PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty DROY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who won last year? was it Orakpo or Mathews? because both had pretty darn good years as well as Byrd

Cushing from Huston,he was caught using steriods

McCourty is making a great case for himself, but Suh is still the pick here.

I'm loving the season McCourty is having and he certainly has a good shot at winning, but Suh is not only having one of the best rookie seasons for a DT ever, he's currently the best DT in the league.

I posted this very same thread a few weeks ago and people laughed at me. Well whos laughing now! HAHAHA
What do you mean? Suh was invisible after the first quarter

What do you mean? Suh was invisible after the first quarter

Suh didn't have a great game overall today, but he is having a phenomenal season.

Suh is leading all interior linemen in the WHOLE LEAGUE in sacks. Granted sacks are mostly a sexy stat, but he ate BJGE in the backfield today too. Ed Reed has 4 picks in 4 games, and being so far ahead makes picks kinda a garbage stat as some point too right? Both are having great years but Suh has expectations and a team he is holding up, give the man his due.

Suh is leading all interior linemen in the WHOLE LEAGUE in sacks. Granted sacks are mostly a sexy stat, but he ate BJGE in the backfield today too. Ed Reed has 4 picks in 4 games, and being so far ahead makes picks kinda a garbage stat as some point too right? Both are having great years but Suh has expectations and a team he is holding up, give the man his due.
WTFingF are you talking about?
Suh made 2 plays.
How does Suh starting for a team that hasnt won a playoff game in decades have higher expecatations tham McCourty starting for the team of the just compelted decade that has the best record in the NFL?
How is Sh 'holding up' a team that is 2-9????????????

#90 Suh is a freaking good player. If the season ended today he would be the most suitable candidate imo, with McCourty and Thomas trailing behind him. But...there is still football to be played and I must say McCourty is balling his tail off right now. Anyway you mix it, McCourty was a slam dunk pick that I wasn't too high on. Shows how much I know.

And so is McCourty.

Not saying he isn't. Suh's season so far is just better. McCourty has closed the gap, but he would have to finish strong and Suh would need to hit a rookie wall to allow McCourty to overtake Suh. That isn't a swipe at McCourty at all, but Suh has been dominant for most of the year while McCourty had some early growing pains.

One thing we can say, so far McCourty was a brilliant pick by Belichick and company and appears to be the best CB to come out of this year's draft and #2 isn't even very close.

The preseason battle between Pat and Jets fan of who got the better CB right now appears to be a joke since McCourty right now is one of the best CBs in the NFL right now (not just rookie CBs) while Wilson is struggling. The Browns might have been better off drafting McCourty over Joe Haden too.

Uh, it's Suh and it's not even close. McCourty is having a good rookie season for a CB though.

Not saying he isn't. Suh's season so far is just better. McCourty has closed the gap, but he would have to finish strong and Suh would need to hit a rookie wall to allow McCourty to overtake Suh. That isn't a swipe at McCourty at all, but Suh has been dominant for most of the year while McCourty had some early growing pains.

One thing we can say, so far McCourty was a brilliant pick by Belichick and company and appears to be the best CB to come out of this year's draft and #2 isn't even very close.

The preseason battle between Pat and Jets fan of who got the better CB right now appears to be a joke since McCourty right now is one of the best CBs in the NFL right now (not just rookie CBs) while Wilson is struggling. The Browns might have been better off drafting McCourty over Joe Haden too.

Agreed with the enitire post.

Seriously though, what are you baisng this on>? Suh was invisible today after making 2 plays. Many people think that 7 1/2 sacks makes a player., I say thats 7 1./2 plays in a season and you need to look deeper than stats.

Uh, it's Suh and it's not even close. McCourty is having a good rookie season for a CB though.
Just curious. Total honesty, how much have you seen Suh play this season?

Alterraun Verner is closer than you think. Doesn't have the same upside, though.

I would rather see McCourty be named to this season's Pro Bowl than to be named the Defensive Rookie of the Year. It's hard not to see it as being Suh's award to lose.

Because a rookie could win a Rookie of the Year award and never be on a Pro Bowl team, or fade as an impact player like Shawne Merriman.

I'm still waiting for Mayo to make a Pro Bowl team. My point is, to win a Rookie of the Year award isn't everything.

Still... If what you say is true, the Devolin and the Suh Tang could be dangerous.

I would rather see McCourty be named to this season's Pro Bowl than to be named the Defensive Rookie of the Year. It's hard not to see it as being Suh's award to lose.

Because a rookie could win a Rookie of the Year award and never be on a Pro Bowl team, or fade as an impact player like Shawne Merriman.

I'm still waiting for Mayo to make a Pro Bowl team. My point is, to win a Rookie of the Year award isn't everything.

Still... If what you say is true, the Devolin and the Suh Tang could be dangerous.
The awards are really menaingless, I just started this thread because people are falling over themselves to say how great Suh is and McCourty was MUCH better on the same field today.

lol

You guys are going to knock Suh because his team gives up tons of points, yet at the same time the Pats secondary is one of the worst in the league.

That argument is just silly, both players have been awesome, however at the end of the day Suh will probably get it because he has sexier stats and is a more well known name.

lol

You guys are going to knock Suh because his team gives up tons of points, yet at the same time the Pats secondary is one of the worst in the league.

That argument is just silly, both players have been awesome, however at the end of the day Suh will probably get it because he has sexier stats and is a more well known name.
Do you think that his defense allowing 45 points today is not a negative on Suh? Isnt his job to keep the other team from scoring? Did he make a single play while the Pats were scoring 35 second half points? Is he notn supposed to?

lol

Most seem to be "knocking" Suh (you can't even call it that) because he was completely taken out of the game today except for the first two series of the game while McCourty had two picks and has had five as a rookie playing in one of the more complicated defensive systems in the NFL.

How's Kyle Wilson going for you, by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back