PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty and other injuries update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me Crazy, but I'm almost willing to say Harmon has been playing better, or as well as Dmac this season. McCourty has really taken some bad angles at times this year.

Harmon is a lot slower than McCourty. He's still a good player but that's the big difference that I notice between their games. While both are technically Free Safeties, Harmon has to play a lot closer to the line of scrimmage. McCourty can play way the hell back and have the entire game in front of him and make the right decision and evne help out in the run game. As usual, everyone around here completely underrates McCourty.

Sometimes it is difficult to tell how well someone is playing until they are not in the line-up. I say this because to me McCourty hasn't been playing well this year. He seemed to be taking bad angles, getting late on pass completion, missing tackles... I'm more impressed with Chung than McCourty both in run and pass defense.

If McCourty has a high ankle sprain he could be done until the divisional or AFCCG.

Tape him up he plays Center Field anyway he's not making a Tackle on every play.

I will say this about Duron Harmon he has a Great pair of hands better than some of the WR's on this Team.

By quantity, this year's Pats injuries look like the 2013 team - except almost all will be back for the playoffs.

But Pitt losing Ben for a bunch of games, Luck being gone (Indy sucks anyway), and now Dalton being gone...those kind of injuries are team-breaking.

BB doesn't like shiny things and builds a 63-man roster, and is constantly looking around for next-men-up beyond his roster. That's why the Pats are always there.

ps. Last night, Hicks, Mayo, and Branch (as always) were outstanding - Houston has a good running game.

I heard this morning that Stork didn't finish the game. I didn't even realize that somehow. It's something about his lower leg.

Have not heard about Blount yet, which is their thinnest position.

Anyone have any update on Blount?

I heard this morning that Stork didn't finish the game. I didn't even realize that somehow. It's something about his lower leg.
First I hear of that.. though the Snap counts show stork only played 91% of the snaps..

Anyone have any update on Blount?
I'm fearing for the worst with Blount. The fact he was ruled out so quickly after having the X-rays done doesn't bode well. Unlike with Freeny and McCourty, we've heard almost immediately the results.. I haven't heard any news on the results from Blount's..

Not horrible, all in all:
Devin McCourty hopes to escape major injury. By video, it seems to be a mild high ankle type sprain. The position of his foot and leg save him as he is rolled up on from behind.

CWKQCtmWEAAwIKI.jpg

LeGarrett Blount appears to have a posterior hip injury. By video, there is no indication for major trauma and hopefully it just involves a muscle injury.

Dominque Easley seemed to have a quad strain by video. A thigh injury was confirmed and he tried to keep it loose on the stationary bike. Although the injury may be mild, it may affect him some moving forward. The quad is vital for his bull rush and holding his ground.
Monday Morning MD: Andy Dalton season over? | National Football Post

First I hear of that.. though the Snap counts show stork only played 91% of the snaps..
Stork is fine, he just had to replace his shoe. Evidently he wears the same shoes all year until they give out. And one gave out last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe