PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEInsider post on the ESPN message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gave up on him when he said this:

"This kid NEVER takes a play off and during the interview process actually made suggestions and observations on sets we run that raised Bill's eyebrows."

He's just telling fans what they want to hear. He's obviously done his homework, but he's just loving the limelight. He doesn't need to respond to his own posts because no-one ever questions him.

Fool,

Name, say, a lions insider, who thinks the Lions screwed up the draft? Are you so stupid you think the lack of a negative actually proves he is a fraud? Moron, drinking kool-aid is proof that he is real.

You need more experience lying.:D

Not to insult anyone, but what level of brain dead has the average fan reached of late?

Anyone bother sifting through each of those earlier post? You'll realize some of that supposed "inside info" was actually false and misleading, unless you're willing to overlook the obvious fiction in order to make yourself feel more well informed.

Some legit info has been present in these post, but that info was also readily available to the public for hours or days before hand. The same was obvious in regard to PT55, but a number of fans seemed to overlook the obvious BS he/she spewed on a daily basis as well.

For those who say "It's still good reading even if the person is a fraud", that's a completely short sighted and laughable stance. Go back over that one in your head a few times...realize how irrational it comes off?
You may be right, but I notice you fail to resurrect a missed prediction of his.
He claimed that ESPN is shut out. ESPN was not at Gillette for the draft.
He claimed Walsh was stalling about a week after the "soon there will be an agreement" article. It took, what, 3 weeks.

Maybe I'm only remembering what I want. Please educate me with CONCRETE EXAMPLES OF MISSED PREDICTIONS.

I guess it's possible that a Matt Walsh type would post stuff like this.

Nothing truly "inside" other than comments like "he blew us away in the interview." The rest is all opinion: I think the first-rounder is going to be great; I think the second-rounder is going to be great; I think both third-rounders are going to be great; and so forth.

Opening with the 4.61 time for O'Connell sounds much more like a fan than a scout. Who honestly cares what his 40 time is, at the pocket-passer position? We all saw the video of Brady "running" at his combine; that hasn't held him back much.

Maybe there is a young video scout who observes internal discussions who posts on ESPN. Given the Pats general dislike for ESPN (this team hates their coach...), it's pretty unlikely it's anyone who's been around the Pats a couple years.

Nothing truly "inside" other than comments like "he blew us away in the interview.

A version of this quote was related on TV or elsewhere, I guarantee, I heard it. Something about him diagramming plays or giving his ideas on defense.

Like any good plagiarist, he knows to change the keywords (I'm a graduate student LOL!!).

Absolutely zero in this guys posts is original.

Most of the staff saw him when they visited Auburn to look at the other cornerback and he was the one that impressed us the most

So he's on the staff? Does BB know he blabs all the "secrets" on the internet?

Capers loves this kid by the way

Love is such an ephemeral thing.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You may be right, but I notice you fail to resurrect a missed prediction of his.
He claimed Walsh was stalling about a week after the "soon there will be an agreement" article. It took, what, 3 weeks.

Maybe I'm only remembering what I want. Please educate me with CONCRETE EXAMPLES OF MISSED PREDICTIONS.

Mr. Reiss reported that two hours earlier. See post #55

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=882737&postcount=55

Good old Mike

Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff April 26, 2008 02:29 PM

Ne "insider"*

Post #1: Apr 26, 4:46 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 7

Last edited:
Maybe he could tell us who the mystery 6 tryout players were??....THAT would be interesting...

They were 6 warm bodies to play on offense so that the mostly defensive drafties would have someone to line up against.

You will probably never see them again.

Fraud or not, this guy is a very close observer of the Pats and an uber-fan.

PonyExpress probably said it most charitably. I agree that he is a knowledgeable fan.

PonyExpress probably said it most charitably. I agree that he is a knowledgeable fan.

With this newfangled internet thing, his two hour old scoops are a little short of amazing.

Either persona, insider or fraud, is trying to accomplish the same thing...garner attention, create a buzz and get fans talking. Whatever he is, he's successful. There is one thing I'm confident about though. None of the other teams are putting a cyber trail on this guy. Really, they have much more important things to do.

With due respect to Reiss, This guy said that a few months before the draft.

Funny went looking for the post where he says ESPN is shut out. I remember it was a few months ago, but I can't find it. ESPN admits he has 7 posts but i can only find six. Hmmm...:D His earliest is called "more tidbits" which implies he had posted before. The "more tidbits" is two months ago. I remember the ESPN is persona non grata thing was before that. Reis was reporting on confirmation of what he said, months ago

I'm still amazed at the missing post of NEInsider. Not to change his post count is purely stupid if it was purposely hidden. I suspect an innocent explanation based on computers being artificial stupidities.

Mr. Reiss reported that two hours earlier. See post #55
He did but NEInsider was the first to "report" the Patriots' shutting out of the media in it's entirety. Not saying I buy into him but he was the first with this way before the draft and it was interesting that ESPN then wasn't even at Foxboro.

He did but NEInsider was the first to "report" the Patriots' shutting out of the media in it's entirety. Not saying I buy into him but he was the first with this way before the draft and it was interesting that ESPN then wasn't even at Foxboro.

I have all seven of his posts. Does he post somewhere else?

The trade was set up yesterday as Mayock just mentioned on NFL network. You will notice that ESPn had no interview with Bill but the NFL network did. ESPN asked and is still basically begging for Bill or Scott. Mayock and Bill have always been close and he has been the only guru Bill enjoys talking with. Mayock is highly respected around here.

The quote in context he posted two hours after Reiss.

I can't comment on something I can't analyze. If he posted something, it should still be available, no?

I don't have all his posts but here's the talk about it from 3/5/08 :

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=79158

"from a poster on the ESPN Patriots board who refers to himself as "NEinsider"

Alot of it is believable...but take it for what it is UNSUBSTANTIATED but very interesting

"It seems there are interesting things going on in Foxboro. NE has TOTALLY shut ESPN out. NE is refusing to talk with or even allow anyone within the organization to communicate with even the few people at ESPN NE trusts which includes Berman and Jaws. Clayton and others are very frustrated."

Last edited:

The quote in context he posted two hours after Reiss.

I can't comment on something I can't analyze. If he posted something, it should still be available, no?

Let's say you are correct "NEInsider" has never offered any info that Reiss hadn't already broken. That does not necessarily mean he is not an Insider. It could mean that Reiss is a very good reporter- which he is.

There is really no way to prove or disprove this issue. He has never made any factual predictions, such as a trade, or a draft pick, which would provide incontrovertible proof of his status either as a phony or a mole.

PT55, for example, couldn't restrain himself from commenting cryptically about Mayo in the days before the draft. Once the Pats picked Mayo, his status as the friend of a real friend became highly probable IMO.

I guess I'm a sucker. If he is a fraud, he is complex and devious. If he is legit, he is simple and sincere. Usually the simpler explanation is correct.

Fraud or not, this guy is a very close observer of the Pats and an uber-fan.

Usually people who pose as "insiders" are eager to convince everyone of their status. Even PT55, who does seem to "know somebody", couldn't resist arguing and arguing with skeptics to demonstrate his special status. NEInsider shows up and leaves.

If he were a fraud, his motive would be to attract attention. But his writing style and his posting habits do not follow that pattern. He is terse and to the point.

Nor is he a troll: who among us got excited about Wilhite and Slater? Even the most die-hard fans here were groaning over those picks. This guy is on cloud nine with them. You have to be a kook or a paid employee to get that hopped up about borderline prospects.

As far as his inability to spell "blossom" correctly. That's not a shocker. There are plenty of successful people in the US who can't spell. This isn't England.

He is familiar with a lot of new patriot info: Capers coaching the dbs, the bios of various draft picks. I read Wheatley's bio but wasn't aware he played a game with a broken rod in his wrist; I knew Mayo had graduated, but that was far from common knowledge. In fact, Charles Davis, a UT alum, was lecturing Mayo on NFL net during the draft, that he should have "stayed in school" instead of declaring (dumba$$). NEInsider is also familiar with BB's contempt for Carr, which I was unaware of until the Day 2 presser. If he were a fraud he would have had to watch the day 2 presser to glean that info. So that makes him an uber-fan fraud.

Another thing that works in his favor: his observations on Wheatley's backpedal seem accurate.

Think of the various public sources of info this guy would have had to draw from to craft fraudulent posts:

video of Wheatley's backpedal
video of Wilhite's backpedal
detailed player bios
BB's day 2 presser
published reports on Don Capers being DB coach
published reports on BB and Co visiting Auburn and working out Wilhite.

He would have had to assimilate a wide range of info, digest it, and pawn it off as his own while staying in character on a message board. That takes a lot of literary skill for a guy who can't spell "blossom".

When he repeats ideas we have read elsewhere, he doesn't use the same language. For example, when he refers to Crable's background, he doesn't mention "foster home", which has been mentioned in every other news article. Speaking for myself, if I were trying to pretend to be an insider, I would have thrown out "foster home" as a detail to demonstrate my depth of knowledge. This guy avoids the "foster home" connection, as though he doesn't feel like mentioning it out of respect for the player's privacy.

If he were a fraud, that kind of nuance would take great intelligence. If he were legit, that attitude would be natural. The simpler explanation is that he is a legit.

I also like the fact he accurately assesses how awful a coach Karl Dorell was.

I give the odds at 51% the insider is legit.

I think it is someone within the organization. Definately not a coach. I'm thinking more on along the lines of some kind of administrative asst. type who may have access to film they use to evaluate draftees.

I love how some here are so overtly dismissive of this guy they come off as if someone crapped in their cherios. I'm not sure why some think it's so completely out of the realm of possibility this person could be real.

Either persona, insider or fraud, is trying to accomplish the same thing...garner attention, create a buzz and get fans talking. Whatever he is, he's successful. There is one thing I'm confident about though. None of the other teams are putting a cyber trail on this guy. Really, they have much more important things to do.

Once again...and it seems I say this almost daily now...all this bickering is no more than gossip.

The only FACT that lays before us is that it is NOT IMPORTANT if this guy is a fraud or the real McKoy. Yet we have some Patriot fans trying to show one another they are "in the know" over the other guy.

Listen closely...

It doesn't matter... and I don't mean it doesn't matter to me...it doesn't matter period. It is not an important topic and even if it could be resolved factually, what would change & how would it affect us?

wow!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: NEInsider post on the ESPN message board.

Read this paragraph here and tell me this does not sound like what Coach Belichick said right after the draft:

link

NEInsider is... Bill Belichick!

ROFL. Hey look, somebody wrote gullible on the ceiling...

Dude, of course people want to believe him when he has NoTHING but great things to say about all of the Pats picks. If anything that's the one red flag that sticks out to me. You can't have every pick perfect in a draft and he makes them all sound like they should have been taken in the first round or in the case of Mayo is an instant HOF. I like the kid but gimme a break, let him prove something on the field first! :rolleyes:

PT55, for example, couldn't restrain himself from commenting cryptically about Mayo in the days before the draft. Once the Pats picked Mayo, his status as the friend of a real friend became highly probable IMO.

I call BS on that. I asked him to give me a hint on the Pats draftboard and he could give me nothing. The rumblings about Mayo from Schefter/Reiss etc. coulda been heard and just passed off as his own 'inside' info when he just heard/read about it from someone else. I can't believe that year after year, people buy into this baloney. How many of these people mentioned above, the morning of the draft predicted Mayo/Wheatley BEFORE the picks were announced. NONE.

Last edited:
Re: NEInsider post on the ESPN message board.

ROFL. Hey look, somebody wrote gullible on the ceiling...

Dude, of course people want to believe him when he has NoTHING but great things to say about all of the Pats picks. If anything that's the one red flag that sticks out to me. You can't have every pick perfect in a draft and he makes them all sound like they should have been taken in the first round or in the case of Mayo is an instant HOF. I like the kid but gimme a break, let him prove something on the field first! :rolleyes:

I call BS on that. I asked him to give me a hint on the Pats draftboard and he could give me nothing. The rumblings about Mayo from Schefter/Reiss etc. coulda been heard and just passed off as his own 'inside' info when he just heard/read about it from someone else. I can't believe that year after year, people buy into this baloney. How many of these people mentioned above, the morning of the draft predicted Mayo/Wheatley BEFORE the picks were announced. NONE.

Q: how did PT55 know Michael Holly was going to predict Jerod Mayo as the Pats draft pick on air, 3 hours before Holley announced it?

A: PT55 knows Michael Holly.

Q: How does PT55 know Michael Holley?

A: They travel in the same circles

Q: What circles are those?

A: sports or sports media.

Q: If PT55 travels in sports or sports media circles, and knows Michael Holley (author of the definitive Patriot insider book), and started a thread about Jerod Mayo several days before the draft, is it possible he has some inside knowledge, direct or indirect, of the Patriot organization?

A: Yes.

He said the Patriots would NOT be signing any free agent linebackers. A few days later they signed Victor Hobson.

The guy is a fraud. I can't even believe there is a debate about it.

J D Sal

I think it is someone within the organization. Definately not a coach. I'm thinking more on along the lines of some kind of administrative asst. type who may have access to film they use to evaluate draftees.

I love how some here are so overtly dismissive of this guy they come off as if someone crapped in their cherios. I'm not sure why some think it's so completely out of the realm of possibility this person could be real.

There's a ringing endorsement.

There's a ringing endorsement.

LOL. Seriously, the phrase that comes to mind is 'damning with faint praise'. It's like the following argument:
You cannot prove that ghosts don't exist, therefore ghosts exists.
You can't prove that PatsInsider isn't an insider, therefore he is an insider.

Q: how did PT55 know Michael Holly was going to predict Jerod Mayo as the Pats draft pick on air, 3 hours before Holley announced it?

A: PT55 knows Michael Holly.

Q: How does PT55 know Michael Holley?

A: They travel in the same circles

Q: What circles are those?

A: sports or sports media.

Q: If PT55 travels in sports or sports media circles, and knows Michael Holley (author of the definitive Patriot insider book), and started a thread about Jerod Mayo several days before the draft, is it possible he has some inside knowledge, direct or indirect, of the Patriot organization?

A: Yes.

Got TIMESTAMPED proof of both of those events occurring in the sequence that you described?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore