PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro mocks thread

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With all the pressure on WRs, I can't imagine Johnston making it out of the top 10, never mind #46.

With all the pressure on WRs, I can't imagine Johnston making it out of the top 10, never mind #46.
Yeah, Chad’s probably looking at some data from october. He really needs to update his stuff before he embarrasses himself more.

Yeah, Chad’s probably looking at some data from october. He really needs to update his stuff before he embarrasses himself more.
If the guy kills it at the combine, he will be top 5.

Chad Graff at The Athletic:

1. Jordan Addison, WR, USC
2. Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
3. McClendon Curtis, OT, Chattanooga
4a. A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest
4b. K.J. Henry, Edge, Clemson
4c. Jonah Tavai, DL, San Diego State
6a. DeMarcco Hellams, S, Alabama
6b. McCallan Castles, TE, UC Davis
6c. Jake Bobo, WR, UCLA
6d. Darrell Luter Jr., CB, South Alabama
7. Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepherd University

walter football, 3 round mock

14. Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State Ohio State
The Patriots need offensive line help, but they also could stand to address their pedestrian receiving corps.
Jaxon Smith-Njigba has incredible speed and athleticism. He had a huge 2021 campaign, which included a terrific Rose Bowl performance.

46. Quan Martin, CB/S, Illinois Illinois
Bill Belichick loves his versatile defensive backs. He'll need one with Devin McCourty nearing retirement.

76. Nick Broeker, OT/G, Ole Miss
The Patriots have some major offensive line issues that must be addressed, so they could double up in this area.
Nick Broeker may have to switch to guard in the NFL.

It certainly isn't the prettiest of the mock drafts available... Walter football used to be better

I believe I read last year that they have the highest accuracy rate on their mock though. Which surprised me, because I think their scouting reports have been lacking for the past 5 or so years

Michael Renner of PFF has us picking Safety Brian Branch at 14 !!.....he maybe a good player but I would not pick a safety before OT or CB

Michael Renner of PFF has us picking Safety Brian Branch at 14 !!.....he maybe a good player but I would not pick a safety before OT or CB
The mocks I have read show them getting WR1 types, not that I trust Bill to do that. The safer picks are the positions you mention.

I believe I read last year that they have the highest accuracy rate on their mock though. Which surprised me, because I think their scouting reports have been lacking for the past 5 or so years
That could be...

From the same web site, this is Charlie Campbells most recent mock for the Pats, which is really heavy on the OT position, with him seeing us take two tackles in the top two draft picks... That might be what is needed, but i think there has to be a better value skill position players available... and i had never heard of the DT he suggests in the third round... but that shouldn't be earth shattering news as I don't particularly follow college football

14. Paris Johnson, OT/G, Ohio State
The Patriots have Isaiah Wynn hitting free agency and could use more tackle help. The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Johnson has an excellent skill set with size, quickness and athleticism. He was superb for Buckeyes in 2022, not allowing a sack and manning the blind side for C.J. Stroud. Johnson started at guard in 2021, but he moved to tackle as an upperclassmen. Johnson has lot of upside to improve as he gains additional experience.

46. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
The Patriots could use more offensive line talent, and that will be a big need if Isaiah Wynn departs in free agency. Harrison (6-5, 309) was an impressive left tackle for the Sooners over his career. He has quality size with good athleticism and quickness, but lacks physicality and is a finesse blocker. Harrison broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and held down the left tackle spot afterward. Thanks to his good skill set, Harrison could rise into being a sought-after early-rounder.

76. Gervon Dexter, DT, Florida
The Patriots could use more options on their defensive line. Dexter recorded 55 tackles, two sacks, one pass batted and an interception in 2022. Team sources like his skill set and upside, but they also feel Dexter's tape is inconsistent. They believe he has some real boom-or-bust potential. The 6-foot-6, 308-pounder flashed in 2020 with 19 tackles and an interception before breaking out in 2021 with 50 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a pass batted. While Dexter is strong and powerful as a run defender, he has the speed and athleticism to become a more potent pass rusher.

That could be...

From the same web site, this is Charlie Campbells most recent mock for the Pats, which is really heavy on the OT position, with him seeing us take two tackles in the top two draft picks... That might be what is needed, but i think there has to be a better value skill position players available... and i had never heard of the DT he suggests in the third round... but that shouldn't be earth shattering news as I don't particularly follow college football

14. Paris Johnson, OT/G, Ohio State
The Patriots have Isaiah Wynn hitting free agency and could use more tackle help. The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Johnson has an excellent skill set with size, quickness and athleticism. He was superb for Buckeyes in 2022, not allowing a sack and manning the blind side for C.J. Stroud. Johnson started at guard in 2021, but he moved to tackle as an upperclassmen. Johnson has lot of upside to improve as he gains additional experience.

46. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
The Patriots could use more offensive line talent, and that will be a big need if Isaiah Wynn departs in free agency. Harrison (6-5, 309) was an impressive left tackle for the Sooners over his career. He has quality size with good athleticism and quickness, but lacks physicality and is a finesse blocker. Harrison broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and held down the left tackle spot afterward. Thanks to his good skill set, Harrison could rise into being a sought-after early-rounder.

76. Gervon Dexter, DT, Florida
The Patriots could use more options on their defensive line. Dexter recorded 55 tackles, two sacks, one pass batted and an interception in 2022. Team sources like his skill set and upside, but they also feel Dexter's tape is inconsistent. They believe he has some real boom-or-bust potential. The 6-foot-6, 308-pounder flashed in 2020 with 19 tackles and an interception before breaking out in 2021 with 50 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a pass batted. While Dexter is strong and powerful as a run defender, he has the speed and athleticism to become a more potent pass rusher.
Certainly not a sexy draft, but fills basic needs.. depends of what they do in free agency.

1. Jordan Addison, WR, USC
2. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
3. Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford
4a. Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford
4b. Dylan Horton, EDGE, TCU
4c. Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama
6a. Kaevon Merriweather, DB, Iowa
6b. T.J. Bass, OL, Oregon
6c. Isaiah Land, LB/EDGE, Florida A&M
6d. Nesta Jade Silvera, DL, Arizona State
7. Travis Dye, RB, USC

1. Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
2. Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford
3. Jammie Robinson, SAF, Florida State
4a. Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
4b. Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia
4c. Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
6a. Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
6b. Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama
6c. Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
6d. Evan Hull. RB, Northwestern
7. SirVocea Dennis, LB, Pittsburgh

Hmmm. This might be my favorite seven-rounder so far.

1. OT, Broderick Jones, Georgia
2. WR, Rashee Rice, SMU
3. CB, Kyu Blu Kelly, Stanford
4a. TE, Sam LaPorta, Iowa
4b. WR, Marvin Mims Jr., Oklahoma
4c. C, Olusegun Oluwatimi, Michigan
6a. LB, Dee Winters, TCU
6b. S, DeMarcco Hellams, Alabama
6c. OT, Jaxson Kirkland, Washington
6d. LB, Mohamoud Diabate, Utah
7. K, Jake Moody, Michigan

Pat Lane at Pats Pulpit.

TRADE: 1-14 and 4-107 to New Orleans Saints for 1-29, 2-40, and 3-71.

1-29: OT Anton Harrison (Oklahoma)
2-40: WR Nathaniel Dell (Houston). The Patriots have been missing a true slot receiver since Julian Edelman retired [and] could really use the explosiveness in the slot. They would get that with Dell. He fits almost that exact mold. [Aside from being about 40 pounds lighter. . . . —ct]
2-46: CB Emmanuel Forbes (Mississippi State).
3-71: DB Kelee Ringo (Georgia).

TRADE: 3-76 to Los Angeles Chargers for 3-85, 2024 4th, and 2024 5th.

3-85: OT Cody Mauch (North Dakota State).
4-117: EDGE K.J. Henry (Clemson).
4-135: DT Jonah Tavai (San Diego State).
6-184: TE Luke Schoonmaker (Michigan).
6-187: LB Aubrey Miller Jr. (Jackson State).
6-192: C Alex Forsyth (Oregon).
6-210: QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson (UCLA). [No thank you on any of the Shrine Bowl QBs. —ct]
7-258: WR Jadakis Bonds (Hampton).

Pat Lane at Pats Pulpit.

TRADE: 1-14 and 4-107 to New Orleans Saints for 1-29, 2-40, and 3-71.

1-29: OT Anton Harrison (Oklahoma)
2-40: WR Nathaniel Dell (Houston). The Patriots have been missing a true slot receiver since Julian Edelman retired [and] could really use the explosiveness in the slot. They would get that with Dell. He fits almost that exact mold. [Aside from being about 40 pounds lighter. . . . —ct]
2-46: CB Emmanuel Forbes (Mississippi State).
3-71: DB Kelee Ringo (Georgia).

TRADE: 3-76 to Los Angeles Chargers for 3-85, 2024 4th, and 2024 5th.

3-85: OT Cody Mauch (North Dakota State).
4-117: EDGE K.J. Henry (Clemson).
4-135: DT Jonah Tavai (San Diego State).
6-184: TE Luke Schoonmaker (Michigan).
6-187: LB Aubrey Miller Jr. (Jackson State).
6-192: C Alex Forsyth (Oregon).
6-210: QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson (UCLA). [No thank you on any of the Shrine Bowl QBs. —ct]
7-258: WR Jadakis Bonds (Hampton).
Love your Mock with one exception would like another WR earlier people know how I love Tank Dell for us he's very explosive a moving First Down. I think he translates on the NFL level he's a true WR prospect unlike CB Marcus Jones from the same school.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back