PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Contract: 1 year/$3,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a 1 year deal, reiss said his salary for this year is 3 mill, you can not renegotiate a 2 year contract into a 1 year contract.

Tomase VS Reiss...and the winner, as usual MIKE REISS!!! Best of what's around this area when it comes to reporting facts about our NE Patriots.

From the Globe:

Moss underwent a physical this morning in Foxborough. He agreed to restructure and/or extend his contract to consummate the deal. He was due base salaries of $9.25 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. The contract he agreed to with the Patriots reduced his pay for 2007 to $3 million.

A fourth-rounder and $3M for Moss? You've gotta be kidding me. That's highway robbery. :D

Its not a 1 year deal, reiss said his salary for this year is 3 mill, you can not renegotiate a 2 year contract into a 1 year contract.

Where in the CBA does it say that??

Reducing his salary by that much is an incredible gesture by Moss.

So have the Feds put out the warret for BB and SP yet Holy crap

A lot of good publicity was given to Bruschi and Brady for taking less to be Patriots, but Randy Moss just gave up more than they gave up combined.

Branch for Moss and a #1 pick

Wow.....

You know what does worry me some though? That gives us 3 WRs who are basically playing in a contract year (Moss, Donte', and Washington). They'll all want to get their catches and get their numbers. That could cause problems.

Wow.....

You know what does worry me some though? That gives us 3 WRs who are basically playing in a contract year (Moss, Donte', and Washington). They'll all want to get their catches and get their numbers. That could cause problems.

They all took less to come here. If they were truly concerned about money and numbers, Stallworth would have signed with Tennessee, Washington would have signed with Miami, and Moss would have wanted to have gone to Green Bay.

Last edited:
I guess some of us just have to have something to worry about...:rolleyes:

I said a while ago he'd have to agree to play for less than what Deion Branch was making. I guess he is as motivated as they said he is.

Branch for Moss and a #1 pick

I gotta believe BB is secretly patting himself on the back for the way the Branch trade is developing. Sure, the lost season had a major cost...but the fact that Moss arrives with a short term restructured contract vs. Branch's $37 mill haul must be most satisfying. Nice job Pats.

Tomase VS Reiss...and the winner, as usual MIKE REISS!!! Best of what's around this area when it comes to reporting facts about our NE Patriots.

Tomase has been too busy obcessing about Moss' timed speed to ask an intelligent question when he had the chance.

They all took less to come here. If they were truly concerned about money and numbers, Stallworth would have signed with Tennessee, Washington would have signed with Miami, and Moss would have wanted to have gone to Green Bay.

This is true. Don't get me wrong....I love the weapons we have now. I'm just thinking that it might be a case of too many chefs. Just playing devil's advocate.

Regardless....I'm confident Brady will find a way to get all these guys more than enough opportunities to catch the ball.

Not too many players would tear up a 20million dollar contract to go play for a championship. Moss is making as much as Kyle Brady now.

With all the WR weapons @ Tom's disposal, I just hope
the Offensive-Line does their job and give enough time
for Tom to throw down the field to the WR's..

Going 3 and 4 wide....Welker is going to have a field day

Is this a restruture of 2007 only? Does Moss still have 2 yrs remaining on his contract or is it now a new 1-yr deal? It looks like Reiss believes it's only a restucture or extension not a new 1-yr deal as reported elsewhere.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/04/29/patriots_acquire_moss/

Moss underwent a physical this morning in Foxborough. He agreed to restructure and/or extend his contract to consummate the deal. He was due base salaries of $9.25 million in 2007 and $11.25 million in 2008. The contract he agreed to with the Patriots reduced his pay for 2007 to $3 million.

Moss takes 6 million dollar pay cut for 07

That is shocking!

Patriots acquire Randy Moss from Oakland
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff | April 29, 2007

Moss held a conference call with the New England media this afternoon.

"I don't think you all understand how excited I am to be a part of this organization," Moss told the media. "I think [New England's] record and what they're about speaks massive volumes. I'm just very, very happy to find some happiness and getting back to what I love to do -- that's play football and going out there and [competing]."

"I think over the course of my career, I've made a lot of money," said Moss. "I still have money in the bank. By me coming to an organization such as the New England Patriots, why would money be a factor?"

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Moss enters his 10th NFL season after having played for the Vikings (1998-2004) and Raiders (2005-2006). He had a career-low 42 catches for 553 yards and three touchdowns last season as the Raiders struggled to a 2-14 record, and is said to be motivated to join a winning program.

The acquisition of Moss continues the team's offseason makeover at the position. The Patriots traded for Wes Welker and signed Donte' Stallworth and Kelley Washington in free agency.

Second-year player Chad Jackson, who is recovering from a torn ACL sustained in the AFC Championship game Jan. 21, is also part of the mix. The team also has Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney returning, in addition to longer shots Bam Childress, Kelvin Kight and Jonathan Smith competing for roster spots. Veteran Troy Brown, who is recovering from offseason knee surgery, could also be part of the mix. He remains a free agent.

Moss would project as a starter at one of the team's outside receiver spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back