PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty DROY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people thought Suh had it locked up, today may have changed that. Suh was invisible (except to the penalty flags) after the first few minutes (and his D got 45 hung on it) of the game and McCourty was key to the win.

No doubt about it.

Suh is an amazing player (if you get a chance, read what Wilfork had to say about him this week), but McCourty fully belongs in the DROY discussion. I agree that Thursday's nationally-viewed game went a long way towards leveling what had been an uneven playing field for Suh.

The next five weeks will tell; McCourty has the advantage that he will be playing all of his games in a national spotlight, with @Home Monday and Sunday nighters thrown in for good measure; a couple of big, prime time plays against the Sanchize or Rogers will be sweet for him.

Last edited:
I never got the love afair with PFF. Overrated site.

BTW, they have Joe Haden (who they have ranked 13th overall for all CBs eventhough he has mostly been a back up) and Alterraun Verner as stronger contenders for ROY. McCourty doesn't even make their top 10 rookies eventhough the other two do. In fact, the Patriot they had on the list of top rookies in previous weeks was Spikes, not McCourty.

Race for Rookie of the Year: No. 1 looks familiar | ProFootballFocus.com

Also in their list of Offensive players of the year, they have Josh Sitton and Carl Nicks on the list, but no mention of Brady. Brady isn't listed as in the mix of being just outside the top ten, but Ahmad Bradshaw is who is lost his starting job this week because of his fumbling problem.

Offensive Player of the Year: Ice, Ice, baby | ProFootballFocus.com

If this information doesn't show how flawed their logic is, I don't know what does.

Wow, that site seems terrible. Peyton moved up two spots for his game against the Patriots!! That is shnutz!! I know I would have downgraded him!

Jacob

Mccourty definitely deserves a strong mention....Haden? Surely not.

Suh has been great for the lions though!

Wow, that site seems terrible. Peyton moved up two spots for his game against the Patriots!! That is shnutz!! I know I would have downgraded him!

Jacob

I guess Brady's problem with getting the proper recognition from PFF is that he isn't throwing enough INTs. The fact that he hasn't thrown an INT since the Ravens game (which was a garbage end of the game hail mary pass) has really hurt his cred on that site.

Last edited:
Watching today's games, I think any doubt that Suh will win is gone once you look at how many DBs are having good rookie years. McCourty, E Thomas, Haden, E Berry, N Allen. They'll pretty much cancel each other out when voting time comes.

I'll just take solace in knowing McCourty will be wearing the Patriots #32 for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back