PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lynch: Belichick to be fined $500k, Pats to be docked 2 "high picks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Channel 5 Reporting

But everyone with a pulse and an IQ over 50 knows that the memo that went out last year went out as a direct result of the actions taken by the Patriots - especially in specific regard to the GB and Detroit games. (Perhaps I have just identified your problem in understanding this situation.)

They did it last year, they got caught, they got warned, they kept doing it. Your attempts to get by on a technicality ("this is our first offense!") are just pathetic because everyone from the ballboy to the Commissioner knows it's a load of crap.

But... But ...but!!! :rolleyes:

So you admit the Patriots were not directly punished last year? And how do you know other teams aren't accused of this sort of thing? I guess you missed it where Peter King linked the Colts to stealing signals.

Actually, it kinda isn't a first offense. The first (and 2nd and 3rd, etc.) offenses came last year.

THOSE WERE NOT PROVEN!

The only offense they actually have proof of is the offense against the Jets. Yes they have a front office member of the GB Packers saying they cought us as well, but they didn't report it to the league last year so that technically shouldn't count. If this commish is using these rumors of other offense from seasons past to help make his mind up than he's a complete f*ckin' moron. Sorry, but that had to be entirely blunt.

Last edited:
NEST just said King and Banks are saying BB could be suspended 2 or 3 games.
those idiots no nothing channel5 has a in with the pats its got to be reliable

In the Packers and Lions game (perhaps others)... have you been in a cave since Sunday afternoon or what...?

CAUGHT. Link please. Even catching them and not reporting it to the league shouldn't count unless the Packers are punishing them. They're not. It's the NFL. Just like if I catch you pissing on my car and don't report it, guess what, you don't get in trouble! It's not your second offense if you do it and a cop catches you.

This is getting even more bizzare.
Did'nt I read somwhere today that the ruls says something to the effect of video is permitted, but not for use in that particular game?
And was'nt the camera confiscated during the first quarter?
Man, my head hurts from all this.
Either way, I have a limited concept of money (from not having any), but I damn sure know that a first round pick would be total B.S.

That is fine (goodell doing a good job) as long as he is prepared to field CONTINUOUS objections to "cheating" throughout the league. If I were Kraft, I would hire a team of inspectors to be present at all games, and monitor anyone that uses binoculars or audio equipment.......and call security when anyone is caught jumping signals. All these f@#ks want to play?.....start beating down the legacy of the Pats?.........start digging up anything questionable as to why they lost A F'IN game against us?......OK, now be ready for an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. That fat sh## Man-Gina better watch his bloated back!!!

Anyways.......

I doubt you will see a 1st rounder taken away.....that is not a penalty that fits this crime.....if they do take a #1 from us it is pretty clear that they are trying to weaken the Patriots.......and that is malicious.........I think a 2nd or 3rd rounder NOT BOTH and a hefty fine would send a message to the Pats and would appease that angry mob that is calling for BB's head.......What a sad pathetic world this has become when our media can make something this simple......an overblown witch hunt!

I'll still wait for the official word from Goodell.....

I agree on two points:

1. That this opens a pandora's box that every pats fan and fan in general will bring cameras to games and you'll see tons of suspect photos on the internet.

2. If they are docked a first rounder then they are clearly trying to bring the Pats back to the pack. I guess we all new this when the Pats started accumulating talent in the offseason and everyone was starting to fear them and be jealous.

How do you know what proof the Commissioner has in his files regarding events in 2006? That he chose not to punish anyone last year does not mean that there was no proof.

THOSE WERE NOT PROVEN!

The only offense they actually have proof if is the offense against the Jets. Yes they have an front office member of the GB Packers saying they cought us as well, but they didn't report it to the league so that technically shouldn't count. If this commish is using these rumors of other offense from seasons past to help make his mind up than he's a complete f*ckin' moron. Sorry, but that had to be entirely blunt.

But... But ...but!!! :rolleyes:

So you admit the Patriots were not directly punished last year?
What part of "they got caught and they got warned" do you not understand..?

They were not punished last year, they were warned.
And how do you know other teams aren't accused of this sort of thing? I guess you missed it where Peter King linked the Colts to stealing signals.
Where have I ever stated or implied that other teams aren't accused of the same thing...?

Stop putting words in my mouth. Slow down, read my posts, and respond to what I've actually written, not what you pretend I've written.

How do you know what proof the Commissioner has in his files regarding events in 2006? That he chose not to punish anyone last year does not mean that there was no proof.

Well you certainly can't operate under the assumption that he does. If it's such an egregious offense, which the proposed penalties indicate it is, a commissioner would punish a team he had evidence against immediately.

THOSE WERE NOT PROVEN!
Gimme a break. This is not a court of law. They did it, everyone knows they did it, they were warned not to do it again.

You people are pathetic if you think technicalities are going to help with the case being reviewed by the Commissioner.

I don't operate under any assumptions. I don't know what the violations are. I don't know what the accusations are. The Commissioner may or may not tell us. The man I will listen to and watch is Robert Kraft.

Well you certainly can't operate under the assumption that he does. If it's such an egregious offense, which the proposed penalties indicate it is, a commissioner would punish a team he had evidence against immediately.

I don't operate under any assumptions. I don't know what the violations are. I don't know what the accusations are. The Commissioner may or may not tell us. The man I will listen to and watch is Robert Kraft.

Claiming that this is our third offense is operating under an assumption. Sorry, but it is. Saying that it is our first is too, I suppose.

I've been stating this over in the Chargers forum:

The punishment will dictate whether this is "cheating" or a "violation of the rules"

Suspension (or forfeit) = Cheating
Loss of draft picks (and/or fine) = Violation of the rules

It's really that simple.

And I don't think anyone's out to get the Patriots for winning. Hell, it wasn't all that long ago that the Pats (like my Chargers) were considered the laughingstock of the league. Perrenial doormats.

So when the punishment is officially handed down, we will all know just how far the Patriots went over the line.

I don't really give a shiit either way. All good things end eventually. The Patriots will one day come back to earth and I hope my Chargers can provide a bit of gravity this weekend. :rocker:

Mort said 31 teams will be disappointed if we don't lose a first. It is VERY much about us winning.

In the Packers and Lions game (perhaps others)... have you been in a cave since Sunday afternoon or what...?

Cmon...let's get f'in serious here....we are talking about 2 of the worst teams in the NFL last year........yeah we had some mental screw ups against THE WORST team in the NFL Detroit....but if you/they are trying to imply that we had a rough game against them because we were stealing their signals ....it doesn't make alot of sense....right Quicox?.......That makes as much sense as Matt Millen still being the GM there......NONE!

if we lose a 1st who will that spot be alloted to?

CAUGHT. Link please. Even catching them and not reporting it to the league shouldn't count unless the Packers are punishing them. They're not. It's the NFL.
There's something you (and a couple others in this forum) need to realize: This is not a court of law. The standards of proof and evidence and innocence and guilt that apply in a court of law are not going to matter in the Commissioner's office.

The Patriots did it last year and everyone from the ballboy to the Commissioner knows it. Your silly little attempts at legal technicalities just aren't going to have any sway in the Commissioner's office - nor should they.
Just like if I catch you pissing on my car and don't report it, guess what, you don't get in trouble! It's not your second offense if you do it and a cop catches you.
Here's a better analogy: Suppose you and I work for the same company and you think I am pissing on your car, so the company puts out a memo that says "Pissing on cars will not be tolerated. Anyone caught pissing on cars will be severly reprimanded." Of course, everyone in the company knows it is something I do all the time. So finally I get caught pissing on your car... How far do you think I am going to get saying "But this is my first offense..!!"

And where did I claim that?

Claiming that this is our third offense is operating under an assumption. Sorry, but it is. Saying that it is our first is too, I suppose.

What part of "they got caught and they got warned" do you not understand..?

They were not punished last year, they were warned.

So they weren't directly punished. They weren't directly warned either, all 32 teams were.

Where have I ever stated or implied that other teams aren't accused of the same thing...?

This is from you just a few minutes ago...

But everyone with a pulse and an IQ over 50 knows that the memo that went out last year went out as a direct result of the actions taken by the Patriots - especially in specific regard to the GB and Detroit games.

Which implies that it's all the Patriots' fault that a league-wide memo was sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back