PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Smith: Pioli to KC, Caserio will be new VP of Player Personnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's Caserio!

If Spagnuolo is the choice in KC they will not be a 3-4 team.

Well, so far the Jets are still 3-4, the Broncos are possible to switch, the Browns are still 3-4 and the Chiefs are unknown. We could end up with 2 new 3-4 teams in the league.

Never a dull moment. I'm sure Pioli will do great in KC, but it's hard to feel anything less than 100% confident while BB is still around.

The apparent influx of 3-4 defenses is definitely an irritant hough.

Well, so far the Jets are still 3-4, the Broncos are possible to switch, the Browns are still 3-4 and the Chiefs are unknown. We could end up with 2 new 3-4 teams in the league.

The Steelers have been running a 3-4 for some time now, although a different style 34 than what the Patriots run, and they haven't had a problem.

The Steelers have been running a 3-4 for some time now, although a different style 34 than what the Patriots run, and they haven't had a problem.

Yes, because the 3-4 teams have been very limited in number. Colleges don't play a lot of 3-4, so their aren't a lot of ready made players available.

Yes, because the 3-4 teams have been very limited in number. Colleges don't play a lot of 3-4, so their aren't a lot of ready made players available.

To a certain extent this has always been a problem but it's a normal thing for scouts, coaches, personnel people to project when drafting a player. Competition is a good thing, it makes you sharper and more aware. Don't look at it like it's a negative.

now we will see all the "pats are screwed" articles for the whole season with
pioli,mcd,seely, brady injury
ironically a non playoff season and 2 unexpected firings in kc and den really resulted in this.

Good luck to Scott Pioli.

Is Dante Scarnecchia disliked by the other 31 teams?

He has been here longer than dirt on earth, but no one wants to try and hire the old boy - not that I want anyone to.

In one of his rare interviews a few years back, he admitted that he had no ambition to be a head coach. He enjoys that he has been able to stay in one place all these years. I am guessing other clubs know that Dante is officially attached to Gillette Stadium.

P.S. If they all convert teams to a 3-4, the shortage of avaible LBs for the system is going to cause problems very quickly. Colleges just aren't churning out many players who are up to the task right out of the box.

Do you think that Pioli's hiring as GM mandate a 3-4 scheme for the Chiefs? It seems a bit strange to me - their personnel are not at all suited for the 3-4 (Derrick Johnson at LB, Glenn Dorsey at DT). Neither Herm Edwards or Steve Spagnulo are familiar with 4-3 defenses. Obviously Pioli has been focusing on picking talent that fits in to BBs system including the 3-4. Either he has the ability pick out talent suitable for a different scheme or the Chiefs need not only a new coach but also a new set of players.

I'm sure that Belichick knew before the start of the 2008 season that

both Pioli and McDaniels would be gone when the season concluded.

This is why Nick Caserio was returned to the front office to receive some

tutoring by Scott Pioli. Caserio has a background in pro and college

player evaluation. I don't know how much he has been involved in

negotiating contracts or salary cap management.

By signing Bill O'Brien, Belichick gave himself a couple of in house

options at offensive co-ordinator, O'Brien or Mangurian.

I wonder if he is going to take the patriots scouts also. I think that is more significant .

now we will see all the "pats are screwed" articles for the whole season with
pioli,mcd,seely, brady injury
ironically a non playoff season and 2 unexpected firings in kc and den really resulted in this.
Start beating the drum for BB as coach of the year when the Patriots win it all next year, in spite of all this. Well, save it for after we go 13 - 3 regular season (or something like that). Bill has a ways to go before his coaching tree approaches Bill Walsh's. I hope Belichick's stops sprouting brances for awhile though!

Coaching tree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He'd better cut Bernard Pollard. As long as he does that, I'll wish him the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes