PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk: the dumbing down of America

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I just don't think he sits around studying rule books and Polians latest additions. He coaches football, he doesn't take notes and write memos and ***** and moan, he coaches football-well.
Oh, I guess knowing what the rules are isn't part of his job as a coach. SILLY ME!

Just like Martin Luther Dungy misinterprets the Bible en route to hating gays? Look, the rule easily could be interpreted re., prohibiting taping for use during the game it was shot in. It's not that hard to understand. If you want to believe he deliberately cheated go right ahead, but you'd be choosing to be wrong.
show me the rule and how it could be interpreted that way.

Oh, I guess knowing what the rules are isn't part of his job as a coach. SILLY ME!

I see your point, but honestly, I find it stupid that there is actually a rule about the placement of a camera in a stadium filled with hundreds of them!!

show me the rule and how it could be interpreted that way.

No, look it up yourself -- you're the one with the myopic fixation on ignorance. Myself and others here have given you more than enough already, you just choose to remain a fool.(Can't wait 'til we spank your phony little team again. Hope it happens yet this season.)

Last edited:
No, look it up yourself -- you're the one with the myopic fixation on ignorance. (Can't wait 'til we spank your phony little team again. Hope it happens yet this season.)
Can't back it up huh? That's too bad.

Can't back it up huh? That's too bad.

I don't need to, I've seen it. I just don't feel like hunting it down again and having you once again claim that the world is flat. You're not open to reason. Like I said, if you care enough, look it up yourself.

Last edited:
I don't need to, I've seen it. I just don't feel like hunting it down again and having you once again claim that the world is flat. You're not open to reason. Like I said, if you care enough, look it up yourself.
haha, i call you out and you back away. That's pretty typical though and just what I expected. I promise that if it looks at all ambiguous I'll take back what I've said. I am very open to reason.

Last edited:
I am very open to reason.

We had a thread here earlier in which the rule was posted verbatim. If I can locate it I'll re-post for your education. Then we'll see how "open to reason" you truly are.

Last edited:
We had a thread here earlier in which the rule was posted verbatim. If I can locate it I'll re-post for your education. Then we'll see how "open to reason" you truly are.
ok, go ahead. I'll be willing to eat heaping helpings of crow pie if I'm wrong.

ok, go ahead. I'll be willing to eat heaping helpings of crow pie if I'm wrong.

Do you like your crow baked or fried? Here it is:

In the league's Constitution & Bylaws, it reads: "Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."

If you don't see room for interpretation in that, you're in denial.

Last edited:
Do you like your crow baked or fried? Here it is:

In the league's Constitution & Bylaws, it reads: "Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."
ok. It didn't say of a game that they gathered the informtion from. it just says of a game. which would mean ANY game i would assume. You could say he interpreted it differently, but I'd say that would be a huge stretch to make. I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

ok. It didn't say of a game that they gathered the informtion from. it just says of a game. which would mean ANY game i would assume. You could say he interpreted it differently, but I'd say that would be a huge stretch to make. I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Come on, man. It EASILY could be interpreted as referring exclusively to the game at hand.

Let me give you an analogy, it would be like if you were caught with notecards that you were going to use for an exam before it began. They'd be taken away and you'd get no competitive advantage over the other students, but you still got caught cheating.

Hey Pirate, if those "notecards" are not used during the exam but immediately prior to, how is that cheating? Is that not "studying up (or in the NFL advanced scouting)?"

I know that I never received a zero or was accused of "cheating" for using any type of material prior to an exam (and that includes being told to put materials away as the exam was being passed out). Your analogy proves that what BB did was not cheating so thanks for absolving the Pats from the misguided thought of them "cheating."

Your analogy contradicts itself.

Come on, man. It EASILY could be interpreted as referring exclusively to the game at hand.
I mean, I could see how you could see it that way, but it seems like BB would know better right? It just says for A game, not the game at hand. I dunno, I say it's a stretch. If I was a Pats fan, I would definitely see it that way, but I dunno.

Hey Pirate, if those "notecards" are not used during the exam but immediately prior to, how is that cheating? Is that not "studying up (or in the NFL advanced scouting)?"

I know that I never received a zero or was accused of "cheating" for using any type of material prior to an exam (and that includes being told to put materials away as the exam was being passed out). Your analogy proves that what BB did was not cheating so thanks for absolving the Pats from the misguided thought of them "cheating."

Your analogy contradicts itself.
The point was that they knew it was going to be used on the test. It works.

I mean, I could see how you could see it that way, but it seems like BB would know better right? It just says for A game, not the game at hand. I dunno, I say it's a stretch. If I was a Pats fan, I would definitely see it that way, but I dunno.

Try looking at it objectively. Like I said, it easily can be interpreted as referring to the game in which the devices are used. Sure, it doesn't specify "the game at hand," nor does it specify "any game present or future." It's open to interpretation. BB doesn't need to "know better" than feel comfortable with the rule covering what he was doing.

Try looking at it objectively. Like I said, it easily can be interpreted as referring to the game in which the devices are used. Sure, it doesn't specify "the game at hand," nor does it specify "any game present or future." It's open to interpretation. BB doesn't need to "know better" than feel comfortable with the rule covering what he was doing.
I would say that maybe it wasn't obvious cheating on BB's part, but as a coaching genius I think he should have known better and been absolutely sure about that rule.
So I guess I was wrong after all!

Last edited:
I would say that maybe it wasn't obvious cheating on BB's part, but as a coaching genius I think he should have known better and been absolutely sure about that rule. So I guess I was wrong after all!

You rightly give the man credit for being smart. Consider that (1.) smart people normally don't need to cheat and, (2.) they're usually also smart enough to realize that cheating isn't worth the consequences of getting caught.

But even geniuses make mistakes. They just make fewer mistakes than most of us.

I never said that that's what they did with the videos they get. I didn't think that was even part of the issue?

Regardless of whatever "you" said, the common misperception that the media has created for a lot of fans is that they were feeding the opposing play calls to Brady.

I just think Belichick misunderstood the degree of seriousness that the league had on this issue. I also think he may have stubbornly resisted compliance b/c he saw it as an absolutely foolish rule.

Why is it foolish? B/c it's completely unenforceable. Any team could put people in the stands with cell phone video camera and do the same thing with little to no risk of ever getting caught. So the only thing that "rule" does is encourage teams to sneak around. Belichick is above sneaking around. He did this out in the open. He didn't try to hide it in any way.

I give Belichick a lot of credit. The media has been ridiculous in their treatment of him. It takes a lot of restraint and character to resist the temptation to fire back.

The more he refuses to acknowledge their attacks, the harsher their attacks become. Yet he stays the course. That's admirable in my eyes. He understands how futile it is to engage the media with arguments.

At the end of the day, it's the sports media that looks HORRIBLE. I'm astonished that there are actually media types out there calling for teams to intentionally hurt Brady. That's deplorable. Yet nobody holds any of those jerks accountable.

Like the Patriots or hate the Patriots, the one thing that the Patriots have done is expose the idiocy of our media. All these people do is speculate and spread hate and misinformation.

Our media is destroying the collective intelligence of this nation. To the rest of the world, we're becoming a nation of ******s. How else could George Bush get elected? We don't value depth. We don't value intelligence. We value simplicity and shallowness. That's who we've become. The question is whether there's anything anybody can do about it.

Last edited:
Regardless of whatever "you" said, the common misperception that the media has created for a lot of fans is that they were feeding the opposing play calls to Brady.

I just think Belichick misunderstood the degree of seriousness that the league had on this issue. I also think he may have stubbornly resisted compliance b/c he saw it as an absolutely foolish rule.

Why is it foolish? B/c it's completely unenforceable. Any team could put people in the stands with cell phone video camera and do the same thing with little to no risk of ever getting caught. So the only thing that "rule" does is encourage teams to sneak around. Belichick is above sneaking around. He did this out in the open. He didn't try to hide it in any way.

I give Belichick a lot of credit. The media has been ridiculous in their treatment of him. It takes a lot of restraint and character to resist the temptation to fire back.

The more he refuses to acknowledge their attacks, the harsher their attacks become. Yet he stays the course. That's admirable in my eyes. He understands how futile it is to engage the media with arguments.

At the end of the day, it's the sports media that looks HORRIBLE. I'm astonished that there are actually media types out there calling for teams to intentionally hurt Brady. That's deplorable. Yet nobody holds any of those jerks accountable.

Like the Patriots or hate the Patriots, the one thing that the Patriots have done is expose the idiocy of our media. All these people do is speculate and spread hate and misinformation.

Our media is destroying the collective intelligence of this nation. To the rest of the world, we're becoming a nation of ******s. How else could George Bush get elected? We don't value depth. We don't value intelligence. We value simplicity and shallowness. That's who we've become. The question is whether there's anything anybody can do about it.

1.) This is not a political forum

2.) Bush had better grades in college than Kerry

3.) Bush and Gore were both B/C students in college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes