PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 WR/PTP Thread

Tank dell has to be our next great slot receiver. I think he will run a 4.3 and he can get open in a phone booth. Decent hands and very sudden.
Does your opinion change when he basically ran a 4.5 (4.49) at the Combine?

Does your opinion change when he basically ran a 4.5 (4.49) at the Combine?
I don't want Dell, because he's too small.

However the 40 time is redundant, because he gets open almost immediately. I believe his 10 yard split is more important. As far as I'm aware, he was the most open receiver in college football against both man and zone, and in short, intermediate and deep routes. It's his suddeness, burst and change of direction that make him an intriguing prospect. At no point in a functioning offense are you going to want Tank Dell to sprint 40 yards down the field in a straight line.

Again, I wouldn't draft him because I don't think his body will be able to take the punishment but his 40 time is not a concern for me. He gets open. Same with Addison.

After Mike Reiss quotes Jim Nagy of the Senior Bowl of good fits for the Patriots, he mentions two names at the WR position: exciting but polarizing Tank Dell and Ronnie Bell.

I’m warming to Ronnie Bell for a mid to late fourth round selection. Below average 40, 4.54, but his first 10 yards are fast and he had a great 3-cone time at his pro day, 6.62, which easily bested his combine result of 6.98.

He is a great character guy who will just get it done—whatever it takes. He was a team captain who came back from an ACL.

He has grit.

Poor mans A.J. Brown I wanted Brown the year we selected Harry. :rolleyes: Mingo really look good from the Slot Pats gets another chance Ole Miss love those Big WR's.

Mingo could be one of those All-Purpose WR who can line up anywhere similar to the way Edelman did. His numbers are actually slightly better than Brown's except for the 3-cone. But I'm not gonna quibble over 0.04 secs

Mingo could be one of those All-Purpose WR who can line up anywhere similar to the way Edelman did. His numbers are actually slightly better than Brown's except for the 3-cone. But I'm not gonna quibble over 0.04 secs

I was blown away by how much potential he showed on film, how well he did at the senior bowl, and how little press he's gotten for all of it. I'd be fine taking him as our first WR as long as we address OL (and maybe CB). I don't think he'll be there in the 3rd like I hoped earlier in the year. We'll find out in a few weeks, I guess!

Haven't watched lowlights, but he looks really smooth (whatever that means) considering his size/bmi. His 10yd split is same as Edelman's. I'm just so darn ready for the draft to get here.

1681355358747.jpeg
1681355406148.jpeg

Another one who's rising his AT Perry 6'3 198 Wake Forest boy can fly.

I don't want Dell, because he's too small.

However the 40 time is redundant, because he gets open almost immediately. I believe his 10 yard split is more important. As far as I'm aware, he was the most open receiver in college football against both man and zone, and in short, intermediate and deep routes. It's his suddeness, burst and change of direction that make him an intriguing prospect. At no point in a functioning offense are you going to want Tank Dell to sprint 40 yards down the field in a straight line.

Again, I wouldn't draft him because I don't think his body will be able to take the punishment but his 40 time is not a concern for me. He gets open. Same with Addison.
Most of us would say don't Draft T Thornton because he's too skinny but they did anyway. Yeah I like both Tank Dell or Addison for us.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back