PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: threads about Specter's media appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN Radio teaser. Comment from Specter coming up.

Who voted for this imbecile? Like there aren't more pressing issues in the U.S. to deal with? What a joke.

Last edited:

Specter is an a-hole. Said there is a breaking story that Matt Walsh taped signals of 2002 superbowl with St. Louis Cardinals.

Compared the situation with stolen automobiles, when said this practice has been going on for a while. Said stealing cars has been going on for a while too, but that it still a felony.

I actually feel better about this now that I heard him. He basically just sounded like a man still in denial that the Eagles lost the SB. I don't think this is going to extend much beyond the current fury.

We'll see what Goodell says in 30 minutes.

Who voted for this imbecile? Like there aren't more pressing issues in the U.S. to deal with? What a joke.

Eagle fans.

Specter is an a-hole. Said there is a breaking story that Matt Walsh taped signals of 2002 superbowl with St. Louis Cardinals.

Compared the situation with stolen automobiles, when said this practice has been going on for a while. Said stealing cars has been going on for a while too, but that it still a felony.

what a waste of skin. stealing cars is against the law, stealing signals is not.

LOL, did he really say that (I'm not listening to this **** today). The guy can't even get the details of the whole ****storm he created right. What a joke!

His primary agenda is that he wants to know if the Eagles SB was tainted. The memo was brought up in which Goodell stated specifically that the Eagles weren't affected. He doesn't believe Goodell, and he wants to talk to "Matt Welsh" (which is the wrong name) who he says admitted to taping the Rams walkthru (which is wholly accurate).

He implied that Brady's record-setting performance against Jacksonville needs investigation.

When Golic said that stealing signals has been around forever, Specter said "so has stealing cars...we have time to investigate both."

Make no mistake, it's 100% clear that the Senate is getting involved because of a single dissatisfied Eagles fan. It's a goddamn joke.

Senator Arlen Specter was a guest on Mike and Mike Sunday defending his position
"the integrity of the game". When Golic mentioned that signals are stolen all the time, Senator Specter replied that cars are stolen all the time but that doesn't make it right.
Golic's response, " I think people are more concerned about stolen cars than stolen signals" There was an obvious moment of tension but I give Golic credit for not backing down.
Sen. Specter did commit a little gaffe and call them the St.Lous Cardinals.....like the Cardinals might even sniff the Super Bowl

Eagle fans.

Rhetorical question. :D

St. Louis CARDINALS? What an idiot.

Last edited:

I actually feel better about this now that I heard him. He basically just sounded like a man still in denial that the Eagles lost the SB. I don't think this is going to extend much beyond the current fury.

We'll see what Goodell says in 30 minutes.

I would love to see Tom tell Specter. " Sorry, you have to supeona me because I'll be at a parade" And if he does appear in front of him he should say " Senator, Just exactly what are YOUR obligations to Comcast?" "If you can answer this question to MY satisfaction, then I'll answer YOUR questions"

Re: Golic vs. Specter

Senator Arlen Specter was a guest on Mike and Mike Sunday defending his position
"the integrity of the game". When Golic mentioned that signals are stolen all the time, Senator Specter replied that cars are stolen all the time but that doesn't make it right.
Golic's response, " I think people are more concerned about stolen cars than stolen signals" There was an obvious moment of tension but I give Golic credit for not backing down.
Sen. Specter did commit a little gaffe and call them the St.Lous Cardinals.....like the Cardinals might even sniff the Super Bowl

i knew this was going to be a joke. what a waste of time. i want a real investigation. what a twerp.

Both Mikes are sane enough to agree at the end of the interview that they don't think stealing signals rises to the level of government investigation.

I would love to see Tom tell Specter. " Sorry, you have to supeona me because I'll be at a parade" And if he does appear in front of him he should say " Senator, Just exactly what are YOUR obligations to Comcast?" "If you can answer this question to MY satisfaction, then I'll answer YOUR questions"

Brady to Spector...%#$ you and that white horse you rode in on"!!!

This really, really bothers me. Can we please start investigating Specter and his past? Can we also delve into the past of all those investigating steroids in baseball? What these elected officials is doing is irresponsible, and it's a ******* WASTE OF MY ******* MONEY! There are people who take care of things like this: competition committees, commissioners, etc. Our elected officials are supposed to be spending their time dealing with the economy, the war we're involved in, etc. They're should not be involved in matters such as this and it ******* pisses me off.

Wow! Arlen Specter is really clueless.

He said Goodell's explaination of why he destroyed the tapes are bogus because Goodell didn't want anyone else to get a competitive advantage. Huh? Didn't Goodell say that he didn't want them to get leaked and if other tapes do surface that it was clear the Pats didn't turn over evidence.

He also said Matt "Welsch" claimed that he was the one who videotaped the Rams walkthrough. Who exactly is this Matt Welsch character. Maybe he did do it since Matt WALSH never claimed he was the on who videotaped the Rams' walththrough.

At least he basically admitted he is just a disgruntled Eagles fan who want to prove the Pats cheated in the Eagles/Pats Super Bowl and not really much of anything else.

Mike and Mike are killing him right now. They say Specter is getting mauled in their inbox worse than anyone else they've ever seen.

Emails pouring in almost universally saying he sounds like a disgruntled Eagle fan. They are now poking fun of him on the show saying the same.

Both Mikes are sane enough to agree at the end of the interview that they don't think stealing signals rises to the level of government investigation.

Why didn't someone ask that d*p**** why one team should be so thoroughly singled out if "stealing signals" is so commonly acknowledged? Shouldn't the entire league be investigated?

Someone posted a few days ago about Specter was a brain cancer survivor. Well, I think it definitely left some lasting effects.:rolleyes:

They asked Specter what his motivation was. He was at the Eagles SB and wants to know if the Eagles signals were stolen.

He said Goodell told him there was no evidence that Eagles signals were stolen but that wasn't good enough for him. He wants to know how Goodell came to that conclusion, who he spoke to, if he talked to Matt Walsh etc...

Golic just said to him that signal stealing has been going on for years why go after this, Specter answered well stealing cars has been going on for years too.

Stealing signals is like stealing cars :confused:

What a tool.

Specter is a disgruntled Eagles fans. He can't accept the fact that his Eagles lost the Super Bowl. In his twisted, distorted mind there must be some reason other than the best team won. This guy is a disgrace. The NFL should tell him to go pound sand. He equated stealing signals with stealing cars. Mike Golic mentioned that people are more concerned about stolen cars than they are about stolen signals. Good for Golic.

It appears that the scumbag Walsh will be destroyed in this process. He is now being accused of being a liar of the highest degree. His employment record will now be fair game. It sounds like he wasn't even employed by the Pats when the 1st Super Bowl was played. If that's the case, this entire thing comes apart at the seams.

And while we're at it we should start to investigate Specter's motivations behind this Pearl Harbor attack just before the Super Bowl. We need to look at his connections to Comcast. He has been accused of being beholden to the Comcast interests and we need to understand how much money he has received and how deeply in Comcast's pocket Specter is.

The war has just begun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back