? Probably because Woodson was adjudged the best defensive player in the league and by some distance. Given that Champ Bailey had a better year a few seasons back than Revis did in 2009, the fuss that is made over his talent is becoming spew worthy.

As good as Revis is some people need to take the blinkers off.. seriously. Woodson was awesome last year.

Because the sports media is stupid.

I don't even have Ngata as a top-5 DT overall, much less top-5 regardless of position. List is complete fail.

I'd have Brees as the top QB and probably #1 altogether. Not sure how Manning is ahead of him after Brees outplayed him in the SB with what I feel is less talent around him. Having a CB as THE best player in the league [especially the way the league/rules are now] is suspect, I think it should be Brees followed by Manning.

Hopefully this year Brady's back to his normal self and in the discussion.

I don't even have Ngata as a top-5 DT overall, much less top-5 regardless of position. List is complete fail.

Well, I believe Ngata plays DE mostly in the Raven's defense, but regardless. He's a top 5 DL in the league, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News