PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL demands retraction of Times article on player concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL v. NYT

Yeah.... I'm gonna have to go with

latest

I want the NFL to follow through on this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

From the article:
"Spokesman Joe Lockhart published a 2,500-word rebuttal on the league's website, arguing that "the paper published pages of false innuendo and sheer speculation based on a mere handful of anecdotal and cursory references, twisted and contorted out of context, from a smattering of documents out of millions..."
The next step is for the NFL to file an appeal with Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., the publisher of the NY Times.

I also can't believe they would put anything else out there associating their name with Ted Wells again.....but they really are that stupid and think their untouchable.

These are very mentally disturbed, power hungry people with apparent personality disorders. There are so many categories you could classify them in, we could make a game show out of it... for starters...

Narcissist
1. a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.
2. Psychoanalysis. a person who suffers from narcissism, deriving erotic gratification from admiration of his or her own physical or mental attributes.

For the narcissist, his or her internal world is more real than the external world.

Megalomaniac
. a person who is obsessed with their own power.

Self-righteous

1. having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

The only thing that Wells deserves credit for is 'it is more probable than not that he was at least generally aware'

Preface anything you write with this verbiage and there's no counter argument to be made

I was just up at the local dog park (here in DC) and mentioned this news tidbit to the dozen or so other dog owners in attendance. The overwhelming response was very similar to what we have on this board, and most of the people were at most casual football fans. There were even a couple of guffaws.

NFL v. NYT

Yeah.... I'm gonna have to go with

latest

Considering that the NFL has about 10x as much revenues, I think of it as more like a certain biblical fight:
David_vs_Goliath.jpg

What motivates the NFL owners? Integrity? No. Money.

What is motivating the NYT to print on CTE? Money.

Capitalism at work.

It's way, way easier to make money just writing about the Kardashians' latest selfie than doing actual investigative journalism as the Times did. Not sure they deserve such cynicism on this one.

These are very mentally disturbed, power hungry people with apparent personality disorders. There are so many categories you could classify them in, we could make a game show out of it... for starters...

Narcissist
1. a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.
2. Psychoanalysis. a person who suffers from narcissism, deriving erotic gratification from admiration of his or her own physical or mental attributes.
See: Roger Goodell

For the narcissist, his or her internal world is more real than the external world.

Megalomaniac
. a person who is obsessed with their own power.

Self-righteous

1. having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

Fixed it for ya.

His best line:

"It has to be hard to have your reputation damaged like this on the basis of flimsy evidence gleaned from communication between members of your organization, taken out of context and twisted to fit someone’s preset agenda."
Must have borrowed that line from the NFLPA.............

It's way, way easier to make money just writing about the Kardashians' latest selfie than doing actual investigative journalism as the Times did. Not sure they deserve such cynicism on this one.

I was not attempting to suggest the NYT is as corrupt as the NFL.

If there is a story - it's going to be reported.

I would love the NYT on its front page tomorrow have a middle finger salute and whilst also bring up the NFL and deflategate similarities so every layman can see the fraud that is going on.

Anyway.. more evidence for Brady in his defamation suit that surely must be coming.

Considering that the NFL has about 10x as much revenues, I think of it as more like a certain biblical fight:
View attachment 12577

Yeah, but the boys on Park Ave have proven that they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Remember that David won that battle.

As a minor quibble, it isn't possible to post a clip from Blazing Saddles and be politically incorrect. I'm not able to articulate why, but it just isn't.

think mel brooks

From the article:
"Spokesman Joe Lockhart published a 2,500-word rebuttal on the league's website, arguing that "the paper published pages of false innuendo and sheer speculation based on a mere handful of anecdotal and cursory references, twisted and contorted out of context, from a smattering of documents out of millions..."
The next step is for the NFL to file an appeal with Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr., the publisher of the NY Times.

and then start a website "ny times report on concussions in context".

Ted Wells squats to take a leak ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand