PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: threads about Specter's media appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramden

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
On Mike and Mike a few minutes ago said that Sal Palontonio is coming up after the break with breaking news coming from a conversation with Arlen Specter. Can't wait to hear this.

Re: ESPN Radio teaser. Comment from Specter coming up.

According to Palontonio is calling for Goodell in his office Tuesday morning because the reasons Goodell gave for destroying the tapes do not ring true. He also wants to find out specifically what was on the tapes and notes and if Tom Brady has spoken with Goodell on if he knew what was on the tapes. If not he wants Brady in Washington too. He also wants to speak to Matt Walsh.

Specter is an embarrassment.............

Great timing. Try to distract the team and the starting QB the day of the SB with the threat of a subpoena. F***ing classless.

Last edited:

Paolantonio is a piece of garbage....not ONE WORD of COMCAST and WHY that is driving Spector...integrity..it's all his wanting to know what is going on..he should be ashamed of himself..Cpmcast..Spector..THAT is teh reason and the fact that THEY REFUSE tomention it tells me what frauds these turkeys are.
As well as both Mike and Mike....
I e-mailed the show..and asked them if they knew about Comcast and WHY Spector was doing this...and if they knew and did not TELL the whole story what they are saying IS PUTTING a spin on it all...
Walsh's demand for not saying anything UNLESS he will get legal money SAYS something. But these frauds REFUSE to tell the truth.

Thank god we've solved the problem of rising oil prices, the crisis in the Middle East, poverty, and corruption so that our government can finally tackle the important issues like this.

According to Palontonio is calling for Goodell in his office Tuesday morning because the reasons Goodell gave for destroying the tapes do not ring true. He also wants to find out specifically what was on the tapes and notes and if Tom Brady has spoken with Goodell on if he knew what was on the tapes. If not he wants Brady in Washington too. He also wants to speak to Matt Walsh.

I think Brady will be a little too busy on Tuesday, and all of next week for that matter. Maybe the league could arrange to send McNabb in his place, kind of like a pro bowl stand in, and he and Arlen could rehash how the Iggles got robbed of a Superbowl ring when their QB choked down the stretch.

I really think it's time for our congressional delagation to hit the horn.

And when the invite to the White House photo op comes in, I think we should become the first NFL team in history yet again - this time to say we're gonna pass, thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Just more confirmation that our elected officials are attention grabbing scumbags.

That weasel Greenberg can barely hide his joy in talking about this.

FYI, Roger Goodell will be on with them in about an hour.

Check M&M out in an hour and a half

Goodell is supposed to be on their show around 10ish.
I think Spector is acting like some kind of self important turd with all of his public demands that he wants to see this person or wants this question asked - that is totally out of line for someone in his position to act in this kind of grandstanding manner.

What in the world does Brady have to do with this?

This is an all out assualt by Specter to distract the team before the big game.

Nothing more, nothing less!

just heard "my gal sal" palantonio on espn radio say that specter wants to meet with goodell asap because his explanation of the camera gate tapes doesn't " ring true". i really hope specter is searching for the truth and not just grandstanding. hopefully he can do a better job than he did with the warren report. they f'd that up pretty bad. the warren report is a joke. i want the lid blown off this thing. i'm tired of the pats being singled out.

just heard "my gal sal" palantonio on espn radio say that specter wants to meet with goodell asap because his explanation of the camera gate tapes doesn't " ring true". i really hope specter is searching for the truth and not just grandstanding. hopefully he can do a better job than he did with the warren report. they f'd that up pretty bad. the warren report is a joke. i want the lid blown off this thing. i'm tired of the pats being singled out.
hello....the story that you did not hear was that Comcast who is having problems in negotiating with the NFL, is the second largest contributor to Spector. Gee I wonder why gal sal did NOT mention that?? Maybe he is getting payed off as well?? No guts to tell the truth of really what is going on??

Last edited:

Specter has threatened to bring Goodell before the Senate Judiciary Committee, right? Specter is the ranking Republican member, but Republicans are the minority party. I looked up on Wikipedia and the chairman of that committee is Patrick Leahy (VT). In addition, Ted Kennedy (MA) and Sheldon Whitehouse (RI) are also on that committee. Can Specter unilaterally bring people before this committee or does the chairman control the agenda? I'm not saying that the New England members of the committee would squash this out of loyalty to the Patriots. However, this whole Spygate thing is way outside the normal scope of the Judiciary committee. I would be shocked if Specter could singlehandedly bring business before the committee, especially issues which is doesn't usually (or maybe ever) consider. I would think it would require approval of the chairman to bring the issue before the committee as well as approval by a majority of the committee. This is all speculation on my part. If anyone is more familiar with Senate rules I'd appreciate if you could comment.

Edit: I looked up more info and apparently the Judiciary Committee has a subcommittee called "Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights". By its name it would appear to have oversight concerning the NFL's antitrust exemption.

Last edited:

Sal Palantonio is from Philadelphia, same as Specter.

hello....the story that you did not hear was that Comcast who is having problems in negotiating with the NFL, is the second largest contributor to Spector. Gee I wonder why gal sal did NOT mention that?? Maybe he is getting payed off as well?? No guts to tell the truth of really what is going on??

hello:) ...i know about comcast and specter, but i hope this is a true investigation.

ps: specter is a joke !!

Last edited:

Specter is coming up in a few minutes. Is there a reason this couldn't wait until Monday???? Speaks volumes about his agenda.

A U.S. Senator is calling Sal Palantonio on Super Bowl Sunday morning to try to affect the outcome of a game.

Unbelievable.

They really hate us.

They asked Specter what his motivation was. He was at the Eagles SB and wants to know if the Eagles signals were stolen.

He said Goodell told him there was no evidence that Eagles signals were stolen but that wasn't good enough for him. He wants to know how Goodell came to that conclusion, who he spoke to, if he talked to Matt Walsh etc...

Golic just said to him that signal stealing has been going on for years why go after this, Specter answered well stealing cars has been going on for years too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes