PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lynch: Belichick to be fined $500k, Pats to be docked 2 "high picks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The memo has been sent out again to all the teams.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Does this mean that they felt that they were not entirely clear before? Or, is it just a way to hammer it home once and for all?

Yup, a league "how to cheat legally" memo. Gotta love it.

Just under it is a story about Kevin Everett. You know, the guy who's going to be able to walk miraculously. The real story of the week. Not this crap.

Last edited:
Nice, they had to re-issue the warning. ESPN hasn't done a good enough job the last 5 days?

This will open up such a can of worms its not funny. If I was the Pats, I would let no cameramen anywhere near my sideline, I would question every little thing going on, run up the score on everybody, and if we win the Lombardi, not even stand on a podium with this power hungry commissioner. Denver loses a 3rd for cheating on the cap, and the Pats lose a 1st and 3rd, BB for 2 games and a 500K fine? Is Polian pulling the strings? Or is this punishment for being smart with a draft that was weak in talent in which only 2 players we drafted made the 53 man roster, and seeing how this team could be set up for the next few years?

Seriously. What a ******* upside down world this is. "See that is how you cheat legally. Read lips and take pictures. All good. But don't put it on tape. Then you'll lose a first, third, $500k, hell, we might just cut your **** off for laughs."

Last edited:
Re: Channel 5 Reporting

Actually, it kinda isn't a first offense. The first (and 2nd and 3rd, etc.) offenses came last year.

Actually, the league took no action over those incidents, so technically this is our first offence.

Just under it is a story about Kevin Everett. You know, the guy who's going to be able to walk miraculously. The real story of the week. Not this crap.

I have boycotted that website. I refuse to click on that link and give them anymore credit than they deserve. But seriously, is that really what that is? :rofl: UNBELIEVABLE.

I have boycotted that website. I refuse to click on that link and give them anymore credit than they deserve. But seriously, is that really what that is? :rofl: UNBELIEVABLE.

"Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the league's football operations department has e-mailed a memo to all 32 teams, reminding them of the dos and don'ts that apply when seeking a competitive advantage."

Sounds like it to me.

true but goodell willl be harsh so as to prove that his friendship with kraft doesnt affect his descions and also because he set a precedent by suspending the dallas coach and pacman etc.
He has no choice but to be harsher.

Goodell has plenty of choices. He could investigate the Jets and other teams for what seems to be a league wide practice of stealing signals. He could also treat us the same way the league treated the 49ers and Broncos, in the processs proving that the holier than thou sports media doesn't own him.

If this is the true punishment I think most of the influence comes from the POS coaches and players who said oh yeah the Patriots cheated against us blazay blah.

Note the contrast between MLB players and NFL players. Regarding the steriod mess - not one player, except Shilling maybe, had/has harsh words for Bonds or other steriod players. NFL players, too many now to count, are throwing the Patriots under the bus. Why do you suppose this is? Hell if you want to talk about competitive advantage. How about the MLB team salary imbalance, and yet not a word from the players, even though 95% of them have zero chance of playing for the Yankees.

Actually, the league took no action over those incidents, so technically this is our first offence.

First offense means the first time you violated the rules and authorities became aware of it. BB was warned about this in the past and still kept doing it. He was so bold he did it to the Jets knowing their staff was aware of his tactics and he even used the same person to videotape who he was using when Jets staff worked for the Pats. BB wins the Darwin award for that.

Actually, the league did take action. They sent out a clearly worded memo that such actions will not be tolerated. Last year was our first offense and it got a warning. So for you to whine that this is our "first offense" is just the sort of thing that makes Pats fans look bad.

Actually, the league did take action. They sent out a clearly worded memo that such actions will not be tolerated. Last year was our first offense and it got a warning. So for you to whine that this is our "first offense" is just the sort of thing that makes Pats fans look bad.

Lot of proof last year was there? I think you killed somebody. Does that make it your first offense? What if somebody warns you not to kill somebody? Does that mean it's on your record?

Proof? Rumors aren't proof and shoudn't be included in consideration of the punishment, which everyone seems to disregard.
Dude, join us in the real world here. The Patriots did it against GB and Detroit and the Patriots are the reason the "warning" memo was issued in the first place.

You remind me of A-Rod standing on 2nd base with his arms outstretched from the 2004 ALCS....

Everybody is pi$$sed that we got an extra 1st and 3rd (fair and square) in the next draft while already being loaded up this year.
31 teams and Goodell want probably a 1st and 3rd taken away.
This was the perfect storm.
Media, 31 teams and opposing fans want us to get hammered, and Goodell will comply.

We're going to F-ing win anyway. What a bunch of a-holes around the NFL.

Lot of proof last year was there? I think you killed somebody. Does that make it your first offense? What if somebody warns you not to kill somebody? Does that mean it's on your record?
Dude... join us in the real world here.

Actually, the league never took any action against the Patriots for stealing signals. No draft picks were taken, no fines, no direct reprimands. See tombonneau's post for a good situational comparison.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=520245&postcount=118

Actually, the league never took any action against the Patriots for stealing signals. No draft picks were taken, no fines, no direct reprimands.
But everyone with a pulse and an IQ over 50 knows that the memo that went out last year went out as a direct result of the actions taken by the Patriots - especially in specific regard to the GB and Detroit games. (Perhaps I have just identified your problem in understanding this situation.)

They did it last year, they got caught, they got warned, they kept doing it. Your attempts to get by on a technicality ("this is our first offense!") are just pathetic because everyone from the ballboy to the Commissioner knows it's a load of crap.

But everyone with a pulse and an IQ over 50 knows that the memo that went out last year went out as a direct result of the actions taken by the Patriots - especially in specific regard to the GB and Detroit games. (Perhaps I have just identified your problem in understanding this situation.)

They did it last year, they got caught, they got warned, they kept doing it. Your attempts to get by on a technicality ("this is our first offense!") are just pathetic because everyone from the ballboy to the Commissioner knows it's a load of crap.

They got caught....When? Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back