PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brisset is perfect QB to mentor Maye

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
They have very similar playing styles. Also Brisset knows his role and will not whine. Good guy, great character.
Because they have similar playing styles, Maye makes the most sense as the pick at 3, even if Daniels is available.
No guarantee of success but definitely a shot worth taking.
I doubt the Vikings or Giants will pony up enough to make a trade worthwhile.
Let me be the first to say...Welcome to NE Drake.

Last edited:
Man I hope Maye is the pick at 3.

If we get a QB at 3 do you think we can still get a tackle like Alt? If not I almost would want to get a guy like Alt first as that would make it easier to field a greater choice of QB's.

Last edited:
yeah, brisket worked wonders in DC last year, didn't he? Second year man Sam Howell just exploded with mediocrity under his guidance... Really heart warming story of the grizzled vet making an impact... that really gives me hope

/S

yeah, brisket worked wonders in DC last year, didn't he? Second year man Sam Howell just exploded with mediocrity under his guidance... Really heart warming story of the grizzled vet making an impact... that really gives me hope

/S
Another UNC QB to boot! Our stock will rise HIGH!

A journeyman QB with a losing career record is not a good mentor for any QB.

A journeyman QB with a losing career record is not a good mentor for any QB.
That’s being awfully harsh.
Unlike say a Aaron Rodgers, Jacoby is content and fine with developing a young rookie QB, and embraces what Mayo and Wolf are trying to build,
Maye vs McCarthy at 3 or a trade down.

If you trade down don’t do it past 10.

Brissett is a nice guy who works hard. That is it. He's never had a winning record as a starter in any season and he's the definition of a mediocre back up who you only put in to get your team to limp by and finish out the year if you are in a tough spot at QB.

If we get a QB at 3 do you think we can still get a tackle like Alt? If not I almost would want to get a guy like Alt first as that would make it easier to field a greater choice of QB's.
The only tackle in this draft like Alt is Alt and no, we don't get him at #34 if we take a QB at #3.

He ain't even going to be available at #11 if we trade with the Vikes.

That’s being awfully harsh.
Unlike say a Aaron Rodgers, Jacoby is content and fine with developing a young rookie QB, and embraces what Mayo and Wolf are trying to build,
Maye vs McCarthy at 3 or a trade down.

If you trade down don’t do it past 10.
He's content because he's just happy to be there and get an NFL salary, he knows he's not winning ****. Rodgers isn't interested in being a mentor because he is trying to get back to a Super Bowl and helping a younger guy doesn't aid that cause.

He's content because he's just happy to be there and get an NFL salary, he knows he's not winning ****. Rodgers isn't interested in being a mentor because he is trying to get back to a Super Bowl and helping a younger guy doesn't aid that cause.
Correct hence he’s the better one to help develop a rookie QB, and he’s a selfless team guy.

They have very similar playing styles. Also Brisset knows his role and will not whine. Good guy, great character.
I agree completely!
Brissett had a great reputation as a teammate, he can help a 21-year-old adjust to the NFL and to do everything that comes with it. These kids have a major life change in addition to becoming professionals. Having someone like Brissett to work with day after day will help them learn faster.

No QB is going to mentor a young QB to become a superstar, they obviously need the talent, but you can absolutely set back a rookie QB by having a poor dynamic in the QB room.

/S
Not sure what you are talking about. First of all Howell outperformed preseason expectations. Secondly they had little offensive talent just like Patriots.

Brissett will serve as a great example for toughness, character and competitiveness

Not sure what you are talking about. First of all Howell outperformed preseason expectations. Secondly they had little offensive talent just like Patriots.

Brissett will serve as a great example for toughness, character and competitiveness
If what you say is true, then Washington wouldn't be taking a QB in the 2 spot.

Correct hence he’s the better one to help develop a rookie QB, and he’s a selfless team guy.
Going to lead by example? Going to show the rookie how many hours it takes? Or show them how much effort is needed to just make do?

Unfortunately, we don't have a driven to succeed veteran in the QB room. We have a journeyman who is a career back up/ spot starter. That's not the role model id be bragging about

He's the more willing guy. That doesn't mean he's someone that has remotely the pedigree to be a mentor. No offense, but this isn't Tom Brady coming in under Drew Bledsoe. Almost no high level QB is going to come into the league and think much of Brissett and see him as someone to emulate.

Brissett isn't someone who has what it takes to succeed in the NFL as a starter, he can't teach a young player that.

Also, frankly, Brissett isn't a veteran here. He played one season for us 8 years ago and has been bouncing around the league for the last 7. The 2016 team isn't here. He will have no more pedigree and credibility with the locker room than the rookie QB and the players are likely going to lean towards whoever they think they can win with (which Brissett isn't unless the rookie has big issues). He's a nice guy that can play for you in a pinch. That's really it.

h
He's the more willing guy. That doesn't mean he's someone that has remotely the pedigree to be a mentor. No offense, but this isn't Tom Brady coming in under Drew Bledsoe. Almost no high level QB is going to come into the league and think much of Brissett and see him as someone to emulate.

Brissett isn't someone who has what it takes to succeed in the NFL as a starter, he can't teach a young player that.

Also, frankly, Brissett isn't a veteran here. He played one season for us 8 years ago and has been bouncing around the league for the last 7. The 2016 team isn't here. He will have no more pedigree and credibility with the locker room than the rookie QB and the players are likely going to lean towards whoever they think they can win with (which Brissett isn't unless the rookie has big issues). He's a nice guy that can play for you in a pinch. That's really it.
He’s familiar with AVPs system and will know the offense and what AVP expects.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back