PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Myers and Lupica rip Jets in today's NY Daily News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, how are the Yankees and Giants doing?

Don't forget the top notch orginazations of the Mets, Rangers, Islanders, and Knicks.

That's like a who's who of sportsworld crap.

ask Ben Roethlisberger. Clearly its not a requirement.

Different scenario.

He bought underage females drinks and he was seen with his accuser while another case of the same nature is pending.

Edwards is charged with DUI.

A few things to consider:

As pointed out by somebody else, Goodell can use the NFL Personal Conduct Policy to suspend a player, regardless of whether or not he has been convicted or even arrested; see Ben Roethlisberger, for example.

The NFL substance abuse policy doesn't give Goodell as much leeway. i'm not sure if he has to wait for a conviction or if an arrest is enough for him to do something. A big factor is whether or not Edwards had a prior incident under this policy. If he did it would not have been made public so we would not know about it, but if it is his 2nd incident he gets a mandatory suspension rather than just substance abuse intervention.

Third, Edwards did have a misdemeanor charge he pled to early this year. That will result in Goodell having less tolerance for Edwards in terms of a suspension. The other factor is that Edwards was placed on probation for that charge, though I don't know for how long. If he is still on probation then (a) he would face violation of probation charges, which could result in jail time, and/or (b) if that charge included a suspended sentence, then this could trigger him having to serve that time, as opposed to that sentence being suspended.

All this because (a) he didn't take advantage of the free ride program he was offered, (b) he didn't want to spend money on a cab even though he makes $5 million a year, or (c) he didn't just stay in a hotel rather than drive home.

Edwards was fined by the league because of his misdemeanor. The league could have informed him that they will have a zero tolerance policy with him for any other legal infractions.

The stupidity of writers when it comes to 'moral'/legal issues regarding athletes never ceases to impress me.

Gotta love the double standard. :rolleyes:

Ronnie Brown, Kareem McKenzie, among others have gotten DUI's within the past few years, none of them were suspended. Yet the media/NFL fans go berserk when a Jet gets busted. Myers and Lupica are huge tools. Huge.

Last edited:
Gotta love the double standard. :rolleyes:

Ronnie Brown, Kareem McKenzie, among others have gotten DUI's within the past few years, none of them were suspended. Yet the media/NFL fans go berserk when a Jet gets busted. Myers and Lupica are huge tools. Huge.

Criticizing the columnists is a distraction, really. Bottom line, you get busted w/that much booze in your system, the team should sit his ass down for a game. I'm surprised anyone would want to argue the point.

Criticizing the columnists is a distraction, really. Bottom line, you get busted w/that much booze in your system, the team should sit his ass down for a game. I'm surprised anyone would want to argue the point.

My point is this: there was no such backlash for Ronnie Brown and Kareem McKenzie, even Vincent Jackson in the playoffs. None of them were suspended, save for Jackson, who was a repeat offender. There is clearly a double standard, dude. That is my point. The columnists are pathetic.

We all know he was wrong. Maybe we should have not beer selling in all the games. I sure many went behind a wheel after drinking but not drunk. But I bet if you took a breath test you would fail and be DWI Maybe his teammates thought he was ok. I sure that has happen over your life time. Still wrong. So all your pats fans do not drink while in the stadium. ok Or go to a bar and drink. Remember these guys football players... Big guys

I never get behind a wheel if I have had any alcohol. Period. As for the rest of your comments, I admire you for trying to post in English, as it is clearly not your first language.

You're reaching, sir.

Maybe he's implying that Edwards was buying beers during the game; I mean, after all, Sanchez got a hot dog from a vendor on the sidelines and their Coach is always after them to "get a snack."

Just curious, did any of you want Belichick suspended for cheating from 2000-2008?

My point is this: there was no such backlash for Ronnie Brown and Kareem McKenzie, even Vincent Jackson in the playoffs. None of them were suspended, save for Jackson, who was a repeat offender. There is clearly a double standard, dude. That is my point. The columnists are pathetic.

Well, you list 3 players, one of whom was suspended. So it's hardly a slamdunk in terms of precedent.

And Edwards certainly is a "double offender" even if he hasn't gotten caught for a DUI before. Beating up guys who weigh 130 lbs. doesn't really set you up to catch a break because of your sterling character.

But regardless of that--and that's why I said talking about the media is a distraction--sure, guys like Brown should have been suspended too. (Even if by most accounts he DOES have good character, and I'm not sure how drunk he was.) But yeah, suspend them, too. Edwards? That's a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Well, you list 3 players, one of whom was suspended. So it's hardly a slamdunk in terms of precedent.

And Edwards certainly is a "double offender" even if he hasn't gotten caught for a DUI before. Beating up guys who weigh 130 lbs. doesn't really set you up to catch a break because of your sterling character.

But regardless of that--and that's why I said talking about the media is a distraction--sure, guys like Brown should have been suspended too. (Even by most accounts he DOES have good character, and I'm not sure how drunk he was.) But yeah, suspend them, too. Edwards? That's a no-brainer.

I see your point.

I'm not sure you understand how it works.

When you get a DUI, they don't measure how many beers you've had. They measure blood alcohol. 16% of a big guy's blood is the same as 16% of a small guy's blood.

Capisce?

It's actually .16%. If his blood was 16% alcohol, for all practical purposes he'd be embalmed. :)

Last edited:
As a jet fan I want him still play the game. They can do it next week against the bills:rolleyes:. The bottom line is winning. We jets fan will forget this ordeal and move on.

I guess if I was a fan of a franchise that hadn't won anything in 42 years, I'd probably feel the same way...if I had no values at all.

Last edited:
The jets are horrible remember?

LT is washed up
Cromartie stinks
Sanchez is terrible
Jason Taylor is washed up
Rex Ryan can't coach
and on and on and on

Why are you all so worried about Braylon Edwards playing on Sunday, how does he make a terrible team less terrible?

Did Kevin Faulk get suspended for smoking weed?

This is repulsively selfish.

You want him to play and so are willing to completely ignore his criminal offense. Drunk driving is not to be taken lightly, he could easily have killed someone including the 2 Jets in the car with him.

Wow, that comment has the good angel on my right shoulder and the bad angel on my left shoulder shouting at each other.

Good Angel: "You know that it is wrong to wish the deaths of three Jet Players."

Bad Angel: "Don't listen to her. He's an idiot and they were idiots to get in the car with him. Good riddance to all three, I say."

What's more telling is that Ferguson and Gholston were in the vehicle with him. They are just as stupid for getting in the car with him after he'd been drinking. Granted, they could have been drinking also, but it's no excuse.

Yeah, maybe Edwards, at .16% Blood Alcohol, was the Designated Driver and twice as sober as the others.

I have always been a firm believer that alcoholic beverages, of any kind, should never be sold at sporting events. There is no redeeming quality to them and all they do, in the end, is have negative consequences, from spilling beer on kids, to foul language and to fights and brawls in the stands.

I see absolutely no logical reason why anyone needs to fill up on alcohol just to have a good time at a game. Obviously, it impairs their viewing of the game, too.

People pay good money to see a game, many bring their kids, wives, girlfriends...and do not need their day ruined by some drunk sitting near them.

Sorry if any of you disagree, but that has always been my opinion.

"All things in moderation," my friend. I enjoy nothing more than a hot dog and a beer at a game and don't have to "fill up on alcohol" to get that enjoyment. Not all people who enjoy a beer or ****tail at a sporting event are alcoholics or morons.

Different scenario.

He bought underage females drinks and he was seen with his accuser while another case of the same nature is pending.

Edwards is charged with DUI.

but he was never convicted.

We all know he was wrong. Maybe we should have not beer selling in all the games. I sure many went behind a wheel after drinking but not drunk. But I bet if you took a breath test you would fail and be DWI Maybe his teammates thought he was ok. I sure that has happen over your life time. Still wrong. So all your pats fans do not drink while in the stadium. ok Or go to a bar and drink. Remember these guys football players... Big guys

Pretty sure he blew a .15. Not even close to legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back