PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Brewster Center No. 50 Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Let's hope the Raiders suck.

Will the Raiders commit the rest of the season to the memory of Al Davis and play over their head from here on out?

Will the Raiders commit the rest of the season to the memory of Al Davis and play over their head from here on out?

Looks like that...but I hope not. Just for this season.

Brew played well yesterday. Did everything that he didn't do against Mich St. Apparently Mike Vrabel yelled at OSU's offensive coordinator last week. And it worked until Braxton got injured and Epic Fail came in. Then the defense chocked. I wonder if Bolleman will yell at Vrabel (I hope he does so Mike can punch him in the face).

As for my other 1st round binkie -Jared Crick 34 RDE/ 43LDE 6'6 295lbs ~. He didn't have a good game. I think he is injured b/c this season, he hasn't been shedding double teams and pushing the pocket like he did last year. He didn't do much against Wisconsin last week.

How these discussions tend to get carried away is amazing, we're all Pats fans, if your way gets us a ring, I'll be as happy as a clam and we should all feel the same.

To me, having TB another 4-6 years is better than a pass rusher. We all want both but, having one choice I'll take a healthy Tom. Having said that, we all know it's up to Dante & Bill ( where it should be). If Bill took Brewster at # 16 and said this is our center for the next decade, I could live with it

The remaining picks we would have could get us maybe- Vinny Curry OLB, Lester S or players of that ilk, plus defensive tackles that can play 5 tech run pretty strong right through the 3rd rd. ( just a hunch about returning to 3-4)

The bottom line for me is, if Brewster is the next Mangold, remember what Big Vince said about him.

According to NEPatriots Draft.com Konz has health concerns. (clot on lung etc.)

How these discussions tend to get carried away is amazing, we're all Pats fans, if your way gets us a ring, I'll be as happy as a clam and we should all feel the same.

To me, having TB another 4-6 years is better than a pass rusher. We all want both but, having one choice I'll take a healthy Tom. Having said that, we all know it's up to Dante & Bill ( where it should be). If Bill took Brewster at # 16 and said this is our center for the next decade, I could live with it

The remaining picks we would have could get us maybe- Vinny Curry OLB, Lester S or players of that ilk, plus defensive tackles that can play 5 tech run pretty strong right through the 3rd rd. ( just a hunch about returning to 3-4)

The bottom line for me is, if Brewster is the next Mangold, remember what Big Vince said about him.

According to NEPatriots Draft.com Konz has health concerns. (clot on lung etc.)

I wouldn't say he is the next Mangold but he will be good. He just needs to improve on his footwork.
Apparently, NFL O line coaches hate the footwork of Linemen from Ohio State. They say it's screwed up. And the O line coach for OSU is that incompetent idiot Jim Bolleman.

You have any info about that clot on Konz?

The information I got on Konz was from NEPATRIOTSDRAFT.COM. If you go to the site, at the upper right-hand section they have a draft write-up on Konz concerning the blood clot on his lung that he had in 2009 and recurring ankle injuries. The site says these are definite red flags.

With all the turmoil that Ohio State's having this year, one almost has to disregard this season.

Hope this helps, Ninja. Keep up the good work.

The information I got on Konz was from NEPATRIOTSDRAFT.COM. If you go to the site, at the upper right-hand section they have a draft write-up on Konz concerning the blood clot on his lung that he had in 2009 and recurring ankle injuries. The site says these are definite red flags.

With all the turmoil that Ohio State's having this year, one almost has to disregard this season.

Hope this helps, Ninja. Keep up the good work.

NEPD here - yes Konz had a clot in each of his lungs in 2009 (missed a couple of games) and has also missed practice/games for ankle and knee issues.

Looks healthy now, and is a great player, but there are red flags.

For those saying they'd be happy to stick with Dan Connolly next year, you should be aware that he's a UFA at the end of the season.

And so is Koppen as well???

I wouldn't say he is the next Mangold but he will be good. He just needs to improve on his footwork.
Apparently, NFL O line coaches hate the footwork of Linemen from Ohio State. They say it's screwed up. And the O line coach for OSU is that incompetent idiot Jim Bolleman.

You have any info about that clot on Konz?

I agree with your assessment on Brewster. He is alright, but he has been bullrushed on more than one occation and his footwork as you mentioned is suspect. I've seen him around Campus more than once and he has a good frame though. Besides Mangold, the Buckeyes havent produced a notable offensive lineman since Orlando Pace. Surprising, considering the recruits they get and the midwest usually puts out decent linemen

Not sure where the idea of trading 3 picks to get Brewster came from, but it's not happening.

If the Pats were to trade up, it would be for that starting RDE they've been looking for. But not anything else.

I didn't like Brewster last year when people mentioned him for the 2012 draft. I still don't.

I've liked Konz better than Brewster. Something about Brewster just screams at me to stay away..

DaBruinz- different point of view,thats great,not bad. If and only if, Bill & Dante agree that this kid is the real deal and at least equal to the Ponce (not sure of spelling) brothers would I say go for it. That means alot has got to happen between now & then. If BB thought it was worth it at #16, then I wouldn't mind at all.

How about something we could all agree on, having a conference call between Mike Vrabel and us Draftniks. I can dream.

I agree with your assessment on Brewster. He is alright, but he has been bullrushed on more than one occation and his footwork as you mentioned is suspect. I've seen him around Campus more than once and he has a good frame though. Besides Mangold, the Buckeyes havent produced a notable offensive lineman since Orlando Pace. Surprising, considering the recruits they get and the midwest usually puts out decent linemen

Isn’t Mangold bullrushed here and there? If his footwork can be improved upon might that really shore up his game to the point where he’d be really solid? That being said, is Connelly playing well enough to where we don’t need to spend a high pick on a Center and we’d be better off getting a late round candidate and grooming them?

I also wonder if Konz's issues cause him to drop, knee/ankle issues scare me.

Last edited:

That's b/c Jim Bolleman is an idiot. Remember how many O line men OSU produced when Cooper was here? Jim B is the O line coach who sucks at developing talent.
Right now, since Bolleman as been the oline coach/off coord, there are these O lineman in the NFL

-Nick Mangold
-Shane Olevia (Decent RT for the Chargers for 5 years till he went on the Kazcur Drug route.
-Rob Simms Solid Guard for the Lions. 4th round pick
-Jim Cordle backup center for the Giants.

There are couple of JAG that played in that span but that's it.

So..Jim Bolleman sucks. But I do like the Centers that come out from Ohio State.

Isn’t Mangold bullrushed here and there? If his footwork can be improved upon might that really shore up his game to the point where he’d be really solid? That being said, is Connelly playing well enough to where we don’t need to spend a high pick on a Center and we’d be better off getting a late round candidate and grooming them?

I also wonder if Konz's issues cause him to drop, knee/ankle issues scare me.

I've seen that. Mangold's only weakness. Being bull rushed but that's rare.

I've seen that. Mangold's only weakness. Being bull rushed but that's rare.

It is rare, remember Wilfork ripping Mangold a new one in the 45-3 game last year. Rare but does happen. I hope it happens more:)

It is rare, remember Wilfork ripping Mangold a new one in the 45-3 game last year. Rare but does happen. I hope it happens more:)

Interesting that the Jets fixed that blocking scheme flaw for the playoff game and because of our lack of a pass rush, we allowed a bum like sanchez to send us to the showers.

I do agree that the OSU line coach is not developing the talent he has to work with, also the blocking schemes are nearly impossible to figure out. I'm not sure how they can justify keeping him on staff next season.

Interesting that the Jets fixed that blocking scheme flaw for the playoff game and because of our lack of a pass rush, we allowed a bum like sanchez to send us to the showers.

I do agree that the OSU line coach is not developing the talent he has to work with, also the blocking schemes are nearly impossible to figure out. I'm not sure how they can justify keeping him on staff next season.

They don't. The new coach will bring in his own staff. If it is Urban Meyer, the offensive side is gone but not the D side. B/c the D coord is the guy who hired Meyer back in the 80's at Ill St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye