PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Contract: 1 year/$3,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can not renegotiate a 2 year contract into a 1 year contract.

Is this your opinion??

Or is it a fact based on a quote from the CBA??

Is this your opinion??

Or is it a fact based on a quote from the CBA??
Miguel -
Do you know something from the CBA that says otherwise? If so, please share it...

Miguel -
Do you know something from the CBA that says otherwise? If so, please share it...

Do you know something from the CBA that says that a player can not agree to reduce his contract??If so, please share it.....

Do you know something from the CBA that says that a player can not agree to reduce his contract??If so, please share it.....

Miguel -
I wasn't weighing in one way or the other. However, the way you kept asking was as if you KNEW something from the CBA that said otherwise.

Miguel -
I wasn't weighing in one way or the other. However, the way you kept asking was as if you KNEW something from the CBA that said otherwise.

I can't prove a negative.

R_T26's post implies that somewhere in the CBA there is a clause that prohibits players from agreeing to shorten their deal. I have never seen one in the CBA. I can't prove that one does not exist. I am asking R_T26 if he can prove that one does exist.

I can't prove a negative.

R_T26's post implies that somewhere in the CBA there is a clause that prohibits players from agreeing to shorten their deal. I have never seen one in the CBA. I can't prove that one does not exist. I am asking R_T26 if he can prove that one does exist.

Miguel -
All you had to say was that, from what you have read, you've never seen one mentioned in the CBA. Your reputation for the CAP and understanding of the CBA is enough for most people, including myself.

And, actually, you COULD prove one doesn't exist by linking the CBA in a post and pointing out the sections that talk about restructuring contracts.

Just got confirmation from Reiss that it is indeed a 1 year deal.

Just got confirmation from Reiss that it is indeed a 1 year deal.

That's exactly why Moss agreed to the reduction. He won''t make it all back, EVER, but he's banking on a huge huge season, and if he comes through, the Patriots will shell out $8 for him next year I bet.

That's exactly why Moss agreed to the reduction. He won''t make it all back, EVER, but he's banking on a huge huge season, and if he comes through, the Patriots will shell out $8 for him next year I bet.

Now that does not make any sense at all. Why didn't he keep the original deal that would have paid him $20 mil over the next two yrs if money was his motivation. We don't know what his intentions are but that would be the last guess I would make.

his pay cut makes this trade look THAT much better.

It makes the trade much more economically feasible for the Pats, and it shows Moss's committment to a winning program.

Tomase VS Reiss...and the winner, as usual MIKE REISS!!! Best of what's around this area when it comes to reporting facts about our NE Patriots.

Not this time around. Tomase was the winner.

It is unfortunate that a poster who did not provide any facts to support his contention has somewhat lessened the moment for Tomase.

Tomase has been too busy obcessing about Moss' timed speed to ask an intelligent question when he had the chance.

Tomase was too busy getting the facts of the deal correct.

Nice cheapshot, though.

I don't have any of this vitriol for Tomase that so many here seem to harbor. Yeah, he got off to a bit of a shaky start at the Herald with a few Felger-esque columns, but he's been spot on since then.

Now that Curran is gone from the local scene, Reiss is the top dog. I don't think anyone disputes that. But Tomase is no slouch. He knows his stuff and has good sources.

It is unfortunate that a poster who did not provide any facts to support his contention has somewhat lessened the moment for Tomase.

I didn't know he needed a moment but it is touching nevertheless......

Miguel -
Do you have confirmation that its only a 1 year deal? (like from the NFLPA website).

Miguel -
Do you have confirmation that its only a 1 year deal? (like from the NFLPA website).

I have as much confirmation as those who took cheapshots at Tomase. Why do you ask only me to provide facts?? Why do you not ask others???

It is not only Tomase who is reporting that it is a one-year deal. It is also ProFootballTalk.Com and Reiss in today's Journal Inquirer (a Connecticut newspaper).,

I have as much confirmation as those who took cheapshots at Tomase. Why do you ask only me to provide facts?? Why do you not ask others???

It is not only Tomase who is reporting that it is a one-year deal. It is also ProFootballTalk.Com and Reiss in today's Journal Inquirer (a Connecticut newspaper).,

Gee, Miguel. Maybe because YOU have access to the NFLPA website and regularly go there to update your cap page. You are considered to be the Cap GURU. And if ANYONE would know the details, you would. Sorry if you think its some sort of accusation or something. It was just an honest friggin question.

BTW, Tomase is as much of a hack as Borges. Always has been. And he has no credibility with me. Neither does ProFootballTalk.com. They are a rumor mill that is usually behind or doesn't get it right. Sorry that I went to a source that I consider reliable when it comes to the salary cap.

Do you have a link to the Reiss article that you said was in the Journal Inquirer? Or was it only in their hard copy edition? I looked online and there was nothing I could find from Reiss there. I even used their internal search engine to search for Reiss and it came up empty.

Last edited:
Im not against Tomase , but he seems to be more Red Sox ala Nick Cafardo.. With that said, he gets a little to much flack, but still perfer Reiss anyday of the week. Paul Perilo would have made a better Pats Herald beat writer.

Gee, Miguel. Maybe because YOU have access to the NFLPA website and regularly go there to update your cap page.

I have no more access to the NFLPA page than you do.

Sorry if you think its some sort of accusation or something.
It was just an honest friggin question.

Fair enough. It just seems strange to me that I am asked to back up my statements when others on this board provide misinformation and is immediately accepted.

Do you have a link to the Reiss article that you said was in the Journal Inquirer? Or was it only in their hard copy edition? I looked online and there was nothing I could find from Reiss there. I even used their internal search engine to search for Reiss and it came up empty.

All I can say is that I read the JI yesterday. I never read the online version of the JI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back