Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On NFLN Total Access tonight: Marshall Faulk absolutely refuses to consider BB a candidate for Coach of the Year because of "spygate." Take him and Emmitt Smith and you might ... I mean MIGHT ... collectively have enough intelligence to fill two-thirds of a thimble. Each time either one of those vacant idiots opens his mouth, discussion nosedives to a level only slightly above the cognitive acumen of a tree slug.

Letter to Santa: All I want for Christmas is for Marshall Faulk to get amnesia and wander far, far away from NFLN. And, for Emmitt Smith to learn proper use of the English language before finding religion and entering missionary service.

I think he brings up a good point. I doubt very many will vote for a cheater as coach of the year.

I like Emmitt, even though he can be quite the mushmouth. I think he's smarter than he seems, he just can't get the words out. But Faulk, that dude is a joke.

I think he brings up a good point. I doubt very many will vote for a cheater as coach of the year.

I know he broke a procedural league rule, but how did BB "cheat," exactly? Please explain.

When did breaking the rules not become cheating?

To the contrary, it's not "cheating" unless unfair advantage is gained. Still waiting for you to make some sense here, bub.

It's really not "cheating". It's like a reporter breaking a procedural rule to get information. Oh wait, that happens all the time...

To the contrary, it's not "cheating" unless unfair advantage is gained. Still waiting for you to make some sense here, bub.
So illegally taping defensive signals for later use is not an unfair advantage? how is it not an unfair advantage?

Filming coaches is a known common practice as advanced scouting. Anyone who claims that the Pats were stealing signals and relaying it to the QB in game is MAKING stuff up. BB said advanced scouting and Goodell didn't say anymore. Conspiracy Theories aren't very realistic.

The commisioner himself made a point to say at the time, that it was NOT cheating. I think thats about as clear cut as it gets.

The commisioner himself made a point to say at the time, that it was NOT cheating. I think thats about as clear cut as it gets.
He never said anything like that. Please stop making things up. He said it gave them no competitive advantage FOR THAT GAME. But they wouldn't be using that tape for that game now would they?

So illegally taping defensive signals for later use is not an unfair advantage? how is it not an unfair advantage?

It never was proven that the advance scouting BB did in that fashion amounted to "unfair advantage." Remember, Goodell did not accuse BB of "cheating"; in fact, he ABSOLVED him of cheating in the game (Jets) where taping occurred. You extrapolate violation of a league rule (legitimately misinterpreted by BB) into "cheating" because you do not like the Patriots.

Folks like you and the idiot Faulk gleefully mischaracterize this "cheating" allegation to serve your own dislike of the Patriots and BB, likely because of envy.

It never was proven that the advance scouting BB did in that fashion amounted to "unfair advantage." Remember, Goodell did not accuse BB of "cheating"; in fact, he ABSOLVED him of cheating in the game (Jets) where taping occurred. You extrapolate violation of a league rule (legitimately misinterpreted by BB) into "cheating" because you do not like the Patriots.

Folks like you and the idiot Faulk gleefully mischaracterize this "cheating" allegation to serve your own dislike of the Patriots and BB, likely because of envy.
Nope, he was never absolved of cheating, it was absolved of gaining an unfair competitive advantage FOR THAT GAME. Get your facts straight.

Breaking the rules is not considered cheating ever since Tony Dungy was voted coach of the year in 2005 after illegally pumping crowd noise in the dome- because as every one knows, god is on his side.

Arrr, you do realize that stealing signals is LEGAL. It's just the method in which we stole signals was against the rules.

Coaches don't use the same signals throughout the season or longer. Do you honestly believe BB could "steal" the signals off the video and then 5 months later the opposing coach uses the same exact signals! There is a reason why they have 3 people giving signals with only 1 giving the real signals... people steal signals. Coaches generally change them up every game.

But it's alright, you hate the Patriots, and anything we say won't change your mind. You know what we call people like that? Delirious.

Let me give you an analogy, it would be like if you were caught with notecards that you were going to use for an exam before it began. They'd be taken away and you'd get no competitive advantage over the other students, but you still got caught cheating.

Breaking the rules is not considered cheating ever since Tony Dungy was voted coach of the year in 2005 after illegally pumping crowd noise in the dome- because as every one knows, god is on his side.
haha talk about conspiracy theories.

Nope, he was never absolved of cheating, it was absolved of gaining an unfair competitive advantage FOR THAT GAME. Get your facts straight.

OK Ace, how is that NOT being absolved of cheating? He sure as hell was not accused of "cheating" at any other time. He was fined for violating a league rule, however. Again, a rule that BB legitimately had misinterpreted. Why are you so quick to embrace "cheating" and not a misinterpretation of the rule? Are you possibly biased against the Patriots?

Arrr, you do realize that stealing signals is LEGAL. It's just the method in which we stole signals was against the rules.

Coaches don't use the same signals throughout the season or longer. Do you honestly believe BB could "steal" the signals off the video and then 5 months later the opposing coach uses the same exact signals! There is a reason why they have 3 people giving signals with only 1 giving the real signals... people steal signals. Coaches generally change them up every game.

But it's alright, you hate the Patriots, and anything we say won't change your mind. You know what we call people like that? Delirious.
So why was he video taping then if there would be no advantage to it? Is BB just stupid then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes