PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New meme: Delay punishment till 2016!!! Test all balls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delay-Gate............ sigh.

When this faux tempest first broke long ago I suggested here that Kraft (at the time I foolishly thought he was pro Patriots as a team) insist (folks here assured me that he had great influence with the league) that the league test balls in every game and apply the same fines & punishment to all offending teams. I said that as a consequence of the gas laws, cold weather teams like GB and the Bills would be fined into bankrupt oblivion before the playoffs.

Too bad it won't happen but every intercepted ball by the Patriots should be tested and if found under 12.5 a complaint should be filed. For every ball.
If the Pats stick a guage into a ball during a game, they will be crucified for it.

I heard someone telling Mazz about this the other day and Mazz says so what if measuring the balls show deflation, how do you explain the texts! Then he says if you believe it means lose weight you're a moron! Mazz always says that, if you don't believe what he (a moron says) you're a moron, and he says it in that high shrill voice. Makes you want to put a shotgun to your radio.

The thing about the texts is that they poured through a year's worth of texts and found two texts messages that even mentioning deflate and one was in May when there are no games. The problem with texts is that if you take them out of context they can be spun to mean anything.

But if McNally was responsible for deflating the balls after they were inspected, do people really think that he or others would be calling him "The Deflator"? Why give a nickname to a person that is based off an illegal act? Why draw attention to yourself that way?

The problem is Mazz and others are relying on Wells' clearly biased spin on the information he had. He only put in text messages that were damning and not the entire text conversation. He also only put in information that was damning to the Pats and Brady and not anything that might have exonerated them.

NFL isn't interested in the science. Every cold weather game for the last 70 years has had balls fall below regulation, but only the Patriots get ****ed up the ass for it. The AFCCG was the last football game of the season played in cold weather so that not all footballs could be checked for other teams the following week. Coincidence? I think not. Patriots were setup and ****ed from the start. Ignore laws of physics because the NFL is run by meatheads and the American society is too ****ing stupid and gullible and will believe any lie you tell them.

This sounds like one of those rumors during the pre-Wells report months: Wells is looking into a sting by the league, They are investigating the Colts, etc. This "test for a year" isn't going to happen either.
While such a path would seem a logical way to proceed from this point, the NYJFL cannot take it. Their ignorance of HS physics allowed them to blunder into this box canyon but even they must now know that footballs lose pressure in the cold. Even they must see that to permit such a study is tantamount to admitting they were morons to begin with, morons to swallow the Wells report, morons to hold their position in the face of all evidence, morons to blast Brady and the Pats. In short, morons in every respect. Their only way out of this without voluntarily putting on the moron sandwich board is to go to court, lose, and then take the position that "we tried to uphold the shield but the court didn't see it our way". No win for the NYJFL but no admission of stupidity, either.

F.uck relying on the NFL to do it, the team or Brady himself should have a dedicated guy on the sideline recording the measurements of an otherwise regulation non-game ball during every single game.
Add a webcam and stats on live website. Ian, are you up for that?

Would be great for Brady to have that to think about every week

Is there any doubt that this whole thing is just a media creation by the NFL? This is the new meme being touted by Peter King and seen tonight on CSNNE. I believe Mike Reiss thought of it a few months ago, but now King thinks hes reinvented the wheel with this idea.

Any doubt how this would go down? They'd get Brady to agree to not going to court if the results of the coming season's study on air pressure showed that the deflation was artificial. They'd fudge the numbers and send it out in a complicated report (complicated for a 4th grader) and we get a repeat of THEY DID IT MIKE!!! The science is too complicated!! THEY STUDIED IT FOR A YEAR, patriots honks don't wanna believe they did anything wrong!! And we get this same drama again all next off-season.

Eff this.

I can just hear Roger now..." In light of the new scientific evidence that has come to our attention we have decided to delay all punishment until we have done an exhaustive test on the effect of atmospheric conditions on ball pressure. We want to make sure we get it right and protect the integrity of the game! As such we have decided that a representative group of teams will have all of their game balls tested and recorded before the game and at 1/2 time. We conducted a random drawing to select the teams that will participate in this study. As a result of this drawing Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Dallas, Arizona and Detroit will have pregame and halftime ball pressures tested and recorded at all home games this season. We sincerely hope this will finally put this issue to rest and expose the truth of this matter"

I can just hear Roger now..." In light of the new scientific evidence that has come to our attention we have decided to delay all punishment until we have done an exhaustive test on the effect of atmospheric conditions on ball pressure. We want to make sure we get it right and protect the integrity of the game! As such we have decided that a representative group of teams will have all of their game balls tested and recorded before the game and at 1/2 time. We conducted a random drawing to select the teams that will participate in this study. As a result of this drawing Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Dallas, Arizona and Detroit will have pregame and halftime ball pressures tested and recorded at all home games this season. We sincerely hope this will finally put this issue to rest and expose the truth of this matter"

Yes they should do this. While they are at it they should check sunrise and sunset against predicted, and make sure moon phase is as expected.

I liked Felger before deflate gate because he actually did like the Patriots. Sorry but I listened almost every day and he was very reasonable no matter what some people here think. But when deflategate broke he sensed blood in the water and decided to go with it. Now there is no going back.

Not going to give you a disagree, but I completely disagree!

He was pushing for trading Brady at the beginning of the year, then said he expected them to go 3-3 or 4-2 over the 6 game gauntlet part of the schedule and they went 5-1 and he was trying to whip callers up into a frenzy over the Packers game..

His entire shtick for years has been to be a contrarian and piss people off for ratings. Its 100% clear that he does not like the Patriots other than for what they do for his career, and the most obvious proof is his reaction after the SB win on CSNN post game

Too bad it won't happen but every intercepted ball by the Patriots should be tested and if found under 12.5 a complaint should be filed. For every ball.

They'd just punish them further for "tampering" with a game ball, since they arent allowed to check it with gauges on the sidelines like the Colts admit to doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe