PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

my pledge if games are missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second they come back I'll be watching again. I'll watch a bunch of Kardashians running around wearing Patriots uniforms if that's what it takes.

The second they come back I'll be watching again. I'll watch a bunch of Kardashians running around naked if that's what it takes.

fixed the last post for you...:D

3) Not buying any products of ANY NFL sponsor is absurd. Not only would that be a tough thing to keep track of, but you'd probably have to change your entire lifestyle.

That's what I was thinking. Not to rip on the OP but it seems to me it would be difficult not to buy any product that sponsors the NFL. For example, the Pats' "Official" car/truck sponsor is Ford, while the Packers' is Chevrolet, and I'm sure there's a team or two that has Dodge as theirs. So you could go buy a Honda or Toyota, but there's probably... well, you get the picture.

Further, the main way to keep track of said sponsors would be to watch the games, which as you pointed out would still contribute to the league's coffers.

I do however think that if enough people quit buying tickets, merchandise, etc. the league would notice. MLB sure did.

These idle threats are nothing more than a temper tantrum. You may not know that you'll return, but the NFL knows...you WILL be back. They're the only girl in town.

You don't know me (or others) very well. I can hold a grudge a VERY long time. And I will NOT buy NFL merchandise if a game is missed. Write it down in ink.

But that means nothing. I could say the same thing....I never buy ANY gear.

I pledge to totally ignore the cheerleaders unless they are in their Halloween costumes.

This pledge has the same shot of being fulfilled as my New Years resolutions.

These idle threats are nothing more than a temper tantrum. You may not know that you'll return, but the NFL knows...you WILL be back. They're the only girl in town.

I'm not going anywhere.......they just won't get a dime from me......I can watch them for free and that's all that counts......if I have to pay, I will do something else......

I have a fair amount of nfl products between me and my kids.

oh I'll still WATCH football......I just ain't buying it

I have already somehow managed to reconcile myself to giving money to the NFL even though, in principle, I don't think it's right to pay people to give themselves brain damage, osteoarthritis, and a significant reduction in the duration of their lives, no matter how well you pay them for it up front. I understand that the players know (some of) the risks involved and can make their own decisions, but I don't like the idea that it's in part my money that's being dangled in front of impoverished youngsters to get them to hurt themselves.

Compared to that, any principled indignation I might feel over the avarice on display over the NFL's proceeds feels kind of trivial.

That's just how I feel, though - I don't expect anyone else to agree.

That's why I made the point earlier that only a casual fan would abandon the NFL because of this.

Only a passionate fan would be so upset to consider abandonment if games are missed. Except....passionate fans are too passionate to stay away. Casual fans won't get worked up in the first place. my prediction: NOBODY stays away.

Business is business and it is important for the future of the NFL to get it right. I will watch replays on the NFL channel until they come back ... there are other sports for now - I am a 4 sport homer anyways.

Business is business and it is important for the future of the NFL to get it right. I will watch replays on the NFL channel until they come back ... there are other sports for now - I am a 4 sport homer anyways.

I am also a 4 sport homer. I don't believe it could be any other way. However I am a bandwagon New England college homer. I like BC, BU, UConn and any other college that is doing well in the area. I will switch allegiances easily depending on who is winning. I'm a big time frozen four fan since it seems Boston has grown to be a part of it every year lately. Beanpot tournament is also a hoot.

I'll get by I'm sure. If it goes the whole season, my son and I will probably be professional snow boarders by the time the following season rolls around.;)

Only a passionate fan would be so upset to consider abandonment if games are missed. Except....passionate fans are too passionate to stay away. Casual fans won't get worked up in the first place. my prediction: NOBODY stays away.

There are lots of predictions and obviously it's tough to say anything with any certainty. But I'm pretty sure you're wrong that NOBODY will stay away. At least a few people will be turned off. Some may not stay away forever, but I'm pretty sure there will be a few here and there.

And as I mentioned before, if it goes on for a while or gets ugly enough to the point that it impacts a decent portion of the fan base for 2 or 3 years, that could cause a serious problem for the players and owners in the next round of TV contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft