PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mazz: Belichick should be suspended a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mazz is just mad there's something distracting him from his beloved Red Sux. God forbid a news item come up to distract him from his favorite subject of ranting and raving.

YUP!

Mazz's baseball hour at 6:00 during the football season is pitiful but never more so than this season when the Red Sox suck so bad. What is there to talk about? Nothing so the baseball nerds like Mazz gin up some pointless subject like signing Ellsebury to a long-term deal--sorry guys but if I am Ellbury I would never ever play for Boston again after his shabby treatment by the press and fans. Screw that he must be saying. No player in their right mind would want to play here and subject themselves to the local douches on the radio.

Last edited:

Mazz = village idiot. Felger = village moron. I was really hoping that 98.5 would be a viable alternative to The Big Show, but it has failed, big time. I can handle Felger's garbage, but coupled with that idiotic, shrill, high-pitched squeal makes listening intolerable and the lesser of two evils has forced me back to Ordway's moronic ramblings. You just know Boston sports radio really sucks when the best of the bunch seems to be Gresh and Zo for Pats talk.

Mazz comes from a baseball world where touching the ump is a no-no. His ignorance in this matter shines like a beacon. He's got no clue what he's talking about on this and should leave football to the experts.

To be honest, I had the same reaction as others (suspended) when BB put his hand on the ref's arm...that is a big no-no.

But with these replacement refs in place who are completely incompetent and everyone knows it, is it appropriate to suspend the best coach in the league because he was completely frustrated by how the entire game was called and how the refs handled the situation (FG review)??? Doesn't seem just.

I do think that BB should not have grabbed the ref so maybe a fine is appropriate. I just don't think a suspension is warranted.

These are interesting times and the league cannot view this issue in black and white glasses (no pun intended).

Last edited:
i wish he would have given that ref a good swift kick in the ***. :) and yes, mazz is a moron.

I don't think it's an outlandish take. Right after it happened I thought to myself 'crap, I hope he doesn't get suspended'. I mean, knowing Goodell, how could you rule that out?

If I was putting money on it, I'd say 50-75K fine. But I wouldn't not be surprised the least bit if the commish suspended him a game, particularly considering they sent out a memo just this week warning teams to avoid intimidating the replacement refs.

On the flip side though, a coach is trying to get an explanation of a call, and the ref is more interested in running off the field than doing hsi job. What are the coach's recourses?

I think if the sequence was
1. Ref explains to Bill the call and the reason it cant be replayed
2. Bill gets pissed and continues arguing
3. Ref walks away
4. Bill chases him down and grabs him

Then maybe Bill should be suspended

But since the sequence was
1. Bill doesn't understand why the call isnt being replayed
2. Ref tries to get off the field as quickly as possible
3. Bill tries to get his attention
4. Ref keeps ignoring him
5. Bill grabs him to get his attention

That sequence is more innate human behavior.

If anything, the Ref should be suspended for being more interested in getting home than doing his job -- which includes explaining contraversal calls to coaches.

Can't stand that sniveling, irritating little puke. However he ended up with that prime radio gig is a crime against broadcasting.

Can't stand that sniveling, irritating little puke. However he ended up with that prime radio gig is a crime against broadcasting.

The 6:00 baseball hour during football season must be the lowest rated show on the air. You would have to be totally besotted with baseball drivel to listen to it...oh wait...

Local mediots write controversial articles like this because it is infinitely better to write an article that gets peoples' attention - even if they are being ridiculed - than it is to write a level headed article that no one pays attention to.

By starting this thread, you give him exactly what he wants, and I have no doubt he laughs all the way to the bank.

Mazz's comments have nothing to do with football, being a resident contrarian drives the ratings, facebook likes and twitter followers, unfortunately how they measure success...

The medium has become the message..

And yet, for someone who doesn't know football nor what he's talking about, this thread is set to go multiple pages about him.

They should suspend mazz for a couple of days for stupidity and/or general principal.

On the flip side though, a coach is trying to get an explanation of a call, and the ref is more interested in running off the field than doing hsi job. What are the coach's recourses?

I think if the sequence was
1. Ref explains to Bill the call and the reason it cant be replayed
2. Bill gets pissed and continues arguing
3. Ref walks away
4. Bill chases him down and grabs him

Then maybe Bill should be suspended

But since the sequence was
1. Bill doesn't understand why the call isnt being replayed
2. Ref tries to get off the field as quickly as possible
3. Bill tries to get his attention
4. Ref keeps ignoring him
5. Bill grabs him to get his attention

That sequence is more innate human behavior.

If anything, the Ref should be suspended for being more interested in getting home than doing his job -- which includes explaining controversial calls to coaches.

I wish I could give this post more 'likes' than just one.

By starting this thread, you give him exactly what he wants, and I have no doubt he laughs all the way to the bank.

Not exactly. Just as Steve DeOssie.

Mazz: The only sport I know about is irrelevant. Please pay attention to me anyways.

Put me in a UFC cage match with this ****weed and let's see what happens. I need to avenge Tuft's deteriorating rep from tools like him and Tomasse.

Maz to football is like cats to water

PWP, are you a Jumbo also? I always knew there was something "a cut above" about you! I agree that Mazz and Tomase's douche-y-ness is tougher to take for us Powderhouse Square rotary area refugees.

I came home early yesterday and had the TV on CCSN.

Mazz sounds like a drama queen. When I heard him talk, I could picture him wearing a prom dress.

Right on queue he compares BB to a baseball manager bumping an umpire and how they would get a 1 game suspension, so BB should get one.

I believe I heard that he is a Tufts grad, and can't figure out that a 1 game suspension over a 162 game schedule is a hell of a lot different than a 1 game suspension over a 16 game schedule. Even Felger, no less of a drama queen, shook his head and laughed.

I expected Tufts to call and demand their degree back.

Last edited:
PWP, are you a Jumbo also? I always knew there was something "a cut above" about you! I agree that Mazz and Tomase's douche-y-ness is tougher to take for us Powderhouse Square rotary area refugees.

Yes BSEE Tufts University

Babson MBA

The only football I played at Tufts was fraternity league where I was stuck at blocking back on offense. Still remember all the grit and stones ground into my skin. This was before Jumbo was burned up.

Talking football with him is like talking football with my 9 year old daughter.

...and even she knows Mazz is awful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye