PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mort says it's "not the right time" to discuss the deflategate controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, agreed. Most people have the grace not to be overtly negative to someone seriously ill--you know, there for the grace of, etc.

But if you're going to put yourself out there, do interviews, whatever, then don't start babbling about 4 hour blocks. As you said, that's weak.

He needs to leave the country :p

I'm sorry he's seriously ill, but I still feel incredible antipathy toward him. Hey, anyone can get used as he did by Kensil but that douche and his ***hole network left that thing up on their website many months after they learned it was BS. He, and they, intentionally defamed a guy who had never done or said a f###### thing to harm or insult him or them. To this day, there has never been an apology or explanation as to why they did that to a guy who didn't deserve it, a guy who plays in a league populated by ***holes like Manziel, and even worse in the past, Ray Lewis, Aaron Hernandez, Rae Carruth, et al. I feel badly he has cancer, and I mean that, but f### him and his employer.

It's hard not to forget the Deflategate nonsense as we are reminded of it while TB12 serves his 4 game suspension. We'll even be reminded of it next spring in the draft where they lose a 4th rounder. Sorry, but three years of unjust and over-the-top punishments stem partly from this guy being a crappy journalist. Not rejoicing in this guys poor health, but I think it's ok to still be pissed off at him.

Last edited:
@Wheelman do you still want Mort dead?

LOL

Mort thinks of himself as a highly religious person. So I hope he comes clean before meeting God for his own sake.

@Wheelman do you still want Mort dead?

LOL

I didn't read this thread. I haven't read this thread. I'm not going to read this thread. But come on man. I never said I wanted Chris Mortensen dead. I said I couldn't care less if he did. That's a distinct difference.

I didn't read this thread. I haven't read this thread. I'm not going to read this thread. But come on man. I never said I wanted Chris Mortensen dead. I said I couldn't care less if he did. That's a distinct difference.

I thought it was you that said you want Mort dead. I thought it was funny.

Moving on...

everyone, let's call him "chris", "mortensen", or "chris mortensen". mort in french literally translates to "dead man".
Well, it actually translates to "death." With "homme" it could mean "dead man."

This is a family site, so no talking about "La petite mort." :)

I wish him well and hope he survives cancer ... not in media he seems like a nice guy.

I really don't care what he has to say about it anymore ... would not believe him anyways.

I still will always view him as a spineless media douchebag.
Anything he says via the media mouthpieces is no longer credible.

He's never telling the truth. which is a shame. but I wish him well in his treatment.

Well, it actually translates to "death." With "homme" it could mean "dead man."
i admit i'm not a french speaker, but the collins french-english dictionary lists it as a definition:

English Translation of “Mort 1” | Collins French-English Dictionary

masculine noun, feminine noun
  1. (= défunt, cadavre) dead man (dead woman)
    faire le mort to pretend to be dead (figurative) to lie low

as well as larousse:

Traduction : mort - Dictionnaire français-anglais Larousse

mort
(f morte) [mɔr, mɔrt]
nom masculin, nom féminin
[personne] dead person
les émeutes ont fait 300 morts 300 people died ou were killed in the rioting
les morts the dead

This is a family site, so no talking about "La petite mort." :)
nice use of apophasis! ;)

there's a google app for that, by the way:

La Petite Mort - Android Apps on Google Play

i admit i'm not a french speaker, but the collins french-english dictionary lists it as a definition:

English Translation of “Mort 1” | Collins French-English Dictionary

as well as larousse:

Traduction : mort - Dictionnaire français-anglais Larousse

nice use of apophasis! ;)

there's a google app for that, by the way:

La Petite Mort - Android Apps on Google Play

Mort translates to dead in Italian. I know this because of Godfather Part 2. I've watched the two Godfather (the 3rd doesn't exist in my universe) movies far too much

As a board and community we just have to take a page from our team and move on, this one is over.

The decision has been made, it is not changing, it is wrong but we just have to move on.

Any more wasted time/energy on this is just wasted time/energy on this.

Brady is coming back in Oct, until then with our coaching staff....we are in good hands.

Move on...

Last edited:
As a board and community we just have to take a page from our team and move on, this one is over.

The decision has been made, it is not changing, it is wrong but we just have to move on.

Any more wasted time/energy on this is just wasted timeenergy on this.

Brady is coming back in Oct, until then with our coaching staff....we are in good hands.

Move on...
No thanks. I'm never moving on from a screw job of this magnitude. I'm sure my anger will be muted in time, but I'm never going to forgive and forget on this one. I understand and envy those who have and will, but I haven't, can't and won't.

No thanks. I'm never moving on from a screw job of this magnitude. I'm sure my anger will be muted in time, but I'm never going to forgive and forget on this one. I understand and envy those who have and will, but I haven't, can't and won't.
Unless I am mistaken, he has admitted no wrongdoing, and is unapologetic. He hasn't asked for nor does he deserve forgiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft