PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss trade done. Is the 2010 season over?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the 2010 season over?

• Yes, the season is over.

Votes: 49 23.4%
  • No, it isn't.

Votes: 160 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see how the team responds the remainder of the season. I feel like they play a lot better when they have something to play for like proving people wrong. This Monday Night was a prime example of this, they were doubted all week long, and they played probably their best game of the season. I hadn't seen that much emotion from Brady since prior to the injury and I dont know when the last time was that I saw BB as animated as he was after the game high fiving everyone on the team. The last time I saw that I think was the week after Spygate when the Pats played the Chargers.

Yes. I want to see how the Patriots play in 1.5wks from now, the Ravens. This will set the tone for the season...

I voted yes, it's over. I hope all the fans that agree with me will go away now and come back next year. Or the year after that.

So, you are saying that it took all these years for opposing defense to figure Moss out. It took that '07 season for teams to finally stick a nail in Moss' 1 trick pony coffin.

OK, pal :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want. I already know your football IQ is lying on the floor somewhere. When a player plays with a new team there are new strategies to be to be made when game planing. This is prob why if Minn. has a halfway decent offense coordinator they should be tearing it up this year while teams figure out the best way to play against their new offense.

#1 Moss came from Oakland everyone thought he was finished

#2 Moss had a chip on his shoulder and was playing with passion.. something he hasn't done since 2007

#3 Teams were getting burned BAD by compensating by doubling Moss because Welker was emerging that same year as an equally devastating threat.

#4 He has already slowed down and lost the chip on his shoulder.. he was reverting into his cancerous personality with declining skills and a declining passion to play for this team.

It took more then a full season of watching and copying/tweaking other teams failed strategy of taking down the powerhouse that emerged that year but yes I hate to break it to you. Teams figured out how to game plan around it and guess what the Patriots couldn't do? They couldn't change their game plan because their #1 threat can only do what he does best.. he is absolutely terrible at everything else.

1) He blocks like a sleep walking zombie

2) He runs intermediate routes like he is jogging around a track only getting open when he catches the D sleeping thinking he is going long.

3) He can't take a hit so he can't take a quick hook or go over the middle

4) He takes a good 40 yards before he is up to full speed :eek:

How do you tell someone like that to do something other then the 1 thing he does good? You don't.. which is why we have fallen into the Randy trap that has occurred.

Is he good? Yeah he is very good at one thing which has been slowly declining.... do we need someone that can only do this one thing? Or would we be better off with an all around type WR that is a first down machine or at least producing an option of a first down without having to throw 30+ yards.. It'd be nice to have all our starting WR's as potential first down threats instead of low percentage malcontent home run hitters...

Last edited:
Yet another exhaustive thread I will not bother to read... Hellsno!!!

We are free! Finally! Tom will again find his favorite reciever!!! (the open one)

This offense just got deadly. In a long drive to make the opposing D mad kinda way. I got wood.

Sorry. Just finally stating opinion,and not fact.

But still...

WOOD.

Wow, people have voted "yes"?

I don't agree with the trade, but it's too early to give up hope.

I just saw Deion on NFL Network talk about the reason why the Pats made this trade was because we basically conceded that there was no way we win the SB this year. He's an analyst on NFL Network and he certainly is entitled to his own opinion, but to see that as of right now 25% of the voters voted that the season is over is pretty shocking.

I'm actually surprised it's that low :bricks:

I'm actually surprised it's that low :bricks:

We still have Brady and Belichick. I'm disappointed that people have voted "yes"....

Roll your eyes all you want. I already know your football IQ is lying on the floor somewhere. When a player plays with a new team there are new strategies to be to be made when game planing. This is prob why if Minn. has a halfway decent offense coordinator they should be tearing it up this year while teams figure out the best way to play against their new offense.

#1 Moss came from Oakland everyone thought he was finished

#2 Moss had a chip on his shoulder and was playing with passion.. something he hasn't done since 2007

#3 Teams were getting burned BAD by compensating by doubling Moss because Welker was emerging that same year as an equally devastating threat.

#4 He has already slowed down and lost the chip on his shoulder.. he was reverting into his cancerous personality with declining skills and a declining passion to play for this team.

It took more then a full season of watching and copying/tweaking other teams failed strategy of taking down the powerhouse that emerged that year but yes I hate to break it to you. Teams figured out how to game plan around it and guess what the Patriots couldn't do? They couldn't change their game plan because their #1 threat can only do what he does best.. he is absolutely terrible at everything else.

1) He blocks like a sleep walking zombie

2) He runs intermediate routes like he is jogging around a track only getting open when he catches the D sleeping thinking he is going long.

3) He can't take a hit so he can't take a quick hook or go over the middle

4) He takes a good 40 yards before he is up to full speed :eek:

How do you tell someone like that to do something other then the 1 thing he does good? You don't.. which is why we have fallen into the Randy trap that has occurred.

Is he good? Yeah he is very good at one thing which has been slowly declining.... do we need someone that can only do this one thing? Or would we be better off with an all around type WR that is a first down machine or at least producing an option of a first down without having to throw 30+ yards.. It'd be nice to have all our starting WR's as potential first down threats instead of low percentage malcontent home run hitters...

Look it. Moss scored 24 TD's (11 and 13) in the two seasons after you said the league figured out how to stop his 1 trick pony shtick. And one of these 2 seasons was with Cassel as his QB.

Moss has been scoring TD's at a prolific pace since he came into the league.

No matter how many times you say it to yourself in an attempt to make it true, the league has yet to figure out how to stop Randy Moss.

The problem is our play caller doesn't know how to properly use him. Even in the limited times he was used, Moss scored 3 TD's. Projected over a 16 game season that's 12 TD's or 1 less TD scored than every WR in the league last year not named Fitzgerald.

Debate all you want but at least be reasonable and don't let your bias against a player get in the way of your objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST