PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassell=Kyle Orton

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If he develops under BB, probably at best he would be like Kyle Orton (aka game manager).

His ceiling is not very high

What a shame to waste a Randy Moss season in his prime on this QB

Why don't you wait at least half a season until you decide what's wasted and what someone's ceiling is. Basing judgments on such little data is ignornant at best and biased at second-best.

Matt Cassell = Matt Cassell

Orton has no arm. Cassell has a strong arm. Cassell can run. Orton can't. Poor comparison.

another dumb post about cassel.

First, Cassel is no Kyle orton. Kyle Orton was a successful college QB who earned a starting job in the NFL.

Second, I keep hearing about how great Cassel's arm is. Tom Brady tried to pump up his back-up by saying he has more physical gifts and now Cassel has this all-world arm. If thats true, why can't he hit a wide open Randy Moss on the deep ball? Why is the OC not calling more plays deep throws to randy moss more often? Don't blame it on the O-line, and don't tell me it's because they are double teaming moss. A good QB would find a way get it to the best WR in the league.

Patjew.

Being a fan is not investment banking or rocket science.
There is no rule regarding the minimum data set necessary to base an opinion.

Regarding calling this "ignorant" , I would say that is very harsh....You could say it is based on limited information...but "ignorant" ...

My opinion is based on what I have seen of MattCassell in three years, the preseason and 4 regular season games.

Its opinion that is all.

MC will not bthe quarterback of this team passed midseason...I can promise you that.

Second, I keep hearing about how great Cassel's arm is. Tom Brady tried to pump up his back-up by saying he has more physical gifts and now Cassel has this all-world arm. If thats true, why can't he hit a wide open Randy Moss on the deep ball? Why is the OC not calling more plays deep throws to randy moss more often? Don't blame it on the O-line, and don't tell me it's because they are double teaming moss. A good QB would find a way get it to the best WR in the league.

So, Brady was not a good QB last Feb?

My comment makes as little sense as your rant.

Last edited:
If he develops under BB, probably at best he would be like Kyle Orton (aka game manager).

And you know this after seeing him in pre-season and 3 games experience (2-1 record) ??

Or, is it your private access to Patriots practices, coaches meetings, film study etc.

So, Brady was not a good QB last Feb?

My comment makes as little sense as your rant.

No, you're comment is actually not that far off base. Brady was not the same QB after he hurt his ankle. He still pulled out some magic, but he was way off the mark on the last drive on those three three hail mary's to Moss at the end of the game. After the O line's testicles dropped and brady had time, he threw it up to moss, he just couldn't hit him

Patjew.

Being a fan is not investment banking or rocket science.
There is no rule regarding the minimum data set necessary to base an opinion.

Regarding calling this "ignorant" , I would say that is very harsh....You could say it is based on limited information...but "ignorant" ...

My opinion is based on what I have seen of MattCassell in three years, the preseason and 4 regular season games.

Its opinion that is all.

MC will not bthe quarterback of this team passed midseason...I can promise you that.

I am not trying to be harsh. And I do not want to argue with anyone here. But I just don't see how anyone can make claims about "ceilings" yet, high or low. We have so little to go on! Why not wait?

And I'd be saying the same thing if Cassel had played great and people were calling him the next Elway or Marino.

another dumb post about cassel.

First, Cassel is no Kyle orton. Kyle Orton was a successful college QB who earned a starting job in the NFL.

I think it may have to do with the O-line and double teaming Moss ;).

I think it may have to do with the O-line and double teaming Moss ;).
how did moss score 23 touchdowns last year, is this double teaming something new?

how did moss score 23 touchdowns last year, is this double teaming something new?

Did you miss the ";)"?

But did it not seem the Tom sometimes had all day to throw last year, especially in the first half of the season? For whatever reasons, I do think that the O-line performed better last year.

Matt Cassel is an average QB.I think this team will ride him out for the rest of the year and it sucks.

Why don't you wait at least half a season until you decide what's wasted and what someone's ceiling is. Basing judgments on such little data is ignornant at best and biased at second-best.

I can almost guarantee you that Matt Cassel will never be a good QB. Granted - I'm spoiled by having Tom Brady lead this team for so many years - and any replacement will be a huge drop-off, but lets face it, Matt Cassel is not quick to make his reads and he's not exactly a very accurate passer.

How anyone here can predict this team doing better than 8-8, 9-7 at best, is funny. The defense has to carry this team. The only way that happens is 1) the d-line has to be "on" all the time and 2) seriously, Tedy Bruschi needs a lot of time on the bench.

How about we stop the posts about the opinions of how bad Matt Cassel (ONE FRIGGIN L man!) you THINK he will do this year and in his career. Don't use the excuse of "my opinion" crap. You have NO idea, absolutely no idea, nor can you even make an educated guess as to where his ceiling is. You want to comment on his play thus far and offer your opinion on that, fine. But this ignorant and egotistical crap on how you are so good at evaluating talent you can already tell how "bad" Cassel will be. Yet you can't even spell the man's name right...

Jeez,

Don't you watch the games any?

Stallworth isn't here CJAX was cut, and Jabbar Gaffney has been hurt, along with Ben Watson. It has been a 2 man show so far, Moss and Welker.

What kind of "fan" are you, if you don't know that makes it a lot easier to double or triple cover Randy?

To all other so called Fans. The best you have in 2009 is Cassel. Cassell is what you have. Cassel is what you are going to have this year. Get over it, and hope he will succeed.

Some of the members of this forum are shell shocked after the

loss of Tom Brady. They have delusions that Bill Belichick can

convert Matt Cassel into a serviceable quarterback who will lead

the Pats to the playoffs and maybe the Superbowl. The sad fact

is that the majority of the teams in the AFC have a better quarterback

than Matt Cassel.

Don't blame it on the O-line, and don't tell me it's because they are double teaming moss. A good QB would find a way get it to the best WR in the league.

You have to establish yourself as good before you can get away with doing that. Right now Cassel would not be showing much as far as decision making to his coaches if he were consistantly throwing it into double coverage. He has to show he is a good QB before he can get away with that.

It is MY OPINION that Belichick took a gamble with the back-up QB situation... and lost. I also know he will do his best to make it work.....but you would have to be a blind homer to not understand that the defense has to step up and take charge here because the chances of the offense taking over a game are nil to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back