PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Faulk: the dumbing down of America

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. No it isn't, not the way he did it. Prove it.
B. Mangini is scum for turning in the cheater? Yeah... ok buddy.
C.Prove it.
D.He was cheating, because signal stealing in that way isn't fine. If it was there would be no problem.

Wow. Naive, stupid AND zero knowledge of football. You are quite the triple threat.

If you don't get it by now, you're not going to get it.
If you're going to make accusations like that you should probably be able to back it up.

Last edited:
haha, what facts have been presented to me? Give me all the facts tommys girl. Give them all so I can gobble them up and gain their tasty informative sustenance and thus be enlightened to your point of view. All I've heard is Satchboogie screaming "It's not cheating!" and me explaining to him why it is.

The FACT that has been presented to you, oh pea brained one, is that the Pats were fined for taping from an illegal location. That camera could have been placed somewhere else and filmed the same damn thing and been legal. There is such a thing as zoom lenses.

Do you understand BB lives and breathes this game? He is ridculously obsessive. All of the mysterious tapes had was film of every defense in the league. He had film on every defensive coordinator and coach to know their tendencies. We were accused in a Packers game right? Do you seriously think he was filming thier signals for a game 4 years from now when we play them again? Seriously? He filmed the defensive coaches in case they get a head coaching job with another team he plays regularly.

If stealing signs is so bad, why does every coach cover up? Why do they change their signals? I realize you worship at the altar of Dungy, but do you not respect all of the old time coaches who have repeatedly expressed thier opinions that this is not a big deal, everyone does it? And we won't get into the Mudd on your sideline.

The FACT that has been presented to you, oh pea brained one, is that the Pats were fined for taping from an illegal location. That camera could have been placed somewhere else and filmed the same damn thing and been legal. There is such a thing as zoom lenses.

Do you understand BB lives and breathes this game? He is ridculously obsessive. All of the mysterious tapes had was film of every defense in the league. He had film on every defensive coordinator and coach to know their tendencies. We were accused in a Packers game right? Do you seriously think he was filming thier signals for a game 4 years from now when we play them again? Seriously? He filmed the defensive coaches in case they get a head coaching job with another team he plays regularly.

If stealing signs is so bad, why does every coach cover up? Why do they change their signals? I realize you worship at the altar of Dungy, but do you not respect all of the old time coaches who have repeatedly expressed thier opinions that this is not a big deal, everyone does it? And we won't get into the Mudd on your sideline.
If he's so obsessive and breathes the game, how did he skirt over the rule where you can't do what he did. I'm afraid it just doesn't add up what you're saying.
Edit: What you're saying is that there's no competitive advantage to taping from the sideline. So if that's true why did Belichick not just tape from the stands?
Once again, either BB is dumb (obviously not the case), or there was an advantage to be gained that BB risked for at least one game and he got caught.

Last edited:
Marshall Faulk makes up words.

Marshall Faulk makes up words.

His latest example is anytime he agrees with Emmitt Smith, he makes a sound like a pirate "Arrrr".

If he's so obsessive and breathes the game, how did he skirt over the rule where you can't do what he did. I'm afraid it just doesn't add up what you're saying.
Edit: What you're saying is that there's no competitive advantage to taping from the sideline. So if that's true why did Belichick not just tape from the stands?
Once again, either BB is dumb (obviously not the case), or there was an advantage to be gained that BB risked for at least one game and he got caught.

Because the rule states you can't videotape for use during the game, he wasn't. That was the whole "misinterpretation of the rule" Was it arrogant and a little stupid? Yes. Was it cheating? Hell to the no.

And seriously, what advantage do we really need against the Jets? If he were going to "risk it" for one game, do you really think it would be for them?

His latest example is anytime he agrees with Emmitt Smith, he makes a sound like a pirate "Arrrr".
Don't knock pirates man. Pirates are awesome, and so are the noises that they make.

Because the rule states you can't videotape for use during the game, he wasn't. That was the whole "misinterpretation of the rule" Was it arrogant and a little stupid? Yes. Was it cheating? Hell to the no.

And seriously, what advantage do we really need against the Jets? If he were going to "risk it" for one game, do you really think it would be for them?
You're missing my point, why would he risk it? why would Bill belichick, the smartest coach in the NFL, risk something he was unsure of it being legal if something which was completely legal would work just as well?

You're missing my point, why would he risk it? why would Bill belichick, the smartest coach in the NFL, risk something he was unsure of it being legal if something which was completely legal would work just as well?

You answered your own question. He apparently was comfortable enough with his interpretation of the rule to go forward with the way he chose to handle it. Why suggest he was consciously unsure of anything?

You answered your own question. He apparently was comfortable enough with his interpretation of the rule to go forward with the way he chose to handle it. Why suggest he was consciously unsure of anything?
So COACHING GENIUS Bill belichick couldn't interpret a clear as day rule? Suuuuuure. If that's what you want to believe, then fine.

So why was he video taping then if there would be no advantage to it? Is BB just stupid then?

The answer to that is somewhat more complicated than the minds of most fans. The unfortunate truth is that this simply goes over most people's heads.

Instead of trying to understand the complexity of the situation, its far easier to dumb it down and simply label it "cheating".

BB is very tech savvy. He used the footage to create complex databases of the tendencies of opposing coaches. It wasn't used so that he could relay stolen signals to Brady. It was used to understand which coaches make what adjustments and when.

Every coach is different. Some coaches are much more predictable than others. Some coaches develop patterns in their play calls that when broken down and analyzed can provide useful information.

By matching the footage in question with the game footage, you might discover that Coach Cowher blitzed Polalamalou up the middle 80 percent of the time when the offense shifts from a pro set to an empty backfield.

Figuring out these tendencies is what film breakdown is all about. It's just that Belichick went one step further in an effort to make his info even more accurate and useful.

Obviously once he understands the opposing coaches tendencies, he's able to call plays that offset the opposing coaches tendencies.

This is also one reason that BB struggles against Shanahan. Shanahan has always been aware that BB studies tendencies. So Shanahan actually sets BB up. On 3rd and 1, Shanahan may run the ball 90 percent of the time but against the Patriots, he throws it deep in those situations. And I swear to you, he catches us with our pants down every single time.

Doe she strike you as someone who bows to authority? Like it or not, he is who he is. He's a master at this game. He's already had to change the way he's always coached thanks to the whiners you worship. The media is incredulous to him, the league cowtows to others, he shuts his mouth and goes about his business and does things his way. He bent the rule and got caught, he deserved to get pinched, but nearly to the level this became.

Be honest with yourself, if this was the Cardinals or Raiders or anyone else, do you think it would have been such a story? More importantly, would you really care?

The fact is, he's been doing it for years. I do believe there is an unwritten rule. I don't think he thought he was doing anything wrong, the malice was not behind the thought. And I certainly don't think he ever thought the guy who ows him EVERYTHING in the world, would rat him out.

The answer to that is somewhat more complicated than the minds of most fans. The unfortunate truth is that this simply goes over most people's heads.

Instead of trying to understand the complexity of the situation, its far easier to dumb it down and simply label it "cheating".

BB is very tech savvy. He used the footage to create complex databases of the tendencies of opposing coaches. It wasn't used so that he could relay stolen signals to Brady. It was used to understand which coaches make what adjustments and when.

Every coach is different. Some coaches are much more predictable than others. Some coaches develop patterns in their play calls that when broken down and analyzed can provide useful information.

By matching the footage in question with the game footage, you might discover that Coach Cowher blitzed Polalamalou up the middle 80 percent of the time when the offense shifts from a pro set to an empty backfield.

Figuring out these tendencies is what film breakdown is all about. It's just that Belichick went one step further in an effort to make his info even more accurate and useful.

Obviously once he understands the opposing coaches tendencies, he's able to call plays that offset the opposing coaches tendencies.

This is also one reason that BB struggles against Shanahan. Shanahan has always been aware that BB studies tendencies. So Shanahan actually sets BB up. On 3rd and 1, Shanahan may run the ball 90 percent of the time but against the Patriots, he throws it deep in those situations. And I swear to you, he catches us with our pants down every single time.
I never said that that's what they did with the videos they get. I didn't think that was even part of the issue?

Doe she strike you as someone who bows to authority? Like it or not, he is who he is. He's a master at this game. He's already had to change the way he's always coached thanks to the whiners you worship. The media is incredulous to him, the league cowtows to others, he shuts his mouth and goes about his business and does things his way. He bent the rule and got caught, he deserved to get pinched, but nearly to the level this became.

Be honest with yourself, if this was the Cardinals or Raiders or anyone else, do you think it would have been such a story? More importantly, would you really care?

The fact is, he's been doing it for years. I do believe there is an unwritten rule. I don't think he thought he was doing anything wrong, the malice was not behind the thought. And I certainly don't think he ever thought the guy who ows him EVERYTHING in the world, would rat him out.
I laughed at that bolded part. just a typo though, i know.
What you're saying is, since he's not someone who bows to authority is that he knew it was a violation of the rules. That's what I'm saying too so i guess we are finally in agreement.

So COACHING GENIUS Bill belichick couldn't interpret a clear as day rule? Suuuuuure. If that's what you want to believe, then fine.

Just like Martin Luther Dungy misinterprets the Bible en route to hating gays? Look, the rule easily could be interpreted re., prohibiting taping for use during the game it was shot in. It's not that hard to understand. If you want to believe he deliberately cheated go right ahead, but you'd be choosing to be wrong.

Just like Martin Luther Dungy misinterprets the Bible en route to hating gays? Look, the rule easily could be interpreted re., prohibiting taping for use during the game it was shot in. It's not that hard to understand. If you want to believe he deliberately cheated go right ahead, but you'd be choosing to be wrong.

This? Is the best analogy I've seen. If they don't get it after this, they won't.

I laughed at that bolded part. just a typo though, i know.
What you're saying is, since he's not someone who bows to authority is that he knew it was a violation of the rules. That's what I'm saying too so i guess we are finally in agreement.

No, I just don't think he sits around studying rule books and Polians latest additions. He coaches football, he doesn't take notes and write memos and ***** and moan, he coaches football-well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick