PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney gets diapers at his locker [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Diapers

You are correct in that Maroney has never been a power back. However, you are wrong to think that he can't run with power and authority.

Didn't you just contradict yourself there?

The big thing I see from Maroney is that he doesn't run with patience.. He gets to places before the holes open up.. And that slows him down because he can't hit the hole with authority the way Morris did.

As Maroney gets more reps, both in practice and in games, he'll learn.

When will he learn? And can this team afford to let him 'learn on the job' so to speak? This also still doesn't address the fact that Maroney has not shown up the past two games, and according to some posters, likely will not show up the next 2 games vs tough run stopping teams in Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Morris is out for the year. If Maroney can't do the job, then who will??

Last edited:
Re: Diapers

Didn't you just contradict yourself there?

When will he learn? And can this team afford to let him 'learn on the job' so to speak? This also still doesn't address the fact that Maroney has not shown up the past two games, and according to some posters, likely will not show up the next 2 games vs tough run stopping teams in Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Morris is out for the year. If Maroney can't do the job, then who will??

Ya, maybe we should shut Tom Brady and Randy Moss down when we go up against great pass defenses. The excuses for kool-aid just never cease to amaze me.:rolleyes:

Re: Milk Carton: Have you seen Maroney?

Two weeks in a row? So was it also part of the Buffalo gameplan to totally ignore Maroney? Why then did Eckel and Evans get such extensive time OVER him?
I can buy gameplan vs Philly, but not vs Buffalo. The Pats ran the ball a lot against the Bills.

Something fishy is going on here.
1 game can be shrugged off, but 2 makes a pattern.

Did you even watch the Bills game? The Pats ran Eckel and Evans in the 2nd half because they didn't NEED to run Maroney. It was Maroney's 1st game back from injury. The game was well in hand. Why risk another injury to Maroney?

Heath Evans ran the ball twice in the 1st half. Maroney ran it 6 times. Welker ran it once. That's 9 running plays TOTAL. Compared to 28 pass attempts. The Pats were up 35-7 at the half. Care to re-think that it wasn't the game plan?

Repeat after me: He is a JAG. He is not a special player, thus the reason why BB doesn't use him. I agree with BB. I'd rather see Kevin Faulk in the game than Maroney. Maroney is a JAG.

Repeat after me. My name is NSA and I am a MORON. I don't know what I am talking about. I am a loser who just hates Maroney because he is what I can't even dream of being.

NSA, your rants on Maroney show how pathetic you are. They aren't supported by fact. And this idea that BB doesn't use him because Maroney isn't a special player is just stupid and is total BS speculation on your part. And its certainly not supported by any FACTS.

Did I misunderstand the part where he "hit the hole hard" and scored the game winning touchdown in a close game on Sunday? That was a great run, and I thought he was used exactly the way he should be against a good run defense.

In case nobody noticed, the Patriots had blown two goal to go situations, with only 3 points to show for it, earlier in the game. Brady through a not so good pass on first down for an incompletion in a critical possession. On second and goal, they called Maroney's number and he jammed it in -- a great play call (with everyone expecting pass) and a great run.

Why is it that we'll celebrate Jabar for showing up when the team needs him, but when Maroney does the same thing we don't give him credit.

Maroney needs to be there when we need him. He has answered the bell this year. Many times he is not the option that gives this team, at this time, in these situations, the best chance of winning. But when he does, none of us has any ground to see he won't be ready. He was Sunday. He scored the game winner.

Did you even watch the Bills game? The Pats ran Eckel and Evans in the 2nd half because they didn't NEED to run Maroney. It was Maroney's 1st game back from injury. The game was well in hand. Why risk another injury to Maroney?

Heath Evans ran the ball twice in the 1st half. Maroney ran it 6 times. Welker ran it once. That's 9 running plays TOTAL. Compared to 28 pass attempts. The Pats were up 35-7 at the half. Care to re-think that it wasn't the game plan?

Why risk another injury to Maroney? Who cares? What the hell has the kid ever done when he is healthy? You act as if this kid has actually contributed anything to this team. He's a JAG. Rest him? Could he possibly give us anything less? I'd yawn if this kid was out for the season. He has no impact whatsoever on this team. None. He is such a dissapointment it's not even funny.

Repeat after me. My name is NSA and I am a MORON. I don't know what I am talking about. I am a loser who just hates Maroney because he is what I can't even dream of being.

NSA, your rants on Maroney show how pathetic you are. They aren't supported by fact. And this idea that BB doesn't use him because Maroney isn't a special player is just stupid and is total BS speculation on your part. And its certainly not supported by any FACTS.

I'm a moron and loser because I don't agree with you????????? Stay classy San Diego. Stay classy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Did you even watch the Bills game?

Care to re-think that it wasn't the game plan?

Sure let's talk numbers.

The Patriots passed the ball 41 times and ran the ball 29 times.
They ran the football 41.4 percent of the time.

Of the 29 times the Pats ran the ball, Maroney carried it a grand total of 6 times. So he toted the rock only 20% of the Pats possible run plays.
In other words the Patriots chose to give the ball to RBs other than Maroney 80% of the time.
Why would the "game plan" favor giving the ball to RBs other than Maroney on 80% of the carries UNLESS there is a hidden injury issue OR he is in BB's doghouse?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20071118002

Last edited:

That's actually the first reasonable theory I've heard. BB reluctant to take passes away from Brady... BUT if that's true, how come the Pats were able to run the ball so much with Eckel and Evans vs Bills. And Maroney was MIA?

Still seems like Maroney might be hurt or in the doghouse to me.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that the Pats have used kids gloves on ALL of their injured players recently. From Gay to Maroney to Wilson to Bruschi to Seymour to Seau.

Maroney had 6 of the 9 1st half runs by the Pats against Buffalo. The Pats threw 28 passing in that 1st half. That SMACKS of game plan. In the 2nd half, the Pats ran it with Evans and Eckel because they had the 35-7 lead and made attempts to NOT run up the score on the Bills. Why subject Maroney to injury when he's just returning?

Sure let's talk numbers.

The Patriots passed the ball 41 times and ran the ball 29 times.
They ran the football 41.4 percent of the time.

Of the 29 times the Pats ran the ball, Maroney carried it a grand total of 6 times. So he toted the rock only 20% of the Pats possible run plays. In other words the Patriots chose to give the ball to RBs other than Maroney 80% of the time.

Why would the "game plan" favor giving the ball to RBs other than Maroney on 80% of the carries UNLESS there is a hidden injury issue OR he is in BB's doghouse?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20071118002

:eek: :blahblah: :blahblah: :rolleyes:

This has been explained ad nauseum. If you aren't even going to pay attention then you are just wasting everyone's time.

I know, because Bethel Johnson wasn't a BUST after 1 1/2 seasons either. Were the people calling Bethel Johnson a BUST after 1 1/2 seasons wrong or right? The Maroney toadies need to take the blinders off.
]

This is laughable coming from you.

No, Bethel wasn't considered a bust after a year and a half. Only to imbeciles like yourself who think they know better than BB and Pioli.

Re: diapers

LOL! So you mean to tell me we had to use a 1st rd pick to obtain the MEDIOCRE PRODUCTION that Maroney has given us? We couldn't have possibly obtained this kind of MEDIOCRE PRODUCTION from a 3rd rd pick or a free agent? Puhleaze. Keep defending your boy. I'll be laughing when he is sent packing in a year or two like Bethel Johnson. The kid is a BUST.

Bethel Johnson wasn't sent packing after 2 years. But I am not surprised you don't have a friggin clue what you are talking about.

Sorry, moron, but you won't be laughing at all.. You'll be crying because you'll be wrong.

:eek: :blahblah: :blahblah: :rolleyes:

This has been explained ad nauseum. If you aren't even going to pay attention then you are just wasting everyone's time.

A childish response that again ignores the cold, hard football facts. When analysis is presented you respond with "blahblah", kind of like a kid sticking his fingers in his ears when he hears something unpleasant. Well the truth is unpleasant at times.

The fact remains that Maroney has PRODUCED 19 yards and 31 yards respectively over the past 2 games. He will have to pick up his production vs Baltimore if he wishes to leave my milk carton, or BB's doghouse, whichever it may be.

Last edited:

]

This is laughable coming from you.

No, Bethel wasn't considered a bust after a year and a half. Only to imbeciles like yourself who think they know better than BB and Pioli.

So I was right on the fact that Bethel was a BUST, but I'm an imbecile???????? So, tell me, where is this RULE that somebody cannot call a kid a BUST after 1 1/2 years even though, in the end, he was EXCACTLY THAT!! Wow.:rolleyes:

Re: diapers

Bethel Johnson wasn't sent packing after 2 years. But I am not surprised you don't have a friggin clue what you are talking about.

Sorry, moron, but you won't be laughing at all.. You'll be crying because you'll be wrong.

I hope he does. I hope he turns into Gale Sayers. Hell, at this point, I hope he turns into Antowain Smith, LOL! Unlike you, however, I'm a realist. I don't waste my paychecks buying lottery tickets hoping to become a billionaire. Just like I don't waste my time holding my breath that Glass Maroney will somehow, someway, transform himself from a MEDIOCRE, AVERAGE running back into a STAR. Sorry, but my breath is too valuable. He is what he is. And that's a boring, run-of-the-mill, average running back that is an absolutely, positively MINISCULE FACTOR in any game whatsoever.

A childish response that again ignores the cold, hard football facts. When analysis is presented you respond with "blahblah", kind of like a kid sticking his fingers in his ears when he hears something unpleasant. Well the truth is unpleasant at times.

The fact remains that Maroney has PRODUCED 19 yards and 31 yards respectively over the past 2 games. He will have to pick up his production vs Baltimore if he wishes to leave my milk carton, or BB's doghouse, whichever it may be.

Seriously, I'm trying to refrain from insults and derogatory comments but you are making it very hard. You ask this question:

Of the 29 times the Pats ran the ball, Maroney carried it a grand total of 6 times. So he toted the rock only 20% of the Pats possible run plays. In other words the Patriots chose to give the ball to RBs other than Maroney 80% of the time.

When the answers have already come:

Second, when Morris is already on IR, why in God's name would you ever just pound Maroney over the final 30 minutes of a game that was clearly decided?

Maroney had 6 of the 9 1st half runs by the Pats against Buffalo. The Pats threw 28 passing in that 1st half. That SMACKS of game plan. In the 2nd half, the Pats ran it with Evans and Eckel because they had the 35-7 lead and made attempts to NOT run up the score on the Bills. Why subject Maroney to injury when he's just returning?

You continue to bring up the yardage when that is partially adressed above and partly with this post:

* Maroney has performed well when he sees the field
* Faulk would be ahead of probably every RB in the league no named LdT or Westbrook (and maybe even those guys as well) as a threat in the passing game.
* NE has a historic passing attack that they clearly favor.
* Maroney has actually run quite well in the very games that you hold as the shiny example of his failings.

There is just as much reason to believe he will be good, if not plenty more, than that which seems negative. Your opinion is clear and you clearly aren't open changing it. We don't need to hear it again.

You claim that others want to ignore what they see, you you are doing the exact same thing from the other side. You say that I just blah, blahed you but you have never responded to any of the above posts! You just continue to bleat the same crap over and over and over and purposely ignore what your opposers are saying.

Maroney never breaks long runs. Maroney's pass blocking is below average. Maroney is a below average pass receiver. Maroney is constantly battling injuries. That's what we wanted from a guy we used the #21 pick in the draft for? The guy does NOTHING out of the ordinary. NOTHING.

WOW... Maroney has had 2 injuries and, according to YOU, he's constantly battling them?

Now, a little history lesson for you moron. Minnesota RARELY uses their RBs as pass catchers. It took Maroney TELLING his coach to pass the ball to him more for him to get the 17 receptions that he did his junior year. That was the most receptions by a Gophers RB in the 5 years PRIOR.

The Pats have Kevin Faulk as their pass catching RB already. To claim that Maroney is below average and act like he's just a bad pass catcher is laughable because its a part of his game that is still in development. Just like the blocking. Maroney has actually done pretty well the few times he's had to block, but, again, its a part of his game still under development.

As for what YOU wanted out of the 21st pick in the draft, just because you are a clueless moron with unrealistic expectations doesn't mean everyone else is.

Now, as for Maroney not breaking long runs. You really need to do some better homework because you'll find that MOST RBs don't break a lot of 20+ yard gainers. They are a RARITY. For you to expect it on a constant basis is unrealistic. Not to mention, it shows a lack of knowledge of the game on your part and shows that you don't give defenses enough credit.

WOW... Maroney has had 2 injuries and, according to YOU, he's constantly battling them?

Now, a little history lesson for you moron. Minnesota RARELY uses their RBs as pass catchers. It took Maroney TELLING his coach to pass the ball to him more for him to get the 17 receptions that he did his junior year. That was the most receptions by a Gophers RB in the 5 years PRIOR.

The Pats have Kevin Faulk as their pass catching RB already. To claim that Maroney is below average and act like he's just a bad pass catcher is laughable because its a part of his game that is still in development. Just like the blocking. Maroney has actually done pretty well the few times he's had to block, but, again, its a part of his game still under development.

As for what YOU wanted out of the 21st pick in the draft, just because you are a clueless moron with unrealistic expectations doesn't mean everyone else is.

Now, as for Maroney not breaking long runs. You really need to do some better homework because you'll find that MOST RBs don't break a lot of 20+ yard gainers. They are a RARITY. For you to expect it on a constant basis is unrealistic. Not to mention, it shows a lack of knowledge of the game on your part and shows that you don't give defenses enough credit.

It would be nice to see Laurence break a few, but then idiots like those two would be claiming that his ypc isn't a good measure due to those same runs.

How is it POSSIBLE to defend a 1st Rd running back that gets 25-30 yards every game and is NO FACTOR whatsoever in the passing game? In year #2 of his career! How is it possible to defend this kid??????? Do you honestly believe BB expected this kid to be sitting on the bench by game #11 in 2007 when he drafted him #1 two years ago? Wow, some of you know no boundaries when it comes to defending this kid. This kid doesn't play because he doesn't deserve to play!!! He rides the pine because he is a JAG. End of story. The best players play. Maroney is just a JAG and his contributions are minimal. That's why he rides the pine. The only way we'll ever see this kid play more is if our offense gets worse. That's a good thing??????????? Good lord.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back