PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Smith: Pioli to KC, Caserio will be new VP of Player Personnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to say that Pioli will be easy to replace but sometimes getting some new blood in can get everyone in the organization performing to a new higher level in their respective roles.

Right, all hail Billerio!!!!!!:youtheman:

Gotta think that Bill is sitting back in a chair with a bottle of good scotch thinking, "Well, S**t".

And Ernie is sitting on another chair doing long division in his head and acting like Rainman saying, "Who cares, we did'nt need them anyway".

That made me LOL.

Not to say that Pioli will be easy to replace but sometimes getting some new blood in can get everyone in the organization performing to a new higher level in their respective roles.

There can be truth to this. Certainly nobody will ever complacent in the organization considering how they're snatched away.

It all comes down to the skills of those in the pipeline--like (I forget his name) down in Atlanta....would have been a great replacement. So the question is who's next in line for these gigs, and what they bring to the table. Because it's the Pats, there's every hope we'll continue to see top-level performance. Truth is, nobody knows until they get the job and have to deliver.

Last edited:
This sucks. First McDaniels. Now Pioli. Probably Seeley and Capers too. There is a lot of rebuilding going on in the coaching and front office for the Pats this year.

Belichick most likely has a contingency plan for all of the losses and Nick Caserio is the most obvious. Thomas Dmitroff learned a ton from Pioli and is an executive star after one year of leaving the shadow of the great ones in New England. Maybe Caserio can be as successful.

P.S. I gotta eat a lot of crow today. Never thought in a million years that Pioli would go to KC. Didn't know his wife has family in the area, but still never thought it would happen.

I'm wondering if Pioli and McDaniels had any discussions of moving on as a team, taking Cassel with them. Kansas City would've been the perfect choice for that trio.

Is Dante Scarnecchia disliked by the other 31 teams?

He has been here longer than dirt on earth, but no one wants to try and hire the old boy - not that I want anyone to.

Floyd Reese would be a good pick to take over Caserio's job.

P.S. I gotta eat a lot of crow today. Never thought in a million years that Pioli would go to KC. Didn't know his wife has family in the area, but still never thought it would happen.
Pfffttt make room at the table, I didn't think Pioli or McD were going anywhere.

At least he didn't go to Cleveland:cool:

I'm sure the Pats have known Pioli's leaving was a real possibility and they've planned for it.

I'm dying to see what all these contracts are though.

Re: Michael Smith: Pioli to KC

Well, was expected but it doesn't make it any less sh!t. Anyone want the f'kin stadium whilst we're at it?

I'm wondering if Pioli and McDaniels had any discussions of moving on as a team, taking Cassel with them. Kansas City would've been the perfect choice for that trio.

Thigpen played pretty decent at QB for that team,He may be the starter in 2009 for KC,Don't know if Cassel will be of interest there or if they try and bid for him

Co-sign. I didn't think Pioli would go anywhere. I'm surprised actually, plus it's interesting..

i hate this ...:mad:

I don't mind that the kids are leaving the nest. I just wish they wouldn't set up shop so close. What the hell's wrong with going to an NFC team?

as long as bb isnt leaving im ok with this news. when the day comes that bb leaves then ill be crying in a corner on my knees like a three old.

Here's a little info on Caserio from another thread I posted, also a video before last year's draft: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...23-if-pioli-does-leave-page2.html#post1234912

Also, I've thought it over a little bit more and maybe Jon Robinson will be elevated to take over Caserio's role instead of Muraco while he replaces Robinson: Media guide nuggets - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Here's what he's done for the Pats:
2002-2005 New England Patriots (Area Scout)
2006-2007 New England Patriots (Regional Scout)
2008 New England Patriots (Assistant Director of College Scouting)

Last edited:

P.S. If they all convert teams to a 3-4, the shortage of avaible LBs for the system is going to cause problems very quickly. Colleges just aren't churning out many players who are up to the task right out of the box.

P.S. If they all convert teams to a 3-4, the shortage of avaible LBs for the system is going to cause problems very quickly. Colleges just aren't churning out many players who are up to the task right out of the box.

If Spagnuolo is the choice in KC they will not be a 3-4 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes