PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skin tone has nothing to do with Vick's crimes. The fact that he is high profile and chose to affront a group more extremist than the taliban,'Dog Lovers'. Or animal rights groups in general. When you are in the public eye such as a starting NFL QB you give these groups liscence to plunder you to advance their groups agenda. Obviously what Mr. Vick did was wrong, but it has less to do with his skin color and more to do with 'Lab Lovers'. If he chose **** fighting he would'nt have gotten in as much trouble, because we all eat chickens and let's face it a tour of the local Purdue plant is pulling on no one's heart strings.

Chickens have ****s?

I'd like to let this go but but you're missing the point with your baying rhetoric. Black men are consistently given stiffer sentences for the same crimes than white men are, this is a cold, hard fact, that's not arguable. Why black men get more jail time is open to much debate, but not that they do get more time for the same crime.

More official racist bull Sh!t from the only practicing racists organizations in the Country now that the KKK is a joke. Propaganda direct from the profitable Racists in the remnants of the Black "civil rights" community.

This country is so Racist that it would never elect a Black president or have one on the Supreme Court, or allow Blacks in Congress...

Vick engaged in an organized criminal enterprise over a number of years beginning (somehow) while he was still in college... And he repeatedly lied about it which was the basis (fraud) of the Falcon's recovering a portion of his signing bonus. He didn't engage in an isolated criminal incident. He has remorse for his lost lifestyle and is still trying to retain or replace it.

Check out his bankrupcy proceedings to date if you want a good laugh... He may yet face other charges and penalties as a result of some of his subsequent financial shenanigans. He took money out of an employee pension trust to pay personal bills not once, but twice - including after he was told it was illegal to do so... He's suing some other clowns he turned $3M over to before he filed...'cause apparently rather than sheltering it from prying judicial eyes they used it on themselves...

He's living in a $2M riverfront house he just had built while he was in prison. The multi million dollar residence he used to live in now houses just dear old Mama (who never so much as saw a dog on her property) and Marcus (when he's not incarcerated or in court dealing with his own charges). He wanted to keep 3 multi-million dollar mansions, along with several luxury cars, at a maintenance cost of $200K per year, and only pay his numerous creditors (including the Atlanta Falcons) a sliding scale % of his future earnings in excess of $750K/year as part of his proposed reorganization, in order to continue to support his entourage in the style to which he'd accustomed them. The judge told him he's making $10/hour now and to get real. But apparently Michael already firmly believes he's going to make several million a year playing football for the next decade. Not to mention his handlers claimed to have a $600K deal for a reality show... The judge wasn't buyin any of it being realistic let alone remorseful.

Mike's latest revised reorganization plan was slimmed down a tad by requiring his ex wife and son to exhibit some remorse for him and vacate the house they've lived in so it can be sold, and go live with her family on a $3500/mo stipend...but he's still determined not to inflict any remorse on the girlfriend and their two kids plus Mama and Marcus...whom he still hopes to maintain in the Vick family lifestyle. He has another hearing in June with the judge who suggested he consolidate and find a single family home he can afford given his present circumstances.

Former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young, among others, tried for years to counsel and reason with Michael about his lifestyle choices to no avail. He's not going to change. He paid $150K apiece to his co-conspirators to cover their attorney's fees after they testified against him. He tested positive for mj while under pre sentencing house arrest. That and his failure to come clean to or fully cooperate with prosecutors (including failing a lie detector test in the process) led to the judge imposing a much stiffer sentence than he otherwise would have.

He is, as Bill might say, what he is.

Vick engaged in an organized criminal enterprise over a number of years beginning (somehow) while he was still in college... And he repeatedly lied about it which was the basis (fraud) of the Falcon's recovering a portion of his signing bonus. He didn't engage in an isolated criminal incident. He has remorse for his lost lifestyle and is still trying to retain or replace it.

Check out his bankrupcy proceedings to date if you want a good laugh... He may yet face other charges and penalties as a result of some of his subsequent financial shenanigans. He took money out of an employee pension trust to pay personal bills not once, but twice - including after he was told it was illegal to do so... He's suing some other clowns he turned $3M over to before he filed...'cause apparently rather than sheltering it from prying judicial eyes they used it on themselves...

He's living in a $2M riverfront house he just had built while he was in prison. The multi million dollar residence he used to live in now houses just dear old Mama (who never so much as saw a dog on her property) and Marcus (when he's not incarcerated or in court dealing with his own charges). He wanted to keep 3 multi-million dollar mansions, along with several luxury cars, at a maintenance cost of $200K per year, and only pay his numerous creditors (including the Atlanta Falcons) a sliding scale % of his future earnings in excess of $750K/year as part of his proposed reorganization, in order to continue to support his entourage in the style to which he'd accustomed them. The judge told him he's making $10/hour now and to get real. But apparently Michael already firmly believes he's going to make several million a year playing football for the next decade. Not to mention his handlers claimed to have a $600K deal for a reality show... The judge wasn't buyin any of it being realistic let alone remorseful.

Mike's latest revised reorganization plan was slimmed down a tad by requiring his ex wife and son to exhibit some remorse for him and vacate the house they've lived in so it can be sold, and go live with her family on a $3500/mo stipend...but he's still determined not to inflict any remorse on the girlfriend and their two kids plus Mama and Marcus...whom he still hopes to maintain in the Vick family lifestyle. He has another hearing in June with the judge who suggested he consolidate and find a single family home he can afford given his present circumstances.

Former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young, among others, tried for years to counsel and reason with Michael about his lifestyle choices to no avail. He's not going to change. He paid $150K apiece to his co-conspirators to cover their attorney's fees after they testified against him. He tested positive for mj while under pre sentencing house arrest. That and his failure to come clean to or fully cooperate with prosecutors (including failing a lie detector test in the process) led to the judge imposing a much stiffer sentence than he otherwise would have.

He is, as Bill might say, what he is.

Whatever...... If it was the guy down at my local dump 'Tire burnin Bob', no one would care... Bob eats Chicken and probably dog too in a pinch.

6) Vick would likely be starting and not in jail if he were white. This is simply sad but true. A black man setting up gambling on pit bulls and killing the failures is just not acceptable and is punishable by a lifetime of being out of football

Dead wrong on this one man.

Just take a look at "David Tant " or "James Fricchione". Get a look at their sentences. Long before the Vick stuff went down.

Last edited:
6) Vick would likely be starting and not in jail if he were white. This is simply sad but true. A black man setting up gambling on pit bulls and killing the failures is just not acceptable and is punishable by a lifetime of being out of football.

this is true?
what's the evidence on that --- your imagination?

I guess if a lifetime out of football is his punishment, then a lot of us on here are being punished.

does this board have an ignore function, or am I going to have to remember your name?

Skin tone has nothing to do with Vick's crimes. The fact that he is high profile and chose to affront a group more extremist than the taliban,'Dog Lovers'. Or animal rights groups in general. When you are in the public eye such as a starting NFL QB you give these groups liscence to plunder you to advance their groups agenda. Obviously what Mr. Vick did was wrong, but it has less to do with his skin color and more to do with 'Lab Lovers'. If he chose **** fighting he would'nt have gotten in as much trouble,

ehem...the proper term is sword fighting, and it's mostly limited to chance encounters in the men's room.
there are no organized gambling rings that I've heard of.

It's not the color of the perp, it's how much green he can spring for his lawyer team. There's no justice in the court system. It's about the quality of one's legal representation.

Jeez!

How many OJ's were there who committed a double homicide yet got off scot free last decade?

mgteich is wrong on this one. He's offered no proof; indeed, counter evidence has been bought forth. It's his first time in seven years, so I can cut him some slack.

But didn't you read Tom Wolfe's _Bonfire of the Vanities_, how a justice system, after prosecuting so many black-on-black court cases literally salivates over the white-on-black one?

Or the outrageous Duke lacrosse case? Read _Until Proven Innocent_ by Stuart Taylor and KC Johnson. You have systemic prejudice by the university, county legal establishment, New York Times, et al--against whites!

But what about the prominent black athletes--Deion Sanders, Stephon Marbury, Clint Portis all have been reported as defending a guilty Vick, link is here:Norfolk Crime Examiner--who have attempted to excuse Vick's behavior? That's the real story. I bet there's a chasm separating the white and black communities on Vick's sentence.

I'm guessing most blacks think Vick got hit too hard; whites, he should have been in for much longer. I'm usually wrong, but maybe not on this one.

I bet there's a chasm separating the white and black communities on Vick's sentence.

I'm guessing most blacks think Vick got hit too hard; whites, he should have been in for much longer. I'm usually wrong, but maybe not on this one.

dude, of course -- same as oj.
that limb you're out on is more like a trunk.

Last edited:
Please remember to ignore me. "mgteich"

BTW, another poster presumes that Vick losing his football career is no big deal since we her don't have such a career.

Whether Vick plays will be up to the commissioner. There will be teams who want his services. New England isn't one.

If all the men who beat their wives and girl friends got as harsh treatment as Vick, there would be a lot fewer players in this league. And if you believe that a white man in Georgia would have been treated the same, I suggest you read some of the posts on Atlanta boards and articles in the Atlanta papers.

And yes, I well understand why Atlanta management decided to kick out Vick. The were very, very lucky that Ryan turned out to be the stat that he was. Vick was and is a hero in Atlanta.

Let me be clear. Vick is not a victim. What he did was stupid. Obviously he should have been gambling on chicken fighting instead of pit bulls. Then the nationwide scandal of killing the poor pit bulls (which are illegal in many areas) would have been avaoided.
============================

I am also amused by the poster who posted that there is no longer racism in America since we have a black president and a black Supreme Court justice.

this is true?
what's the evidence on that --- your imagination?

I guess if a lifetime out of football is his punishment, then a lot of us on here are being punished.

does this board have an ignore function, or am I going to have to remember your name?

More official racist bull Sh!t from the only practicing racists organizations in the Country now that the KKK is a joke. Propaganda direct from the profitable Racists in the remnants of the Black "civil rights" community.

This country is so Racist that it would never elect a Black president or have one on the Supreme Court, or allow Blacks in Congress...

Just because you scream it doesn't make it true. Not everything fits into a simplistic bit of rhetoric, sorry. Have you ever wondered why you've been encouraged to become enraged at statements like I made about sentencing trends in the US, or anything that seems to include racial bias?

Anyway, if it's not true (which is impossible because the facts are what they are) then show us here and now that black men don't receive heavier sentences for the same crimes that whites commit. Show us that what I put forth is bull.

And BTW, are you suggesting Thurgood Marshall's appointment as the first black SC Justice signaled the end of racism in the US? In 1967? Or that Massachusetts' own Ed Brooke election as Senator in 1966 was the end? Is that part of your 'argument'?

Can we please get the Vick threads merged and them moved to a more appropriate forum? Either that or give us permission to use the 'salty' language that this topic so richly deserves.

Can we please get the Vick threads merged and them moved to a more appropriate forum? Either that or give us permission to use the 'salty' language that this topic so richly deserves.

Mmmm, salty chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes