PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mort says it's "not the right time" to discuss the deflategate controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're not mistaken. I remember Mortensen being scheduled to be on WEEI on the 10-2 show last summer and cancelling at the last minute. Fauria worked on ESPN and has a friendship with Mort (now there's a pair of braying jackasses) and Fauria phoned him during a break and allegedly convinced Mortensen to have the erroneous tweet removed. I honestly don't remember if it was taken down then, or remained there longer. Anyway, Mort eventually went on either the morning show or the 10-2, but he was clearly unapologetic and just glossed the entire matter over. Phony, devout fraud.
Why was everyone so up in arms about getting a months old tweet removed? It didn't matter at all.

Unless I am mistaken, he has admitted no wrongdoing, and is unapologetic. He hasn't asked for nor does he deserve forgiveness.
No, you're not mistaken. I remember Mortensen being scheduled to be on WEEI on the 10-2 show last summer and cancelling at the last minute. Fauria worked on ESPN and has a friendship with Mort (now there's a pair of braying jackasses) and Fauria phoned him during a break and allegedly convinced Mortensen to have the erroneous tweet removed. I honestly don't remember if it was taken down then, or remained there longer. Anyway, Mort eventually went on either the morning show or the 10-2, but he was clearly unapologetic and just glossed the entire matter over. Phony, devout fraud.

It could have made an enormous difference if it had been corrected when he and they knew it was false. But, they didn't.
Yup true, but correctly it now doesn't do anything.

I was surprised they gave Mort a lot of airtime when he was on
fuk that.......he sat on the bad information......fuk him......I wish the cancer took his balls since he has none anyway

and he's ugly

I fully expect Mort to release a statement destroying Deflategate on the 11th of the 12th.

Wow. We are talking about football and a human being's life. Some of you guys need to get a ****ing grip. ************.

As the great Rasheed Wallace said.....'ball don't lie!'

This guy didn't care whose lives were affected in the name of keeping with the story.....sorry, there are billions of people on this planet I'd wish for better things for before this jackass....even Colin Kaepernick

I hope Mort recovers fully, has a couple more decades with his family, and when healthy, is called on the carpet for the lying scumbag and tool that he was.

Why was everyone so up in arms about getting a months old tweet removed? It didn't matter at all.
Mort was used by the NFL to twist the Patriots and interfere with their preparations for the Superbowl. He was a pawn in trying to fix the largest gambling event of the year because the misinformation he relayed, was the key event in the witch hunt against the Patriots. 11 of 12 balls 2 PSI under. Now time goes on and it comes out what his NFL source fed him was a lie. Mort neither corrects it, acknowledges that he was used by someone in the NFL to falsely attack the Patriots and interfere with their SB preparation nor has Mort ever done the slightest bit of reporting or talking about the dastardly way he was used by the NFL.

Mort is the NFL's ***** pure and simple.

i admit i'm not a french speaker, but the collins french-english dictionary lists it as a definition:

English Translation of “Mort 1” | Collins French-English Dictionary

as well as larousse:

Traduction : mort - Dictionnaire français-anglais Larousse

nice use of apophasis! ;)

there's a google app for that, by the way:

La Petite Mort - Android Apps on Google Play

I've spoken French for a long time (once had a Parisian petite amie). I was just responding as to how I hear the word.

I haven't been to a French English dictionary in a long time, but the root meaning of mort as a noun (f.) is death. It can elide to mean "dead" in other contexts, including as an adjective and with the verb faire as you cite, but the root meaning is death. From the Latin. Interestingly enough it comes into English in many forms, including Mort-gage...which, gruesomely enough, is a Death Promise/Pledge/Commitment.

If you had originally written that the word "'mort' can mean dead in French," I wouldn't have disagreed with you. But it certainly does not "literally translate" to "dead man," without a context or as an adjective (m.) with the noun "homme."

Apophasis! And I thought I was speaking Prose!

It's called taking responsibility for your actions and trying to make them right.

When you do something wrong, you ****ing apologize. Mort has never actually, done that. Instead he's kept the person who gave him the info a secret, because hes worried it will black ball him.

So instead of doing the right thing: Apologizing, and outing the people who made him turn this ant hill into a mountain, he said you win some you lose some, i don't know how to delete tweets, im old.. oh and now i have cancer so i don't want to talk about it, i might get better and when i do ill want to work. lets discuss it when i die, cool.

“I received very encouraging news last week from my oncologist team of doctors at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center that now enables me to completely focus on recovery rather than treatment. The Stage IV throat (oropharyngel) cancer that was diagnosed in early January and treated with intensive chemotherapy and radiation has been virtually reduced to zero detection of the disease through the latest scans and exams.
An Update on Chris Mortensen’s Health - ESPN MediaZone

Now? Is it the right time now? Do let us know.

It's called taking responsibility for your actions and trying to make them right.

When you do something wrong, you ****ing apologize. Mort has never actually, done that. Instead he's kept the person who gave him the info a secret, because hes worried it will black ball him.

So instead of doing the right thing: Apologizing, and outing the people who made him turn this ant hill into a mountain, he said you win some you lose some, i don't know how to delete tweets, im old.. oh and now i have cancer so i don't want to talk about it, i might get better and when i do ill want to work. lets discuss it when i die, cool.

Its warm where I am going. Same with Mort. I can't wait to discuss it with him for all eternity...BahBahBahBahBahBahBahBahBahBaha!

Mort's right, this is not the right time. That time passed long ago.

Mort and his health?

tJLfGmr.gif

die already, and take goodell, kensil, and pash with you

credit goes out to wells however for having the balls to actually move forward with the nonsense he had to work with.....he could sell peoples feces back to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back