PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Chicken Littles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BB lovers on this forum should admit that he has made some unbelievably bad decisions
this year. A rugby dropkick and an onside kick while leading 14-0 and resulting in touchdowns
for the opposition. Kicking off in OT was the latest outrageous decision. The Jets players were
laughing their asses off in the locker room. Truth is we would be laughing too if an opposing coach
did this.

None of those decisions has lead to any points of an opponent. So I have no clue what the hell you are talking about. The touchdowns you are mentioning were scored minutes later on completely unrelated plays. You are committing a classic fallacy where you are judging a decisions based on an outcome that is barely connected to the original decision in the first place.

If we don't let the Eagles convert a 20 yard pass on a 3rd & 11 they don't score and no one talks about the dropkick. The same today..

You are committing a classic fallacy where you are judging a decisions based on an outcome that is barely connected to the original decision in the first place.

This is his MO. Only posts after a loss. He is a stupid old fart. Just laugh at him

Huh. Funny thing is, post Branch, pre Moss and Welker and then pre Gronk and Edelman, lots were saying look how good he makes those receivers that are nobodies. So the "They have Brady crowd" was applauded in years they don't have high end receiving talent.

You are missing the point. Our offense is built on using quick passes to cover up some of the issues with the OL. If the majority of our players that can get open for said quick passes are injured then it will be very difficult to move the ball because Brady will only rarely get enough time to throw the long ball.

Give Brady a OL that gives him consistently 3-4 seconds and he will be able to do exactly what you are saying.

if we have healthy oline then i can see that happening. but with this sh!tty oline, we ain't killing nobody even with edelman.

i expect every playoff games to be a battle.
You're right. We won't be killing nobody. We'll be killing everybody.

some people don't undersand what constructive criticism is all about. They'd rather everybody just bury their heads over every damn thing.

I call them a bunch of Baghdad Bobs. "Hey everythings fine, there's no American tanks here." all the while there's an american tank rolling along in the background.

Constructive criticism in the game thread -
We got Gronk. We got White. We got Brady pulling the trigger.

No team does this. Ever. Even when they're banged up. No team does this. 'Cept smarty pants Belichick who can thank #12 for his legacy.

5-11 the season before Brady took over. 0-2 in 2001 before Bledsoe went down.

alright i'm back. The food was good, the game sucked and the vacation is still rockin'.

Let me just say this, these same coaches make the decision for Brady to pass when the game is well out of hand, in the fourth quarter and when running the ball is a sure way to run out the clock. Yet these same coaches are afraid to drop brady back and throw the ball with 2 minutes on the clock, at the end of the 1rst half with 2 timeouts. Those 3 pts should have won us the game.

point is, you cannot allude to logic on behalf of the coaches when it is illogical to throw with the game well in hand yet not do it in the situation presented in today's game.

You can't know all the issues they were facing out there with a guy called Waddle who was picked up a few days ago. Does he understand all the protection calls? Do you know what they had to do with the game plan after Vollmer went down? You can't possibly account for everything. If you say you are a mathematician, tell me the odds the Jets matching down and scoring a TD vice stopping us on Offense and just kicking a field goal to win? BB made the right call to kick considering the defense had limited them the whole fourth quarter to 31 yds.
I don't know if it was the super bowl win last year, but these coaches have my trust without reproach. After watching Three Games to Glory, I realized there is so much behind the scenes we don't see yet think we know everything.

Must be with all that time you are spending here LOL

I normally only post in game day threads but the decisions of today really irked me. Thankfully it's not very often when stupidity comes into play with the Patriots.

I normally only post in game day threads but the decisions of today really irked me. Thankfully it's not very often when stupidity comes into play with the Patriots.

Unfortunately you are the one adding the stupidity. And we have to read it. Go back to your "rockin" vacation. Trust me when I tell you that we will figure out a way to make it work here without you.

You can't know all the issues they were facing out there with a guy called Waddle who was picked up a few days ago. Does he understand all the protection calls? Do you know what they had to do with the game plan after Vollmer went down? You can't possibly account for everything. If you say you are a mathematician, tell me the odds the Jets matching down and scoring a TD vice stopping us on Offense and just kicking a field goal to win? BB made the right call to kick considering the defense had limited them the whole fourth quarter to 31 yds.
I don't know if it was the super bowl win last year, but these coaches have my trust without reproach. After watching Three Games to Glory, I realized there is so much behind the scenes we don't see yet think we know everything.

what's not being taken into account is the fact that this is a passing league. How many guys are throwing 30+ td's this year. Alot. 10 years ago if the same OT rules applied then, i'd be like, ok maybe I can see the reasoning but with the way the league is today, I.Take.The.Ball.To.Start. No questions asked.

Unfortunately you are the one adding the stupidity. And we have to read it. Go back to your "rockin" vacation. Trust me when I tell you that we will figure out a way to make it work here without you.

put me on your ignore list. Not hard.

what's not being taken into account is the fact that this is a passing league. How many guys are throwing 30+ td's this year. Alot. 10 years ago if the same OT rules applied then, i'd be like, ok maybe I can see the reasoning but with the way the league is today, I.Take.The.Ball.To.Start. No questions asked.
He made a good post. Your reply waas complete nonsense. What does a "passing league" have to do with that particular situation and how the game had been going and the other factors we dont know.

Talk about a strawman. None of us have to like it. But I sorta understood it like many here did. And I dont have half the facts.

The whole site should.

Wait, arent you on a "rockin" vcation?

I don't know what's worse, me complaining about the coaches stupid decision making or you complaining about my complaining when an ignore user list is only a click away.

I don't know what's worse, me complaining about the coaches stupid decision making or you complaining about my complaining when an ignore user list is only a click away.

I think you not understanding the game is the worst thing. Despite you thinking that you do. And you bragging about great food and a "rockin" vacation just makes you look like a major clown.

He made a good post. Your reply waas complete nonsense. What does a "passing league" have to do with that particular situation and how the game had been going and the other factors we dont know.

Talk about a strawman. None of us have to like it. But I sorta understood it like many here did. And I dont have half the facts.

Really? Passing TD's are easier to come by now. There's what, at least 10 guys in the NFL that are poised to throw for 30+ touchdowns. We have a banged up secondary. It's pretty easy to grasp unless you're being a contrarian for the sake of annoyance.

I think you not understanding the game is the worst thing. Despite you thinking that you do. And you bragging about great food and a "rockin" vacation just makes you look like a major clown.

You are a sensitive individual to say the least.

It is incredible how many national types r talking about the pats losing as some huge gigantic seismic shifting game...THEY ****ING Played TO LOSE THE GODDAMN Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes