PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEInsider post on the ESPN message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say you are correct "NEInsider" has never offered any info that Reiss hadn't already broken. That does not necessarily mean he is not an Insider. It could mean that Reiss is a very good reporter- which he is.

There is really no way to prove or disprove this issue. He has never made any factual predictions, such as a trade, or a draft pick, which would provide incontrovertible proof of his status either as a phony or a mole.

PT55, for example, couldn't restrain himself from commenting cryptically about Mayo in the days before the draft. Once the Pats picked Mayo, his status as the friend of a real friend became highly probable IMO.

That would mean he is an insider with no inside information to offer.

Reiss is not an insider, he's a reporter with sources. An insider should know some things he doesn't.

Re: NEInsider post on the ESPN message board.

Q: how did PT55 know Michael Holly was going to predict Jerod Mayo as the Pats draft pick on air, 3 hours before Holley announced it?

A: PT55 knows Michael Holly.

Q: How does PT55 know Michael Holley?

A: They travel in the same circles

Q: What circles are those?

A: sports or sports media.

Q: If PT55 travels in sports or sports media circles, and knows Michael Holley (author of the definitive Patriot insider book), and started a thread about Jerod Mayo several days before the draft, is it possible he has some inside knowledge, direct or indirect, of the Patriot organization?

A: Yes.

Michael Holley is a radio host. That would be WEEI Insider. As tight lipped as the Pats are, there's a big difference between knowing a radio host and being an insider on the Pats as he pretends to be.

I don't care if he wrote a book or two, Holly doesn't have the access Reiss has.

Reiss is not an insider and the NEinsider seems to get his fodder from Reiss's Pieces.

I ignored Gomezcat, but apparently that was wrong.

Hey, you two may be right. He maybe a fraud. Your reasoning is of an idiot.

If it was a big secret that they liked Mayo, what insider shouts that secret from the rooftops? Seriously? Are you and gomezcat actually stating that as your reason?

Dudes, there are good reasons that someone can't point out are stupid.

As far as I am aware, everything that this person has posted as "inside information" was shown to have been posted elsewhere first.

Secondly, you ask what insider shouts from the rooftops about Mayo. Well, what insider goes on to ESPN and claims to be one, without some sort of proof? If I were posting as an insider, I would be tempted to give *something* away that could only have come from the inside. After all, he must have a motivation for doing this.

Last edited:
Got TIMESTAMPED proof of both of those events occurring in the sequence that you described?

At 11:55 EST on April 25, PT55 wrote:

Michael Holley will announce on WEEI at 1:50 his player the he feels the Patriots are targeting.

I will tell you who it is and it's LB Jerod Mayo (Tennessee).
They will trade back to a comfortable spot and select Mayo.

at 1:04 PM EST on April 25, in the same thread, YOU wrote:

Whatever. I'll believe it when I see it, but right now sounds like a load of horse manure.

at 1:50 PM EST on April 25, in the same thread, primetime wrote:

Holley says Patriots want Jerod Mayo.

I hadn't heard anything about this guy until a couple weeks ago.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=81608

Last edited:
Lets just take a few examples of this fraud. He writes on 3/27/2008:
Why didn't NE sign some of those linebackers?? Think Monty!!! That will not happen around here again. Some of the smartest football players on this team play linebacker. Enough said!!!

Then ten days later, the news comes out in the mainstream press:
The Patriots agreed Monday to a one-year deal with unrestricted free agent — and former New York Jet linebacker — Victor Hobson.

"NEInsider" writes further on 3/27/2008:
The draft. Not even Bill and Scott know what will really happen on draft day. We work on projected scenarios based on what we think might happen but until the action starts it is so fluid it becomes an excercise in being patient.

But then on 4/26/2008:
Mayo was the player targeted from day one.

I don't understand the credit the moron is getting. He's said nothing in advance. Its so obvious, yet some of you want to believe you have a connection inside so bad you let this nut have some fun at your expense. Let it go.

J D Sal

Your last 2 examples are not contradictory.

around & around this debate goes....even when it can't be won. You guys will never know the truth.

Yes, I could just not read this thread...but I'm incredibly intrigued by what is motivating you guys to debate this guy's authenticity.

Why is it important. If I was the guy who posted the information & told you so, what kind of relief would it bring anyone?...NONE

Even if the guy is the expert of all experts, he still doesn't know if these guys will be any good on the NFL level. Most experts just guess anyway. Look at the number of 1st round draft picks that have sucked...there are too many to count.

You gotta admit, either way, the poster is a cool guy!:D:D

Last edited:
Your last 2 examples are not contradictory.
I agree they aren't contradictory.

On Hobson, he's no Beisel as he has played in this defense before for the Jets. Sure he may play inside more for us than he did for them but Belioli can look at film of him playing in this defense for two years. PT55 didn't say they wouldn't sign a veteran LB just why they didn't sign some of "those" LB - presumably FA LB who have never played in this defense before.

On the draft, not knowing what will happen but targeting Mayo obviously works together. They could have targeted Mayo and still not known they'd get him. Cincy took Rivers and #9 - what happens if they took Mayo at #9 ?

How? It's not like they're saying "Mayo or bust."
Think about what he doesn't say in some of these posts. For example, in the post about free agent linebackers, why not say they're are a few out there who may be smart enough to sign for the system...portelling the Hobson signing. But nope, instead just a blanket condemnation of the free agents. Doesn't sound so "inside" to me. I would think those actually inside were working on Hobson, considering him, talking about him, talking to his reps for awhile. If he really wants to be perceived as an "insider" (and, really, what other motivation for his posts/screen name/etc. could there be?)....why not some hint about that? It came less than two weeks later? Why? Cause he didn't see it coming.

Just as he didn't see the Fernando Bryant signing coming. The Dom Capers hire. The Scott Player signing. The letting go of Joel Collier. The interest in O'Connell. etc. etc. etc. You could go on and on forever.

Instead we get a post at 4:46 PM on draft day. Was this even before they picked Mayo? I'm not sure. And if so, by then everyone could see an educated guess on who the Pats were taking. Hell, Holley called it on Friday. I text messaged my friend after the Pats traded down around the time #8 was on the clock and he texted back "Its gonna be Mayo"....is he an insider now too? It was an easy educated guess.

Everything he posts is stuff we want to here. So you guys drink it in. "Mayo has a chance to be special"....."We love Brandon"....."This kid Wilhite is interesting..." Its like a fortune cookie. Have you ever gotten Chinese food and had a fotune cookie tell you anything negative? No, because they want you to enjoy it and come back for more good news later.

Tell me....without looking to see if he has posted something new or not....can you tell the difference if this is real NEInsider or not:
O'Connell is a bit rough around the edges, but we all think Kevin has a chance to really develop. He needs to work on his footwork and Josh is really helping him with that, but you can see there is instant quality communication between the two. He is a special athlete and shows nice zip on his passes. We like his work ethic. If Tom ever goes down, eventually we'll be in good hands with Kevin and maybe could spin him off in a trade in a few years. Scott is always thinking ahead.

C'mon folks, wake up.

J D Sal

Last edited:
I been think about this and I don't believe that NEInsider or PT55 are insiders at all. Why would they risk their jobs just to give us information? PT55 says that he has friends in the organization which is believeable, but I don't believe him. It's an easy way to make it sound like yo have a source inside the team, when in reality you can take what the writers say and spin around and make it look mysterious like you have info.

I too know that Michael Holley was going to say Mayo would be the pick, check the records. I will say that Holley does have better sources inside the Patriots then any writer in Boston.

The posts by PT55 and NEInsider are fun too read, I myself enjoy them, but we must take them with a grain of salt. It's highly unlikely either of these two have insider info.

This is truth, one of my best friends father is a coach for the Patriots, but he never has any info that he either knows or cares to share. I ask him all the time. In fact he thought the Patriots were going to draft DeAngelo Williams, when they actually took Maroney. And I think he has alot better info that either of those two would have, and he never has any.

I have all seven of his posts. Does he post somewhere else?

The quote in context he posted two hours after Reiss.

I can't comment on something I can't analyze. If he posted something, it should still be available, no?

I can't find his first post on ESPN. I remember wondering if their "Matt Walsh close" story was a response to the Patriots deciding to ignore ESPN AS HE SAID.

Count your posts of NEInsider. It says he has 7 but only lists six. His aleged first post is "More Tidbits." Name anyone that uses "more" for "first."
Draft Notes
NEInsider
Post #1: Apr 30, 1:34 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 7
1. Mayo will be a superstar. He is super smart with skills off the charts for our system. A NAtional Honor Society kid, graduated from college, humble but driven, and a film rat.

User search results for: NEInsider | Back to Real-Time
You have seen 6 comments.
COMMENTS Keyword User
Draft Notes
NEInsider | 5 days ago | Report Violation
1. Mayo will be a superstar. ...
You will love this kid
NEInsider | 1 week ago | Report Violation
Cannot believe he fell this far. ...
More Mayo please
Just could not resist that. ...
Mayo
Mayo was the player targeteda ...
Tidbits from Foxboro
NEInsider | 1 month ago | Report Violation
Why didn't NE sign some ...
More News
NEInsider | 2 months ago | Report Violation
Seems Mr Walsh has a problem ...

I'm not saying ESPN is actively hiding it. There can be explanations about computer glitches and stuff.

NEinsider is ESPNs way of trying to get some of the New England fans that are boycotting them to come back. I bet pleny of posters who said they wont go to ESPN have gone to read what this yahoo has to say because he is calling himself NEinsider.

I don't have all his posts but here's the talk about it from 3/5/08 :

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=79158

"from a poster on the ESPN Patriots board who refers to himself as "NEinsider"

Alot of it is believable...but take it for what it is UNSUBSTANTIATED but very interesting

"It seems there are interesting things going on in Foxboro. NE has TOTALLY shut ESPN out. NE is refusing to talk with or even allow anyone within the organization to communicate with even the few people at ESPN NE trusts which includes Berman and Jaws. Clayton and others are very frustrated."
Does that thread have his text? ESPN may have put it in the memory hole.

LOL. Seriously, the phrase that comes to mind is 'damning with faint praise'. It's like the following argument:
You cannot prove that ghosts don't exist, therefore ghosts exists.
You can't prove that PatsInsider isn't an insider, therefore he is an insider.

Got TIMESTAMPED proof of both of those events occurring in the sequence that you described?

Why? Seriously. Say for sake of argument he does. Will you admit you are wrong and change your signature?:)

Last edited:

As far as I am aware, everything that this person has posted as "inside information" was shown to have been posted elsewhere first.

Secondly, you ask what insider shouts from the rooftops about Mayo. Well, what insider goes on to ESPN and claims to be one, without some sort of proof? If I were posting as an insider, I would be tempted to give *something* away that could only have come from the inside. After all, he must have a motivation for doing this.

Assuming for sake of argument he is real (A big assumption), he has plenty of motive. How long is this thread? Does not his posting generate PR?

And,if as he claims, ESPN has been shutout, then the PR guys will want another outlet.

Yes, Gomez, many of us would be tempted as you say. He doesn't. That's why I think it gets vetted. If not by BB or someone close, a committee that is close. Heck, it might be a committee writing it, then an intern puts it in an individual tone

Although you, Gomez, have not said this, many have. Like it being what fans want to hear proves something. Yes, everything has been pro-Patriot. Those are press releases for cryin' out loud. Name a press release that doesn't put a good spin on even the worst things.

NEinsider is ESPNs way of trying to get some of the New England fans that are boycotting them to come back. I bet pleny of posters who said they wont go to ESPN have gone to read what this yahoo has to say because he is calling himself NEinsider.

Good possibility.

I'll start a thread for him to see if he'll start posting at CHFF. (Here that ten posts before you can start a thread thing would be onerous.)

That would mean he is an insider with no inside information to offer.

Reiss is not an insider, he's a reporter with sources. An insider should know some things he doesn't.
OK.....maybe the Insider can shed light on the 6 mystery players that tryed out for the Patriots....names or college affiliations...2 RBs 4 WRs...can someone post that for him?

OK.....maybe the Insider can shed light on the 6 mystery players that tryed out for the Patriots....names or college affiliations...2 RBs 4 WRs...can someone post that for him?

If he is really an insider he can't.

Say they worked out Gholston and Rivers. They can claim they found them wanting, but it would still look like Mayo was really the third choice. Now name a few CBs and you get the same problem.

Besides, who cares? Those are press releases that generate 100 post threads.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes