PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what confuses me here--Bennett is the top tight end on the market and he's gonna want to get paid. Why are we even entertaining the thought of signing him? He's not going to sign to be a backup tight end.

He's an irritating personality that Belichick would probably not want to put up with, but that's neither here nor there because he's not signing to play second fiddle.

He's not on the market he would have to be released, and my only comment about it was that the Bears were likely to cut him and that the Patriots should take a look at him. If he doesn't want to be the 2TE and wants too much then don't sign him but he's a good player and worth looking at.

I had no idea of any of Bennets antics but any one of them would be a disqualifier for BB.

Was reading Management Secrets of the NEP (great book, incredible author) and in 03 I believe he kicked someone off the team for throwing hot water on a roommate as a prank, no way he would put up any of this blatant ****.

Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, and Bryan Cox all had far worse behavior and Belichick welcomed them with open arms.

If you don't think that these are traits that would not only turn Belichick off, but basically point to the "anti-Patriot way," then I don't know what else to say.

You can attempt to minimize the fact that he does everything opposite of what we look for in terms of keeping your mouth shut, being a good locker room leader, staying humble, developing good chemistry with coaches and players, not complaining, not holding out, etc, but most people know what Martellus Bennett brings to their team. If you think someone like him would make sense, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Not sure why you would single out "rolling his eyes," as you obviously get the general idea of what he's about. When a rookie comes in and openly mocks his coaches and teammates with hand gestures, schoolgirl giggling, and multiple obvious eye rolls in front of the HBO cameras, it's generally not seen as a positive. Considering the fact that he's going on his 4th team now and that no one has wanted to put up with his ********, I think it's safe to say that I may be onto something....

I singled out "rolling his eyes" because there isn't any person on the planet who has not ever done it. You can dislike him all you want but there isn't a serious charge in that list. As I said SUP you are completely entitled to your standards but if that's the bar then there are going to be a lot of players who don't qualify to come here, and everyone that has actually been suspended by the league or arrested would be off the list because Bennett has never had either.

As far as looking at players goes I don't pretend to know what Belichick will or won't do but I do know he has taken plenty of guys with worse track records.

Sounds like our old pal Cromartie is out of a job!

what sort of poetic justice could was cause by taking a jet CB and winning a second title with them

what sort of poetic justice could was cause by taking a jet CB and winning a second title with them
Only problem with that idea is Cromartie flat out sucks

This isn't 2007 Cromartie, unfortunately.

Or even Cromartie from his days in Arizona, where he was rather decent. He seemed to really fall off last year. Combine that with his history with us and it equals a very very weak fit.

Would rather re up Brown.

Or even Cromartie from his days in Arizona, where he was rather decent. He seemed to really fall off last year. Combine that with his history with us and it equals a very very weak fit.

Cromartie could probably cover Owen Daniels or equivalent. That is worth something that Brown will not do. Doubt Antonio fits due to money and personality, but I think it is a need.

Cromartie could probably cover Owen Daniels or equivalent. That is worth something that Brown will not do. Doubt Antonio fits due to money and personality, but I think it is a need.
Meh, Owen Daniels was because of miscommunication.

I believe you are thinking of Dominique Rogers-Cromartie.

What's the over/under for how long before Cromartie is Tweeting Mark Zuckerberg to invest in him? I say three months.

Nice sentiment except that Cromartie doesn't tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes