PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Myers and Lupica rip Jets in today's NY Daily News

Status
Not open for further replies.
"All things in moderation," my friend. I enjoy nothing more than a hot dog and a beer at a game and don't have to "fill up on alcohol" to get that enjoyment. Not all people who enjoy a beer or ****tail at a sporting event are alcoholics or morons.

This is sort of funny--took me a minute to figure out what was being bleeped. "Was he talking about chasing tail? But that's not really a bad word, is it? Hmmmm...." Heh.

People are looking at this wrong. Braylon Edwards should be celebrated as a national hero. With the league unable to come to a new CBA because they have money issues, Edwards braved his life and the lives of others on the road to save the league money that might have bankrupted the league by not making them spend all that money to send him a limo to send him home eventhough the current CBA says that the league must pay for such trivial conveniences.

Kudos Braylon! Your, your teammates in the car, and everyone on the road with you's lives are clearly not worth the few thousand dollars it would have cost the league to send you a limo with security and make arrangements to get your car home. Way to take one for the league.

Probably wouldn't even be a few thousand. Granted security wasn't provided but a towncar from the New Meadowlands Stadium to Manhattan was $110. Well worth it not to put oneself in that situation. Considering parking is $50 you're really only spending $60.

We all know he was wrong. Maybe we should have not beer selling in all the games. I sure many went behind a wheel after drinking but not drunk. But I bet if you took a breath test you would fail and be DWI Maybe his teammates thought he was ok. I sure that has happen over your life time. Still wrong. So all your pats fans do not drink while in the stadium. ok Or go to a bar and drink. Remember these guys football players... Big guys
Holy God this post sucks.

This is sort of funny--took me a minute to figure out what was being bleeped. "Was he talking about chasing tail? But that's not really a bad word, is it? Hmmmm...." Heh.

Yeah. "Prickly heat" makes it but "****tail" doesn't.

Hopefully anyone defending the Jets or Edwards are just trolling and don't genuinely believe the nonsense they're typing.

Different scenario.

He bought underage females drinks and he was seen with his accuser while another case of the same nature is pending.

Edwards is charged with DUI.

Neither one was convicted, yet the league dealt out punishment to Ben. The point is, you don't need to be convicted to be punished by the league. You need only to have violated the league's policies.

Yes i was drunk. This is a forum Dude. Who cares dam pattycakes. Maybe guys you stop writing so many threads on the jets. You come to our forum you might see one or two threads on your pattycakes. But remember this NYC is still number 1 for sports..,,,,:)

Let me guess...You're an English professor at Columbia, right?

Look at all the Pat fans throwing stones.

What Edwards did was wrong, but why are all the haters and the media trying to end his career for it?

How many players in the league have done it, and didn't get squat for a first time offense?

Please, stop hating, I know you're all reeling from last Sunday, Edwards is a bonehead, but there are some interesting nuggets coming out of this that suggest something may have been up with the test he took, and the witnesses who were there, he didn't even get pulled over for wreckless driving, and wanted to take a sobriety test.

Bottomline, Edwards is wrong for the bad PR, whether he's innocent or not, need to be careful, he probably should have called for a car, but I have to wonder why his girlfriend is making public comments he didn't do anything, either she's a dumbass, or there is something to it.

Edwards shouldn't be suspended, and he shouldn't be deactivated, Jets are taking the right step in not starting him, and they are actually bounded by the CBA to suspend him, they can't, they also can't deactivate him without retribution from the union, they CAN bench him, and they will, at least to start.

Stop making this bigger than what it is, the media and some of you spouting off are pathetic.

Gotta love the double standard. :rolleyes:

Ronnie Brown, Kareem McKenzie, among others have gotten DUI's within the past few years, none of them were suspended. Yet the media/NFL fans go berserk when a Jet gets busted. Myers and Lupica are huge tools. Huge.

Are you f***ing kidding?

A double standard against the J-E-S-T?

That statement is beyond laughable.

The only tools here are those who post drivel such as that accusation.

What Edwards did was wrong, but why are all the haters and the media trying to end his career for it?

How many players in the league have done it, and didn't get squat for a first time offense?

Please, stop hating, I know you're all reeling from last Sunday, Edwards is a bonehead, but there are some interesting nuggets coming out of this that suggest something may have been up with the test he took, and the witnesses who were there, he didn't even get pulled over for wreckless driving, and wanted to take a sobriety test.

Bottomline, Edwards is wrong for the bad PR, whether he's innocent or not, need to be careful, he probably should have called for a car, but I have to wonder why his girlfriend is making public comments he didn't do anything, either she's a dumbass, or there is something to it.

Edwards shouldn't be suspended, and he shouldn't be deactivated, Jets are taking the right step in not starting him, and they are actually bounded by the CBA to suspend him, they can't, they also can't deactivate him without retribution from the union, they CAN bench him, and they will, at least to start.

Stop making this bigger than what it is, the media and some of you spouting off are pathetic.

Yes, it's getting blown out of proportion. Yes, it's a case of the NFL overstepping what should be the boundaries.

However, this is not Mr. Edwards first time at the rodeo, so let's not play the "first offense" card. It's simply not accurate. He's already had the misdemeanor assault issue.

Yes, it's getting blown out of proportion. Yes, it's a case of the NFL overstepping what should be the boundaries.

However, this is not Mr. Edwards first time at the rodeo, so let's not play the "first offense" card. It's simply not accurate. He's already had the misdemeanor assault issue.

It is most definitely his first offense. You simply don't know the facts. He's on the shelf for a misconduct violation, not a substance abuse violation. Two different policies.

If the jets had any integrity then they bench this clown for a game....but they don't. Fatty Ryan just wants to win, he couldn't care less about his players apparently.

It is most definitely his first offense. You simply don't know the facts. He's on the shelf for a misconduct violation, not a substance abuse violation. Two different policies.

Two different policies.....what a clown.

"Hey, he RAPED somebody last time. This time he KILLED them. Two different policies."

Sit his ass down for a game. For Christ's sake, what's wrong with you people.

A bit of advice for you, pal: DO NOT, under any circumstances, come here and lecture us about being "haters." I've spent time on your message boards -- Jets Insider and The Gang Green -- and almost went brain dead by association reading the vile crap you so-called Jets "fans" vomit about the Patriots, from Kraft on down the line. Your team has collected a lot of bad-character types in a desperate attempt to sell PSLs and deserves whatever criticism comes from that. So either zip it and conduct yourself with respect here, or go home.

Uh....not "policy" violations....CRIMINAL violations....read the link and get it straight....he BROKE the law Tuesday...he BROKE the law in Cleveland...he pled GUILTY and received 18 months probation in a CRIMINAL court In Cleveland and he's just pled innocent in CRIMINAL court to three DUI related offenses....read the TRUE news report

Jets Receiver Braylon Edwards Could Receive Jail Time - WSJ.com

Last edited:
The stupidity of writers when it comes to 'moral'/legal issues regarding athletes never ceases to impress me.
Naturally you have an opinion on that too. Is there no limit to your level of self importance?

Relevant or irrelevant, Edwards has established a history of making stupid decisions. Patriots players or not, if you're found guilty of breaking a law, you serve your punishment, government and league imposed.

It's that simple.

A bit of advice for you, pal: DO NOT, under any circumstances, come here and lecture us about being "haters." I've spent time on your message boards -- Jets Insider and The Gang Green -- and almost went brain dead by association reading the vile crap you so-called Jets "fans" vomit about the Patriots, from Kraft on down the line. Your team has collected a lot of bad-character types in a desperate attempt to sell PSLs and deserves whatever criticism comes from that. So either zip it and conduct yourself with respect here, or go home.

Don't even bother, my man. Let them kill each other in a few weeks...like how "Mangenious" turned into "Mangina" over night. And it's not even how vile they are, but how stupid. Not worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes