PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney gets diapers at his locker [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milk Carton: Have you seen Maroney?

Love all the excuses, guesses, theories...etc. My theory is ...Maroney was benched in the first half verses Philly because he dared to contradict the Patriots status report that listed him as injured during the 2nd half of the Buffalo game. :) :)

So you expect Maroney to be MIA against the Ravens too?
That won't exactly be an encouraging sign imo.
Has BB lost confidence in Maroney or what?

Just my 2 cents here but;

Against Buffalo he still had some happy feet in the hole and we got up so big why risk some injury to let him work it out.

Phily game I believe it's more of a Game Plan thing then him in the Doghouse. I'm encouraged because they gave him some goal line carries the last two games as opposed to earlier in the season with Morris getting virtually everyone because he hits the holes full speed ahead which is key in the goal line. But I think he's going to be fine and our run game is better than the media pundits are giving us credit for. We'll see but don't expect much from him on Monday because of the match-ups and Faulk will command an extra LB or Safety to help on his pass catch threat and to be honest when Tom is in the Shotgun Faulk is just alot better at blocking then Laurence is right now. So Faulk will get alot of action especially against high blitzing teams.
PT55

That's actually the first reasonable theory I've heard. BB reluctant to take passes away from Brady... BUT if that's true, how come the Pats were able to run the ball so much with Eckel and Evans vs Bills. And Maroney was MIA?

Still seems like Maroney might be hurt or in the doghouse to me.

First off,

That is the exact same thing everyone has said that you waive aside with a self-satisfied hand.

Second, when Morris is already on IR, why in God's name would you ever just pound Maroney over the final 30 minutes of a game that was clearly decided?

Sometimes you need to think a little.

BUT if that's true, how come the Pats were able to run the ball so much with Eckel and Evans vs Bills. And Maroney was MIA?

Still seems like Maroney might be hurt or in the doghouse to me.
The Buffalo second half is a slight outlier but although Maroney said he wasn't hurt it sounded like they did precautionary x rays at halftime and with the big lead there was no need to bring him back. Maroney had 10 of the 13 RB carries against Philly.

Of course Maroney won't be used heavily against Baltimore! He won't be leaned on against Pitt either. Why?

Because both teams are significantly better at stopping the run than the pass!

Why would you pound your head against the strongest wall when you have other options? NE's passing offense is historically great and Faulk is possibly the best receiving back in the league. Why is it so hard to see that? There is no shame in Maroney giving time to Faulk when NE is planning on going pass heavy.

Aren't you the same person who claimed that Graham leaving prior to Watson's 4th year was evidence that Watson was drafted to replace him? Doesn't that mean that Maroney still has 2 more years before the team turns the reigns over to him?

VJC, did you SERIOUSLY just start ANOTHER thread about this? I see it's now been merged, but it really makes you a real drag on this site when you continually start NEW threads making the same old points. The fact they're ludicrously over-the-top is beside the point.

We get it. You guys hate Maroney, he is a bust after 1 1/2 seasons and you're so mad you've just GOTTA keep starting threads about it. Take a break.

In a word yes. Baltimore held the best to what 80 yards and that was with a 36 yarder in there so I expect us to go in there and spread them out and if Moroney gets 50 it's because of trap draws and inside draws. You have to game plan with what you've got and fortunately for us we have alot of weapons. I know people look at Peterson and say WOW, but they run him no matter what because they have no QB on the roster so what's there options and you see he's on the sideline already. Laurence is going to be a great RB but he's still got something to learn about the league in regards to blocking and to the running schemes we put together. Remember we changed our Run blocking schemes to more zone blocking this off season so give him time.
PT55

Re: diapers

Just waiting for the Maroney/Pats homer brigade to come full force into this thread to defend their boy. Does it suprise ANYONE that there must be players and coaches on this team that are getting tired of Maroney always getting nicked up and failing to play thru pain? The guy runs like he has high heel pumps on. I applaud the coach or player that put the diapers in his locker. The guy is a baby and a BUST.

That guy could out run your pathetic arse. Man, why don't you just stfu for a change when it comes to Maroney. You have proven you don't know a damn thing time and again.

Yeah.. Maroney is a baby and a bust because Felger reports some RUMOR.

NSA, you really need to get your head examined because you incessant ranting about Maroney being a bust shows how pathetic you are.

VJC, did you SERIOUSLY just start ANOTHER thread about this? I see it's now been merged, but it really makes you a real drag on this site when you continually start NEW threads making the same old points. The fact they're ludicrously over-the-top is beside the point.

We get it. You guys hate Maroney, he is a bust after 1 1/2 seasons and you're so mad you've just GOTTA keep starting threads about it. Take a break.

I know, because Bethel Johnson wasn't a BUST after 1 1/2 seasons either. Were the people calling Bethel Johnson a BUST after 1 1/2 seasons wrong or right? The Maroney toadies need to take the blinders off.

No No no according to the homers the pats LOVE maroney. In fact maroney is on of the best backs in the NFL. Just look at his ypc :rolleyes:

According to the idiot and MORON brigade, Maroney is a POS who hasn't done a damn thing and was a waste of a pick.

Funny that BB went out of his way to let people know that he has no issues with Maroney. But everyone should listen to YOU, your bumbhum, NSA, and the mediot Felger.

BTW, next time make sure you aren't misquoting people because it was BB himself who said that he loves Maroney.

According to the idiot and MORON brigade, Maroney is a POS who hasn't done a damn thing and was a waste of a pick.

Funny that BB went out of his way to let people know that he has no issues with Maroney. But everyone should listen to YOU, your bumbhum, NSA, and the mediot Felger.

BTW, next time make sure you aren't misquoting people because it was BB himself who said that he loves Maroney.

LOL! So you mean to tell me we had to use a 1st rd pick to obtain the MEDIOCRE PRODUCTION that Maroney has given us? We couldn't have possibly obtained this kind of MEDIOCRE PRODUCTION from a 3rd rd pick or a free agent? Puhleaze. Keep defending your boy. I'll be laughing when he is sent packing in a year or two like Bethel Johnson. The kid is a BUST.

I was thinking more like Maxi Pads

They probably went with diapers to avoid the wrath of the PC police. :D

Maroney needs 20-25 carries. I thought he ran great against Indy, and that they didn't give him the ball enough. He's extremly talented and just needs the ball.

Maroney getting diapers at his locker and Maroney's being MIA don't have anything to do with each other... but sure whatever. BTW check the signature. If anyone else is worried about Maroney, feel free to use it.
I think it's a point of legit concern when your proposed starting RB doesn't show up in the last 2 football games and doesn't figure to be a factor in your next 2, especially this late in the season.

Is it really all that hard to imagine that Maroney might either be in the doghouse or hurt? I've never professed a hatred of Maroney. I am just legitimately worried about his no-show performances to date.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what Maroney's diapers has to do with Maroney being MIA... but sure whatever floats your boat. BTW check the signature. If anyone else is worried about Maroney, feel free to use it.
I think it's a point of legit concern when your proposed starting RB doesn't show up in the last 2 football games and doesn't figure to be a factor in your next 2, especially this late in the season.

Is it really all that hard to imagine that Maroney might either be in the doghouse or hurt? I've never professed a hatred of Maroney. I am just legitimately worried about his no-show performances to date.

You're constant posting of this opinion indicates that you are tying to do more than just explain your position.

There are plenty of things that should concern people about Maroney. He needs to become more of a well-rounder option in the passing offense because it is too predictibly a running play when he sees the field. He needs to prove that he can consistently get the "tough" yardage when the team really needs it.

But you completely ignore these *facts*

* Maroney has performed well when he sees the field
* Faulk would be ahead of probably every RB in the league no named LdT or Westbrook (and maybe even those guys as well) as a threat in the passing game.
* NE has a historic passing attack that they clearly favor.
* Maroney has actually run quite well in the very games that you hold as the shiny example of his failings.

There is just as much reason to believe he will be good, if not plenty more, than that which seems negative. Your opinion is clear and you clearly aren't open changing it. We don't need to hear it again.

You're constant posting of this opinion indicates that you are tying to do more than just explain your position.

There are plenty of things that should concern people about Maroney. He needs to become more of a well-rounder option in the passing offense because it is too predictibly a running play when he sees the field. He needs to prove that he can consistently get the "tough" yardage when the team really needs it.

But you completely ignore these *facts*

* Maroney has performed well when he sees the field
* Faulk would be ahead of probably every RB in the league no named LdT or Westbrook (and maybe even those guys as well) as a threat in the passing game.
* NE has a historic passing attack that they clearly favor.
* Maroney has actually run quite well in the very games that you hold as the shiny example of his failings.

There is just as much reason to believe he will be good, if not plenty more, than that which seems negative. Your opinion is clear and you clearly aren't open changing it. We don't need to hear it again.

Maroney never breaks long runs. Maroney's pass blocking is below average. Maroney is a below average pass receiver. Maroney is constantly battling injuries. That's what we wanted from a guy we used the #21 pick in the draft for? The guy does NOTHING out of the ordinary. NOTHING.

Re: Diapers

Why is everyone surprised about Maroney not "hitting the hole hard"?

Maroney has NEVER, even in college, "hit the hole hard".

He is a finesse playmaking backup running back who you want to throw to or otherwise get into open field.

It was always stupid to think that Maroney could be a power running back. He's not. He never was. He never will be.

You didn't really watch Maroney at all in college, did you?

People need to realize that the Minnesota offense is predicated on the run. They run the ball more than just about every NFL team.

Maroney had MORE yards in his Sophomore season than Barber, though he did it on 14 less carries. Maroney was the STARTER in his Junior year. Maroney increased his carries from 162 as a freshman to 214 as a sophomore to 281 as a junior. Maroney topped the 1000 yard mark EACH SEASON with 1121 yards, 1348 yards, and 1464 yards respectively.

Maroney wasn't a SHORT-YARDAGE back with Minnesota. That feel to Barber and Thomas Tapeh during Maroney's freshman year, Barber during Maroney's sophomore year and Garry Russell during Maroney's junior year.

Yes, he split carries, but that was because there were some 600+ carries going around and the coaching staff purposedly divided them up.

To say that Maroney is a back-up is just BS and shows you really don't know a damn thing about him

You are correct in that Maroney has never been a power back. However, you are wrong to think that he can't run with power and authority.

The big thing I see from Maroney is that he doesn't run with patience.. He gets to places before the holes open up.. And that slows him down because he can't hit the hole with authority the way Morris did.

As Maroney gets more reps, both in practice and in games, he'll learn.

Seriously, this is getting bad. The Past two weeks Maroney has been MIA. What is the deal here, injury or doghouse?
Has Reiss made a comment about this yet?

Or maybe the Pats are just working him back in slowly. 6 carries against Buffalo. 10 against the Eagles. Oh, and the Pats only ran 13 times against the Eagles. ( I don't count Brady's 3 scrambles). So if the Pats call only 13 running plays, don't you think that is the GAME PLAN as Mo referred to?

I get the feeling some of you are going to be defending Maroney all the way out the door, which is where he's headed at this point.

Re: Diapers

You didn't really watch Maroney at all in college, did you?

People need to realize that the Minnesota offense is predicated on the run. They run the ball more than just about every NFL team.

Maroney had MORE yards in his Sophomore season than Barber, though he did it on 14 less carries. Maroney was the STARTER in his Junior year. Maroney increased his carries from 162 as a freshman to 214 as a sophomore to 281 as a junior. Maroney topped the 1000 yard mark EACH SEASON with 1121 yards, 1348 yards, and 1464 yards respectively.

Maroney wasn't a SHORT-YARDAGE back with Minnesota. That feel to Barber and Thomas Tapeh during Maroney's freshman year, Barber during Maroney's sophomore year and Garry Russell during Maroney's junior year.

Yes, he split carries, but that was because there were some 600+ carries going around and the coaching staff purposedly divided them up.

To say that Maroney is a back-up is just BS and shows you really don't know a damn thing about him

You are correct in that Maroney has never been a power back. However, you are wrong to think that he can't run with power and authority.

The big thing I see from Maroney is that he doesn't run with patience.. He gets to places before the holes open up.. And that slows him down because he can't hit the hole with authority the way Morris did.

As Maroney gets more reps, both in practice and in games, he'll learn.

Based on what???? He'll learn? How do we know that? He is a running back for cris sakes. If he doesn't know how to hit the hole with authority by now, than why the hell will he magically discover how to? The kid used to get told by his head coach at Minnesota to stop dancing and hit the hole. That's a fact. The kid is what he is. An average back. Nothing more, nothing less. The 1st rd has been filled with average backs that teams kept waiting on to "get it". They never do. This isn't a quarterback "learning" a system. You either have it or you don't. Maroney does not have it. End of story.

I get the feeling some of you are going to be defending Maroney all the way out the door, which is where he's headed at this point.

Bingo. Exactly. He is headed out of town just like Bethel Johnson was. Remember Bethel? Another guy we kept waiting on to "get it". Never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft