PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My knock on Maroney and the offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I seriously consider BB visually looking at the player and choosing him for his eyeball performance, not his paper performance. Yes sir I certainly do.
Not even close.
O.K., Now I will end this conversation on a high note. If BB drafted a QB in the 6th round in 2000 on stats, a certain Quarterback would not be drafted by the Pats...We done now about stats?
DW Toys

You are dead wrong. The Pats have a statistic for everything - including QB wins and performance under game pressure, as well as good/bad throws, decisions, mental mistakes, and myriads other minutia. That is what they go by when making decisions, not eyeball or gut feels.

I may never have read a more wrong statement by a Pats fan on this board. You have alot of reading to do to get to anywhere close to how the Pats actually operate.

You are dead wrong. The Pats have a statistic for everything - including QB wins and performance under game pressure, as well as good/bad throws, decisions, mental mistakes, and myriads other minutia. That is what they go by when making decisions, not eyeball or gut feels.

I may never have read a more wrong statement by a Pats fan on this board. You have alot of reading to do to get to anywhere close to how the Pats actually operate.

now you've done it. He'll be calling you Simon, or cousin soon :D

No I don't. I like the kid. I have never said BJGE.
He has just been frustrating. Would I take Moreno or the like instead? Probably.
Just one mans opinion. I have never said I did not like the kid. He is just not a first round value.
Please do not throw stats at me. I will throw them back. Do you think BB gives a darn about stats? You are right. It's how he plays.
DW Toys

The part in bold is why you can't be taken seriously. Its clear that you never read Management Secrets of the New England Patriots because Belichick is all about stats. Situational Stats. How a person plays gets translated into stats. BB could care less if player racks up 200 tackles a year in college if all those tackles are 7-10 yards (or more) downfield.

now you've done it. He'll be calling you Simon, or cousin soon :D

Well, he won't call him Simon because that's what he called me. Now he calls me "Mr.S" cause he's been warned about antagonizing people. What's funny is that he actually thinks the change will not get him in trouble.

I have read Maroney is made of glass on this forum.

I've read Addai has become little more than a candy ass complimentary back who can't hold Edge's jock over on your home board ICSB...

I've read Addai has become little more than a candy ass complimentary back who can't hold Edge's jock over on your home board ICSB...

I have heard the same thing as of late and the Colts may pick up a RB on day one this year. The pieces are starting to crumble around Peyton....or I hope they do.

I have heard the same thing as of late and the Colts may pick up a RB on day one this year. The pieces are starting to crumble around Peyton....or I hope they do.

Unfortunately, very few of the pieces around Peyton even matter.

Unfortunately, very few of the pieces around Peyton even matter.

You did not see the difference in Peyton when you saw Saturday out of the line up at the beginning of last year? When Addai went out for two games last year and they lost those two games to GB and Tenn. What about when Harrison went out two years ago? The next three games he threw 3TD's and 8 int. Peyton is great trust me but he cannot be a one man show every game he does not some "pieces" to be successful:).

While after some games against him I have your viewpoint totally I just hope that Peyton will retire soon and get into coaching;)

Last edited:
You did not see the difference in Peyton when you saw Saturday out of the line up at the beginning of last year? When Addai went out for two games last year and they lost those two games to GB and Tenn. What about when Harrison went out two years ago? The next three games he threw 3TD's and 8 int. Peyton is great trust me but he cannot be a one man show every game he does not some "pieces" to be successful:).

While after some games against him I have your viewpoint totally I just hope that Peyton will retire soon and get into coaching;)

Saturday wasn't the problem, Peyton's knee was. His inability to avoid pressure was what was causing the problems.

They lost to GB and Tenn because both were good teams. The offense was fine.

Saturday wasn't the problem, Peyton's knee was. His inability to avoid pressure was what was causing the problems.

They lost to GB and Tenn because both were good teams. The offense was fine.

I've seen them struggle when Peyton was on two good knees. His inability to pivot and deliver the sweep toss was a problem early on. He was fine after a few games. But other issues remained. They got lucky when a couple of teams handed them victory out of the jaws of defeat.

GB was a good team? That must be a heck of a curve you're grading on if 22nd in points allowed, .500 at home, 6-10 overall finishing 3rd in a weak division is a good team.

I've seen them struggle when Peyton was on two good knees. His inability to pivot and deliver the sweep toss was a problem early on. He was fine after a few games. But other issues remained. They got lucky when a couple of teams handed them victory out of the jaws of defeat.

GB was a good team? That must be a heck of a curve you're grading on if 22nd in points allowed, .500 at home, 6-10 overall finishing 3rd in a weak division is a good team.

You mean, like NE losing to SD last year? bad games happen. Don't forget, they went 11-5 with a terrible defense, so its hard to think that peyton was that bad.

The part in bold is why you can't be taken seriously. Its clear that you never read Management Secrets of the New England Patriots because Belichick is all about stats. Situational Stats. How a person plays gets translated into stats. BB could care less if player racks up 200 tackles a year in college if all those tackles are 7-10 yards (or more) downfield.

IMO, this needs clarification.
There is absolutely no doubt BB studies stats. Maybe in greater detail than anyone else.
However, he does not look at stats as the sole evaluation of a player.
BB is also reknowned as the king of film study.

IMO, the reality is that BB relies on stats to give him a picture of how a player performed. Overall, it situations, etc. But he will watch the player play to fully assess his ability. There is no question that stats can mislead. Especially college stats which can't account for the level of competition can't assess if you are only good against weak players/teams or consistent. Stats can give you an impression, or tell you what to look for.
Just as DW Toys saying BB doesnt care about stats is ludicrous to say he only cares about stats and lets stats alone form his judgment of a player is just as ludicrous.

There is absolutely no doubt BB studies stats. Maybe in greater detail than anyone else.

IMO, the reality is that BB relies on stats to give him a picture of how a player performed. Overall, it situations, etc. But he will watch the player play to fully assess his ability. There is no question that stats can mislead. Especially college stats which can't account for the level of competition can't assess if you are only good against weak players/teams or consistent. Stats can give you an impression, or tell you what to look for.
Just as DW Toys saying BB doesnt care about stats is ludicrous to say he only cares about stats and lets stats alone form his judgment of a player is just as ludicrous.
right on Andy!
Very accurate

The difference is that, as far as I can recall, nobody here said that he cares only about stats and lets stats alone form his judgment.

Yep, I seriously consider BB visually looking at the player and choosing him for his eyeball performance, not his paper performance. Yes sir I certainly do.
Not even close.
O.K., Now I will end this conversation on a high note. If BB drafted a QB in the 6th round in 2000 on stats, a certain Quarterback would not be drafted by the Pats...We done now about stats?
DW Toys

There is no difference between 'eyeball performanace' and 'paper performance', its 2 different VIEWS of the same performance.
You make it sound like someone with good stats is bad because good play and good stats are contradictory.
The fact is that good play PRODUCES good stats. There is no doubt that you have to look inside the stats, but stats are very useful in assessing a player, just as personally viewing them is.
No, your argument is hollow. Saying you want to see a player play rather than solely look at stats does nothing to prove that stats have no value.

The difference is that, as far as I can recall, nobody here said that he cares only about stats and lets stats alone form his judgment.

No but the argument was:

A) He doesnt care about stats only what he sees personally

and the the responses were all about how much he focusses on stats.

No but the argument was:

A) He doesnt care about stats only what he sees personally

and the the responses were all about how much he focusses on stats.

A says "never happens" (a/k/a doesn't give a darn), so B points out times when it happens (a/k/a evidence that he does give a darn). That's basic debate. Still, nobody claimed BB was all stats, all the time.

Ditto. Nationally people still talk about Addai as if he is a stud RB eventhough since he played the Patriots in November of 2007, he has only had a game where he rushed for over 80 yards just once (in a year and a half). The guy had more games last year where he rushed for under 3 YPC (5, with three of them under 2 YPC) than more than 4 ypc (3). When Rhodes was on the team, Addai wasn't even the best RB on their team by the end of the year.

Addai seems to have become too timid and shellshocked. That was a fear about the guy when he was coming out of college.

You mean, like NE losing to SD last year? bad games happen. Don't forget, they went 11-5 with a terrible defense, so its hard to think that peyton was that bad.

Still at least as good as Cassel I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes