New tidbit on Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoodie said:
Did you see the Patriots All Access
If only they would add that to NFL Sunday Ticket then I'd be able too :(

BelichickFan said:
If only they would add that to NFL Sunday Ticket then I'd be able too :(

The thing is, Patriots All Access was on Sunday Ticket a few years ago, but for whatever reason they pulled it. :enranged:

BelichickFan said:
The store :)

A long time ago my wife and I went to a restaurant on the night it was closing. The waitress told us the salad would be a little longer than usual because they had to run out to the grocery store to buy more lettuce.

As a teenager one summer I worked part-time in the kitchen of the restaurant with the most expensive menu in a northern MA city. Believe me they didn't need the time to go to the grocery store. They needed the time to dig it out of the dumpster which is connected to the kitchen.

I haven't posted in a long while, but I just have to wonder.

Who in the hell would prefer a hamburger to a steak?!?!?!

thechris said:

He was 18 years old. Remember, he was undergoing recruitment for college.

When my son was 18, he would have preferrred a hot dog to a hamburger, and would not have eaten a steak at all. It just wasn't what he considered food, and had no more interest in steak than I do in cheese fires.

This story makes me think that Maroney is a perfect fit for the Pats. How about a little flashback:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20040129-9999-1s30belichic.html

Strong safety Rodney Harrison learned what Belichick was about last offseason while being courted as a free agent. Instead of taking Harrison to a swank steak house, the Patriots drove him to a low-budget chain restaurant known as the Ground Round.

That was more than linebacker Rosevelt Colvin received. He said he wasn't even taken to lunch on his visit. There was no stretch limo waiting for him, as there had been in Arizona. And the Patriots didn't try to dazzle him with a jersey bearing his name on the back, as the Lions had done in Detroit.

Colvin met for slightly more than an hour with Belichick, after which Belichick asked if he wanted to see the locker room.

"He opened the door a crack and said, 'There it is,'" Colvin recalled earlier this season. "There were no lights on. He took me to see the club seats – in the dark. The whole place was deserted. There was nothing to see. Just a bunch of sand, dirt and snow."

Colvin quickly signed a six-year, $25 million deal.

"I was looking for basic things," he said. "Like a plan to win."

BelichickFan said:
The store :)

A long time ago my wife and I went to a restaurant on the night it was closing. The waitress told us the salad would be a little longer than usual because they had to run out to the grocery store to buy more lettuce.

Did Artie serve you rabbit???????(and if you don't watch the Sopranos, that will make absolutely no sense whatsoever.......
After that episode, I don't think I'll go to ANY restaurant at closing......

But did he order it with Kool-aid?

Seriously, great find, thanks for passing it on. I'm taking it on face value, the "not into glitz" face value.

He's a lucky man, the heir apparent to the featured back on the most studied team in sports. And it sounds like he'd actually have the sense to appreciate that fact.

By the way, you guys notice how the big story has been a player's humility, not his swagger, since the Pats' reign started?

PFnV

At 18 , I would have gone with the burger instead steak. I don't think the kid insisted on the burger- he just asked for it.

Good story though.

PATSNUTme said:
At 18 , I would have gone with the burger instead steak. I don't think the kid insisted on the burger- he just asked for it.

Good story though.

I agree with the second part but I'm 15 and I would have gone with the steak no question. But oh well...to each their own.

zippo59 said:
I agree with the second part but I'm 15 and I would have gone with the steak no question. But oh well...to each their own.

Something tells me Laurence Maroney came from somewhere that doesn't resemble Hingham all that much.

thechris said:

I still say this sounds more bad than good. If I'm on a recruitment dinner with a guy that could be running my life and have control over my playing time for the next 4 years, I'm not making any special requests. I'm ordering the item on the menu that is easiest to pronounce and pretending to enjoy whatever I get.

But obviously I don't know the whole story, and it is very likely that this is a good thing. He probably didn't make a big deal out of it he probably just asked not realizing they didn't serve them and then the coach decided this kid needed his burger. I'm just throwing another interpretation out there.

Last edited:
patchick said:
'You go back there and grind up the nicest basket of artisanal breads you have and turn it into a hamburger roll for Laurence.'

Laurence goes back there into your linebacking corps and grinds up a couple of would-be tacklers.

PonyExpress said:
When did steaks become glitzy? Sounds a little weird.

When restaurants began charging $40 for filet mignon

jeffd said:
05 1st rounder likes roping cattle
06 1st rounders prefers hamburgers to steaks

what will next years 1st rounder be into?

Seems like they both love cows in their own way... as to next year's 1st rounder's preference... well, let's just not go there

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft