PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: threads about Specter's media appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Golic vs. Specter

Sounds like Spector is just pissed cause the Eagles loat and he was at the game..He is such a D*UCHB**G

Last edited:
Re: ESPN Radio teaser. Comment from Specter coming up.

I really think Specter being on this morning inadvertently did more to help the Pats than hurt. Fingers crossed that Goodell is confident in how he's handled the situation.

Can we also delve into the past of all those investigating steroids in baseball?

Steroids are different, though. The use of steroids in baseball falls under federal jurisdiction because (as many people seem not to realize), use of steroids is not only against the rules of the game of baseball, but also against the law. Stealing signals and taping walkthroughs, for all its strategic merit or lack thereof, is no such thing.

Last edited:

You heard it here. This whole ******* thing will blow up in Specter's face along with the 2-bit reporters at the Boston Herald. The Patriots will wipe the field with Giants tonight and all this mud will dry up and blow away once the sunshine exposes it just for what it is.

My biggest fear out of this is that Belichick will pull a Joe Gibbs and say **** this and disappear for a decade.

Sounds like Spector is just pissed cause the Eagles loat and he was at the game..He is such a D*UCHB**G

Where is the New England Senatorial congregation on this?? How about publicy calling out Specter and telling him to stop embarrassing himself and smearing the Patriots.

If I were BB and wanted to erase any possible distraction with this and show just how absurd these allegations are, I'd play them Specters interview in which he sounds like any bitter average Joe calling into your local sports talk show after a stinging defeat.

Guys.....don't be fooled. He's not as much an Eagles fan as just a politician pandering to a special interest group (Eagles Fans).

A bunch of moronic Eagles fans will enter voting booths and saying, yeah he's an idiot but he stuck up for the Eagles.

That's all this is. As well as creating a bargaining chip for Comcast against the NFL.

If Arlen Specter is the problem here (regarding the video scandal) then it's all going to be OK. The guy completely embarassed himself.

Matt Welsh, St Louis Cardinals.

He compared stealing SIGNALS to stealing AUTOMOBILES.

Think about that for a minute. Then throw in that this guy was on the freekin' Warren Commission.

Edit---He also said that the tapes shouldn't have been destroyed. They would have been safe under lock and key at the NFL offices, completely ignoring the fact that one of them WAS LEAKED TO JAY GLAZER.

Last edited:

Where is the New England Senatorial congregation on this?? How about publicy calling out Specter and telling him to stop embarrassing himself and smearing the Patriots.

Maybe they're dealing with one of the million more important things that United States Senators should be dealing with.

He sounded like a total rube. I would have felt better if they asked him about his affiliation with Comcast.

Speaking of clueless, Spector also said, "The St. Louis Cardinals"....

Hes been hanging with Senator Chivas too long....

Brady should decline the request and wait to be subpeonaed. This is a non issue for the government and further proof we have too many congressmen with too little to do.

Hey Sen. Specter, is this really what you are being paid for?

Our sons, brothers, daughters, wives and friends are dying in Iraq, and you want to focus on football?! Go kill yourself!

Is this what you got elected for? The NFL is a private business....what goes on in it is none of your concern. Why don't you take the tax payers money that you are wasting right now and buy some poor soldier the government that YOU are apart of lied to some body armor? I think that would be time well spent.

And to be clear, I dont feel this way only because the pats are involved. I honestly feel the same way with baseball right now....this is not the time to waste on matters that arent destroying this once great country. I feel this way because of all the things that needs fixing in this country like our bridges, our economy, our dependence on foreign oil, the halt to the buying of our government, this "man" wants to focus on football. Its a little too much, "pay no attention to the 10 ton elephant in the room" for me to take anymore.

Once again, Arlon Specter, you should be ashamed of yourself!

He compared stealing signals to stealing automobiles. That should be the end of the investigation.

Golic was great- -arms crossed the whole time. He should have lit Specter up and drilled him with questions.

Specter's sour grapes, Philly fan vomit has made him shrivel like a raisin. Go away you senile old bastard.

Greenberg said it was a story only because Specter was involved. It's only a story if they choose to cover it. If the Giants aren't in the game, the NY Media and NY Times isn't involved and none of this is regurgitated again.

Just listened to Specter on OTL on ESPN...

The man is senile. He can barely spit out a coherent thought, and misrepresented several aspects of this issue. He claimed the NFL destroyed the tapes because they were worried about other teams gaining a competitive advantage by watching them (what?), rather than the NFL's explanation that they didn't want further leaks and believed the tapes no longer served any purpose. Just a disgusting human being, this is the same man that used his position to protect that scumbag Karl Rove from contempt hearings.

Shockingly both Mikes are saying enough is enough. Specter is out of line and the Pats have been punished enough, let's move on.

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that from them.

Even Greenberg says Specter is overdoing it, " it's getting ridiculous."
It was a great idea having them do a Sunday show today and better than the alternatives on ESPN or NFLN, especially for those of us outside NE.

Last edited:

A sad commentary on our elected officials when Golic comes across as the more intelligent of the two

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey