PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk: the dumbing down of America

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. It didn't say of a game that they gathered the informtion from. it just says of a game. which would mean ANY game i would assume. You could say he interpreted it differently, but I'd say that would be a huge stretch to make. I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

You have to change your perspective. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who runs an NFL team. The league has an almost infinite number of rules, many of which have completely legal loopholes. When you're operating with this mindset, you're always looking for the loopholes. If you're dedicated towards mastering the system, then you need to learn where the loopholes are.

1.) This is not a political forum

2.) Bush had better grades in college than Kerry

3.) Bush and Gore were both B/C students in college

Even if we all got it wrong and Georgey Boy is the most intelligent man alive, the undeniable truth is that he was elected b/c people saw him as an "intelligent" man.

He was elected b/c he seemed like a "regular guy who people could have a beer with", which of course is the #1 criteria for our Bible Belt voters.

Oh yeah, and it didn't hurt that his family connections allowed him to literally steal the election. Well, when I say it didn't hurt, I mean it didn't hurt him, b/c obviously it has really hurt this nation and the rest of world. But at least he seems like a guy we could have a beer with.

Last edited:
Even if we all got it wrong and Georgey Boy is the most intelligent man alive, the undeniable truth is that he was elected b/c people saw him as an "intelligent" man.

He was elected b/c he seemed like a "regular guy who people could have a beer with", which of course is the #1 criteria for our Bible Belt voters.

Oh yeah, and it didn't hurt that his family connections allowed him to literally steal the election. Well, when I say it didn't hurt, I mean it didn't hurt him, b/c obviously it has really hurt this nation and the rest of world. But at least he seems like a guy we could have a beer with.

1.) AGAIN..... this is not a political forum

The point was that they knew it was going to be used on the test. It works.

No, you are assuming he was going to use it on the "test." There is no proof that Belichick was going to decipher an hour's worth of tape in the very limited time he has in the locker room and then use that tape in the second half. It's impossible to do so.

To go back to the test analogy... A standardized calculus test for high school students has two packets, one packet with the test questions and one packet for the answers. Students are allowed all the paper they need for scratch work. You are not allowed to take either of the packets out of the room, but you can take any and all scratch paper with you. The proctors do not check the scratch paper at all. This means that you can, in theory, copy all of the problems from the test onto your scrap paper (provided you have time) and use those questions for later study. This is not against the rules, although it has the same effect as taking the packet with the problems, which would be against the rather silly rules.

Belichick was fined half a mil and the Patriots a quarter of a mil and a first round pick because they took the packet out of the room.

Now GFY and go back to IndyStar.

This "back and forth" is silly. While I don't care much for Faulk because of his inability to be unbiased in his reporting, I brought up this issue right after the Jets game in week one. I'm not hear to change anyone's vote for Coach of the Year because I could care less as long as the season ends with a Super Bowl victory. The fact of the matter is, BB isn't a polarizing individual and isn't as charasmatic as the media would like him to be, and he doesn't need to be.

People aren't going to support BB for Coach of the Year with reasons including his cold demeanor and lack of tv personality. They will come to their own conclusions to what went on with the recording of defensive signals in game one. They will pile on all other allegations and nothing will stop them, but in the end, they will all prove themselves ignorant if the coach goes 16-0 in the regular season.

Fans will look back at an undefeated team in the regular season, if the case, and will wonder why Bill didn't win. And how do you explain it? "Well son, it was assumed that since they were found recording a game in week one, many felt the entire season was a fraud."

Sounds good I suppose for all you haters and ignorant fools.

I think there is a chance he will not get it based on that. not saying it is right, but it is possible. it will prob go to romeo insted if that happens

Let me give you an analogy, it would be like if you were caught with notecards that you were going to use for an exam before it began. They'd be taken away and you'd get no competitive advantage over the other students, but you still got caught cheating.

But your analogy doesn't fit. It's more like if your friend were caught making copies of the answers to a test that your were in the middle of taking so that you could check your answers later.

The Professor isn't gonna like it, but it's not cheating.

The point was that they knew it was going to be used on the test. It works.

How could he "know" that it would be on the test?

Unless the "teacher" was too stupid to not change the questions.

If the teacher gives the exact same test each time out, then the teacher is just as much at fault.

Please - anyone reading this who is a Patriots fan, please click on the "User CP" link at the top of this page, click on "Buddy / Ignore Lists", type Arrrr into the box under "Ignore List" and click "Save List".

I'm sicking of seeing this obvious Colts troll being quoted all over the place. He is the definition of a troll. The only way to beat a troll is to ignore him/her.

Maximum verbosity,Tunescribe,nicely done.....

Why is it my burden of proof to prove a negative? Can you prove all other 31 coaches aren't alien cyborgs designed by belichick to be inferior?[/QUOTE

If the NFL said the Patriots gained no competitive advantage and didn't Cheat, why do you still insist they did? Is it because you're stupid? No, it's because continuing to parrot the media's talking points that the Pats are Cheaters fits your agenda. You're to lazy or intellectually dishonest to look at the situation and realize that the Pats were guilty of nothing more than having a camera man in the wrong location.

So illegally taping defensive signals for later use is not an unfair advantage? how is it not an unfair advantage?

Because getting defensive signals by other means (watching and writing down, filming them from an approved location, etc) is perfectly legal.

Stealing defensive signals is not illegal in football. It happens all the time.

Filming from an unapproved location is the rule they broke. They didn't gain any information that couldn't have been gained in another way. They just got lazy and didn't want to go through the effort to get it without breaking the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents